Thursday, August 7, 2014

Today's Events & Well, Now Belle Knows!

Today was interesting.
My already thin dress sleeve ripped...rendering my dress quite useless and causing me to run to behind the cutout, where I had to wait for Tangled Fan, who was already planning on coming to take me to my hot water soak.  Luckily, none of the girls saw that little wardrobe malfunction.  Yikes.

Anyway, when I was done with my soak, Tangled Fan had made me another dress, this time out of sturdier fabric, though she planned on repairing the other dress.  This one was a cute plaid, but the stripes only served to show my even larger tummy...and the hem has a tendency to be quite uneven.  Oh well.
I don't even want to know what I'll look like on Sunday; Tangled Fan said that my next soak will probably be my most important one because apparently, at the rate the baby is growing, the next soak will be the last time my belly will really grow--then it will just be a waiting game for the last  three weeks.
One excellent thing that happened today: Tangled Fan took an old shoebox and turned it into a couch for us.  It's amazing.
Since I started getting a bigger belly, I've appreciated chairs a lot more :D

After I came back from my soak, Eugene and the girls greeted me with their usual enthusiasm, and Audrey and Casey and I played tea party until it was time for their afternoon nap.  It was so sweet--Audrey was trying to include the baby in the party as well; continually leaning in to talk to my belly, explaining what was going on. I don't know what we'd do without those silly girls...

When they had finally settled for a nap, I plopped down on the couch, kicking my feet up and rubbing my stomach as I felt the baby somersalting inside.  Pascal crawled up to sit on my lap, so I talked quietly to him for a few minutes.  When Eugene came from behind the cutout, he promptly came over and started massaging my back.
"Ohhh.....thank you so much..." I drew in a deep, pleased breath and said. 

He chuckled.  "Didn't the soak help?"
"No...it just made me bigger and more uncomfortable!" I complained.
"I'm sorry.  Well, just think--you're at about five and a half weeks, right, with the new estimation?  Only about three and a half more weeks to go." he offered.
"I know...I'm getting really excited now.  Not too much longer, but it just seems like forever.  And my back aches soo much.  And my legs." I sighed as he stopped rubbing my back, and quickly slung my legs back off of the couch and crossed them at the ankles, offering him a spot beside me.  He grinned, and we settled for leaning up against one another and whispering endearments in between spinning plans for the future.

Until there was a quick knock on our divider.  Assuming it was Zelia, I just told her to come over.
It was Belle.
Who had yet to know about my pregnancy.
She came in, talking at about fifteen hundred miles an hour, as eloquent as ever.
"Hello!  I hope I am not disturbing you.  I have not seen you for what seems like an eternity, and I overheard Zelia talking to Ray about becoming an aunt again, so are you planning on adopting again?  Also, how have--"


She froze when I stood and she saw my additional weight in front. 
"Wh...?"
I explained everything, and she quickly ran over to hug me before she led me over to the couch, where the two of us talked about anything baby-related...as Eugene looked on with a mix of embarrassment over the topics at hand and amusement.  The baby was moving almost the entire time, but after a particularly hard kick, I put my hand over my stomach and glanced down.
"Is it moving?"
"Yep," I smiled, getting excited all over again to meet this child.
Belle's eyes lit up. "Could I...I mean...feel it?"
I quirked a brow, but quickly caught on and allowed her to put her hand gingerly across my bulging midsection.  I had to giggle when the baby kicked, because Belle jerked her hand away and stared at me in horror.
"That's what it does all the time...day and night."
She grew silent, stammering horribly for a second or two. "Wow...that's amazing and terrifying!"
I laughed. "Tell me about it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment