Friday, October 17, 2014

A Day Out With My Hubby (:


Today, Eugene and I went for a walk.  (I have pictures, but Blogger's being stupid and not letting me upload!  Rrgh...But regardless.)  
With Zelia, Ray, and even Fitz planning to watch the kids, we knew they'd be okay while we were gone -- hopefully!! 
Around ten, we left the table.  That's approximately when I realized that I was rusty on my table-climbing skills.  Eugene jumped down and I started to try and scurry quickly down the leg of the table, but then my hand slipped, and I ended up on the floor...tangled up in my own hair and limbs. 
Chuckling, my hubby quickly helped me to my feet.  "You okay?"
"Yeah," I blushed, bending to untangle my legs from my hair before I tried to walk.  "Thanks!" 
"You haven't done that in awhile," he added. 
"Just when I think I'm starting to be graceful and my clumsiness was just a phase..." I groaned, straightening and looking at him with an over-exaggerated facial expression. 
He laughed, nudging me gently with his shoulder.  "Oh, c'mon.  You know that your clumsiness is cute." 
"Says you!"  I shoved him back with my shoulder.  He retaliated by grabbing my arm and reaching to try to tickle my side, and I squealed, yanking away and running a few steps away before I turned around.  "What's gotten INTO you?!" 
He gave me that classic grin that made my heart skip a beat.  "What?  Can't I be excited for a day out with my best gal?" 
"No.  No, you can't," I deadpanned, and he played along, giving me a puppy-dog pout.  I tried to hold my serious face, but ended up giggling, as usual. 
He grinned and slung his arm around my shoulders, pulling me to his side.  "Hmm..you have yet to learn the art of keeping a straight face, m'lady." 
"Well, if you'd stop being so funny..!" I threw back. 
"Pardon me for making you laugh," he tried to act offended, but it fell flat. 
"Oh, who's failing at acting now?"  I asked, and he chuckled. 
"Fine, you got me.  Now, what do you want to do today?  Dance?"  he stopped in his tracks and tried to twirl me, but I failed - big surprise :P. 
I thumped awkwardly into his chest instead of twirling gracefully in a circle.  "Ooh!  Sorry.  Um...anything you want to do.  I'm up for anything," I smiled, and he chuckled, bending to kiss the tip of my nose while I was close to him.  

We eventually decided to dance for awhile, and I had to re-teach Eugene a couple of things.  It's been that long!  I can't remember the last time we danced, actually.  (We went to get Tangled Fan's tablet, which has a few songs on it, by the way.)  But it was okay, and he only stepped on my toes once (or twice).  In the middle of a song ("A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri), Eugene spoke up. 
"Can you believe that in just a couple of months, we'll have been married for a year?" 
"Seems like a lot less, but...I'm not the best to judge that.  Plus, time flies when you're having fun," I smiled.  Quite frankly, it surprised me.  Yes, I knew we have been married for nearly a year, but it just didn't really register, I suppose.  Not like I'm complaining or anything - far from it! I'm married to a great guy and have four perfect little kiddos, what more could I ask for?  Not to mention a chameleon, a few close friends, and a sister.  
"Mmhmm.  Speaking of last year, kind of, has Flynn emailed you anymore?" 
"Huh-uh.  Maybe I set him in his place," I gasped sarcastically, and he chuckled. 
"Alright, Miss Snarky-Pants." 
I laughed, and then he reached for my hand and, all joking aside, we resumed our walk. 

We just spent the day enjoying one another and talking about anything and everything.  It was really nice, and just like old times (:  And even better, when we came home in the evening, Zelia said that Zachary hadn't been too bad about being away from momma, so hopefully we'll be able to start taking him places, getting the girls off the table a bit more. 
Life is good... [=

No comments:

Post a Comment