Thursday, August 21, 2014

Meet Zach, and a Photoshoot [=


Yup....this basically shows how chaotic our family photoshoot went.  :P 
I'm sure some of you will be pleased to know that Mr. Zachary is making his debut on the blog today....I wanted a certain picture of him to be the first photo on this post, but Blogger is being weird and wouldn't put the photos in the order I wanted them.  Ugh. 
But anyway, without further ado...



Our family photoshoot.  At least, the pictures that are the least chaotic! :P 


I know...this picture's at a TERRIBLE angle, but that was Eugene randomly bending to kiss the top of his son's head.


For all you Sherlock fans...(if there are any that read the blog...I haven't watched BBC's Sherlock yet -can't find it online-but Tangled Fan talks about it a lot...) here's your chance to shine and play Sherlock Holmes himself: 
What can you deduce by the picture above? 
I'll keep typing random stuff to make a little bit of a space between the picture and the next picture (which should be a dead giveaway) so you can try your hand at deduction. 


 


Was your guess correct?
Can you figure it out with this picture? 
If not...
*sigh.*  Fine.


Zelia. 
Is. 
ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!
He proposed...ohh, what day was it?  Around the middle of the week.  Tuesday or Wednesday, I think?  It's all a little blurry.  All I know is that A) My sister is good at pulling a poker face and B) Zelia and Ray weren't amused that Tangled Fan made them have a photoshoot.  I'd be surprised if Tangled Fan came out of that photoshoot unscathed from burning remarks :P 

Anyway, the story of their proposal? 
Zelia was just sitting quietly beside me, holding Jordan, when she leaned over to me and said, "I'm engaged.  Ray proposed this morning...I left the ribbon on the other side of the table, though."
I almost screamed, but Zach had finally gone to sleep, so I just bit my lip until the urge to freak out passed, and then I squeaked, "Oh my gosh....oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh ZELIA!" 
She gave her classic, 'I don't get why you're so excited' eye roll, but her smile betrayed her. 
They haven't planned anything yet, and Zelia said that they are currently just wanting to take things slow "since they've only known each other since May" (Eugene and I only knew each other for two and a half or three months before we got married, if I remember correctly...) but that's fine and exactly typical of them :D

Of course, Zelia and Ray were giving Tangled Fan issues about taking photos.  Of course, Zelia being the tomboy that she is, she could care less about pictures, and Ray is quiet and doesn't care for attention being drawn to him, likely a side-effect from being ashamed of having temper issues...so she pretended to not be paying attention to them.  And this is what she got:

                                                                              ....


And this was when they realized what Tangled Fan had just done!
:P 
After our photoshoot, we headed back to the table.  Thank GOODNESS we're only feeding Zach four times a day.  Eugene and I were sooo fried from being up all hours of the day and night.  Zelia helped, and Belle and Ray as well - every once in awhile, which was very much appreciated, but it was still a loooong week.  The problem with being up with him every two hours?  He's decided that he's a momma's boy.  Anyone else is simply unacceptable.  He's never seen me, or anyone else for that matter, but he knows who's holding him.  And he knows that it is NOT momma.  Oh my gosh, the child can scream!  (This was decided and found out about three days after he was born, when Eugene went to feed him at three in the morning.) 
Anyway. 



(Random cute picture of Jordan with Pascal, just because she's cute :P)


And I also really like this picture, except for the fact that my hair is in it xD  They sat down to have a very important discussion (who got to play with Pascal after Jordan went to sleep) and Jordan was just intrigued. 


....And WE sat down for a very important discussion.  More like trying to drag wedding ideas and details out of them.  We failed.  :P 


THIS is the picture I wanted at the top of this post.  His eyes cleared up a tiiiiny, minute bit, but he's still 100% blind, and Tangled Fan said he'll stay that way forever.  Oh well - he's fine as he is....pink ribbon and all.  (Okay, so I still have a problem with the pink ribbon, but that was Tangled Fan's doing.)


2 comments:

  1. Zack, Is. ADORABLE!!! I wonder if he would let me hold him...hehe. XD

    Tell Zelia congrats! So happy for her! :D

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thank you! :D And lol (: I'll tell her! ~Rapunzel

    ReplyDelete