Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Moved...Again...and A Certain Chameleon Causing Trouble Again...UGH

So today, Tangled Fan finally moved us to the location she was planning on moving us to. 
Man.  Had I complained about moving again? 
I was so wrong.

We are now on a table.  We're permitted half of the table, and may get something as a divider someday, she said, because she plans to put other stuff on the other side. 
There's no cramped spaces, and our ceiling is the actual room's ceiling.  This place is HUGE!  We've also got the Rapunzel cutout, so Eugene's and my bed is on one side of it behind the thick piece of plastic cardboard that holds it up, and Zelia's is on the other side, so we've at least got some privacy.  The girls sleep on the other side, by the chairs.  We can leave all our furniture set up, and the girls still have TONS of room to play.  Oh, and Zelia's staying with us, if you hadn't picked that up by my mention of her bed. 


Another amazing thing?  Our side of the table is right up against the windowsill!!!  Eugene and I can step out onto the windowsill any time we want.  I am honestly so excited about this right now!  Our 'bedroom' behind the cutout is right up against the windowsill, so I have the feeling that from here on out, I'll be sitting on the window when I can't go to sleep. 
I hope Tangled Fan never moves us again...(Hah, yeah right - who am I kidding?)

But regardless.  Our day was spent getting things situated and rearranged, and keeping the girls occupied.  Casey's slowly coming out of her shell, and has recently taken the biggest shine towards Pascal.  For some reason, I didn't see her at all today with the chameleon. 

Well, once we'd finally gotten all the furniture situated and were getting the girls settled down to go to sleep, I scooped Casey up. 
"Ready to go to bed?  Or do you wanna talk a bit before bed?"  I offered, sitting away from Audrey, Jordan, Eugene, and Zelia. 
"Okay, but..where's Pascal?"  she asked, giving me an innocently worried expression. 
Oh no. 
"Pascal?  Isn't he here?"  I quickly glanced around the table.  Nope.  I stood up with her still in my arms, checking behind the cutout.  Nope.  "He hasn't been here all day?"
"Huh-uh.  Is he gone, Momma?"  she gave me a worried gaze. 
"Um...I-I don't know, honey.  I'm sorry.  We'll look for him in the morning, m'kay?" 
Her eyes filled with tears, and then she buried her face into my shoulder and cried silently.  I held her and stroked her hair, surprised that nobody noticed her.  I felt absolutely horrible.  She was just starting to slowly come out of her shell, and then this happens.  What if Pascal had been crushed during Tangled Fan's frenzy, moving us dolls around?  I couldn't even bear to think of it!  The last time he disappeared was five months ago, on his own accord, but in my opinion, this was even worse, what with the girls being so fond of him.  :( 
She cried herself to sleep soon after she started, which was just a bit after Audrey and Jordan had been put to bed.  I didn't want to put her to bed, I just wanted to hold her until she woke up and tell her that we'd find Pascal no matter what.
When I finally put her to bed and covered her up beside Audrey, Zelia went to bed herself, but Eugene came over and hugged me from behind. 
"Hey," he whispered. 
"Hey, yourself," I tried to keep the tension from my voice.  Yeah, right.  Eugene the Psychic knew something was up. 
"What's wrong?"  he asked, taking my hand and leading me back to bed. 
He sat down on the bed, watching me closely as I brushed through my hair -- I didn't even bother with my nightie. 
"Casey said that Pascal's been gone all day today.  S-she cried herself to sleep.  I just...what if he's buried under  a bunch of stuff or even crushed -- you know Tangled Fan was in a hurry today when she moved us."  I rambled on about things that could've happened; none of them good, until I was done brushing my hair.  When I'd finished, he pulled me down to sit beside him. 
"Everything will be alright, so don't worry, okay?  I'll go out in the morning to look for him.  Or I could go now, if you want-"
"No!  You're staying here.  It can wait till morning.  I suppose it's silly to worry, but I am.  I just hope for the girls' sake that we find him," I added a sigh to the end of the sentence, rubbing my eyes.   I was tired as all getout, but I was worried, and probably wouldn't sleep at all tonight...yay. 
"We'll find him, I promise," my husband reassured me, kissing my cheek before moving to lay down.  I did, too, and was just getting comfortable when a little voice caught my attention. 
"Momma?" 
I scooted to the edge of the bed to see Casey, staring worriedly up at me. 
"Can't sleep?"  I asked quietly, immediately reaching to pull her up into bed.  She straddled my stomach and stared at me tiredly, nodding.  "I'm sorry." 
"I promise we'll find him, honey.  We'll start searching tomorrow morning.  Now...I know it's hard to sleep, but you need to get some rest so you're fueled up for when Pascal comes back.  I'm sure he'll want to play," Eugene told her, and she seemed to believe him.
"Okay, Dad...good night.  Love you."  It must've just slipped out, because her face held a look of surprise.  Same with Eugene's face and mine, I'm sure. 
She tumbled off of my stomach, burrowed under the covers and curled tight up against me; burying her face in embarrassment and tiredness, but was fast asleep once more within minutes.  When I put an arm around her, I finally glanced up at Eugene, who was still staring at her in wide-eyed silence.  He caught me watching him watching her, and managed a surprised smile. 
"I can't believe she said that," he barely breathed it, and I nodded.  He turned on his side, putting an arm across her, resting his hand on the arm I'd thrown across her, and I think he was asleep soon, too. 
Oh well, I guess it's a good thing that everyone else could sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment