Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Just My Tired, Goofball Self...

There have been storms allllll week long, with more on the way.  Yikes...
Of course, you guys know how much I LOVE storms, right?
Last night was awful.  It was thundering so hard it shook the entire house, I kid you not, and the lightning was almost constant...not to mention the hail.  I was freaked out...I don't know how the girls slept through it.  I wish I had their guts!  What's wrong with this picture: adult doll, scared to death of a storm.  Three little girl dolls, sleeping calmly through the night.  Hmm.  At least I'm starting to get over the Frozen bunch's boxing up.  That wasn't very fun, either!  Basically, I've just been a bundle of sleeplessness and weird thoughts stemming FROM my sleeplessness, so bear with me.  I haven't posted anything as of recent, so sorry about that, but Eugene did for Father's day, if I can remember correctly.  So here's an awkward situation I got myself into today....also an example of how nuts I've been because of my lack of sleep.  It just happened this afternoon. 

When the girls were settled down for their daily afternoon snooze, I turned to Eugene and smiled before blurting out something I'd been thinking about all day. 
"I think it would be cool to adopt another child, what do you think?"
He froze, his eyes wide with panic.  "Uh...run that by me again?" 
I did, and he choked, sitting down.  "Well...I mean, not TODAY, but sometime soon." 
With a gulp, my husband looked over me from head to toe, returning his gaze up to my eyes.  "You're not kidding," he observed. 
"No...?" 
"Well, I guess you settled back into your role of motherhood fairly quickly, didn't you?  Don't worry--I'm happy for that."  he chuckled, reaching to take my hands into his, pulling me to stand in front of him.  "You sure it's not the lack of sleep talking?"
"Yes -- well..no.  Well...maybe."  I sighed, blushing as I realized how sudden that must have sounded.  "Sorry....that was pretty abrupt." 
He grinned.  "Well, if you're sure...we'll, um...we'll talk about it when you're rested up, and then we'll talk to Tangled Fan.  Not right away, mind, but we could." 
I  bit my lip.  "But what do YOU think?"
"I think...I don't know.  Four kids is a pretty big, busy family, but I wouldn't mind.  I just don't want to make a rash decision when we're both pretty tired...I promise we'll talk, though!"  he reassured me.  "We've hardly been back together again; I want to enjoy having my girl back a little more before we decide to adopt a fourth child, if we do."
I grinned, realizing exactly how much of an excuse that last part had been.  He DID have two good points, though.  He added that I should probably go take a nap while the girls were asleep, and I think I'll do just that. 
What do YOU guys think?  Is it my exhaustion speaking?

No comments:

Post a Comment