Thursday, March 27, 2014

Hey, Your Wedding Was Great--Wait, What?

So, today was the day!
I finally saw Elsa and Anna again. 

After the big fiasco over Pascal, Eugene and I finally took a day for ourselves, while Zelia gladly watched the girls for us.  Actually, the whole thing was her idea in the first place...but I felt bad having her babysit the girls.  When I protested, that's when she basically shooed us off of our own table and forced us to go have a day to ourselves.  Sooo we had the whole day to ourselves, and we weren't really sure what to do with it!

We were meandering around, chatting about everything and everything, when I thought I heard Elsa and Anna talking. 
"...and I'm so glad Casey's--"  Eugene was in midsentence when I heard them. 
"Shh," I put a finger to my lips, and he gave me a queer look before he tried to continue.  "No, seriously, shush...please." 
He did, giving me a look as if he was wondering if I'd finally lost my cookies. 
I saw Elsa and Anna walking towards us, but they didn't even seem to know we were there. 
At first, I was going to drag Eugene off so we wouldn't be seen, but then I remembered.  I had a little bit of ammo that I'd been waiting to use for almost one month.
I gestured towards them, and a mischievous smile lit my husband's face as he realized what I was up to. 

So we just continued walking.  As soon as Anna saw us, I saw -- and heard -- her try to persuade Elsa to go the other way, but Elsa gave us both a broad smile and dragged her sister along as she came over. 
"Hey, Rapunzel!  How're you guys?  Eugene," Elsa acknowledged him as well, and he nodded shyly.
"Hi, girls!  We're doing well.  How's married life for you two -- and where are the guys?" 
"It's been great -- Kristoff's such a gentleman," Elsa's sweet smile told me that she was still on cloud 9.  I guess I shouldn't chuckle at that, since it's been almost four months since Eugene and I got married, and we still haven't fallen from cloud 9!
"Anna?  What about you and Hans?"  Eugene asked hesitantly, since she refused to look at me.  That in itself quite frankly hurt a lot, but that's how she was anymore. 
"It's been great," she slipped a glance right beside me at my husband, and then went right back to looking at her boots. 
"That's good.  So was your wedding all you'd hoped for? I thought it was wonderful."

They both stared at me for a moment, but then Elsa's eyes lit up and she started to giggle.  She knew.  Wait.  How did she know?!
"I thought I saw you, but I wasn't sure!"  Elsa flat-out started laughing when she saw her sister's horribly confused face.  Confused and enraged. 
"Is your husband behind this?!  How did you see the wedding?  You weren't in attendance, were you?"  She continued to ramble, making idle threats.  The way she said 'your husband' made me bristle, but I tried to answer sweetly. 
"Some things are better left unknown, but no, Eugene was not entirely behind anything," I said.
"Do YOU have something to do with it?"  Anna whirled towards her sister, and she held her hands up. 
"Noo, no I don't.  Rapunzel was smart enough on her own, I'm sure." 
Wellll...Eugene had told me when and where, but I didn't want to get him into this. 
"Hey, at least I didn't think or say your wedding was stupid or horrible or something..."  I interjected.  "I don't see why it's such a big deal that I saw it.  I'm happy for all of you."
"Hmm."  Anna looked like she didn't believe me.  I wanted to ask her why she still had such a strong aversion to me, but I didn't say anything.  "You'll regret doing that.  I promise you will." 
Like I could be scared by that.  I'd gotten far worse threats from Punzie -- and my own SISTER!  When she wasn't...you know..when I didn't know she was my sister. 

We stood in awkward silence for a few minutes, but then Elsa spoke up.  "Well.  I guess I'll have to come visit you guys, and meet your kids.  I heard you're on the table?" 
"Yup!  Come anytime, we'd love to have you.  All of you!"  I added, and Anna rolled her eyes around. 
"Well, we'll see you later then.  Nice seeing you!"  Elsa called over her shoulder as Anna hauled her off. 
"Same!"  I called, and when they were out of sight, I turned to my husband.  "Well, then." 
"Did that...go well, or did it go poorly?"  Eugene asked, scratching his forehead. 
"I'm not really sure," I laughed.  "Nobody got punched, so I guess it went well!" 
He chuckled, giving me a mischievous grin.  "She really didn't know what to think, did she..."
"Nope," I said.  "I just really wish she'd stop being so...I don't know.  Defensive?  Disgusted with my presence?  But regardless.  At least Elsa's still friendly!  She still seems quite smitten with her husband." 
"Well..I'm still quite smitten with you," Eugene gave me that silly grin of his, and I couldn't help but laugh as my heart squeezed.  I told him to quit, and he chuckled, but obeyed, instead going back to talking about the Frozen bunch. 
Hmm. 
Well...I'll be excited to see if Elsa actually does come to visit, but at the same time, I'd just really like to befriend Anna all over again.  Or maybe not -- I wouldn't want to go through all this again!  Bleagh.  At least it's a good thing that nobody got injured when I told her I'd seen her entire wedding...right?  xD 

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I decided to make a random Hiccup blog.... You know, Merida of Dunbroch from Pinterest? That's me :). So... Awesome blog Rapunzel! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Cool -- I'll let Tangled Fan know, so she can go check it out! ~Rapunzel

      Delete