Friday, June 6, 2014

Save the Date (:

~Rapunzel
This morning, bright and early at seven, I was up.  Since Eugene said he'd be up at seven, I brushed my hair, smoothed my dress out (which was wrinkled from me sleeping in it), snagged Pascal, and rushed to his side of the table.  He wasn't up, or so it seemed, so I crept back to peek behind the cutout.  He wasn't there, either...maybe he was on the window?  I went behind the cutout and pulled the curtain back, looking at the windowsill. 
He wasn't there, either!
Um...
I turned around to call for him, and was met face-to-face with none other than Eugene.
Instead of being relieved, I gasped and jumped back in surprise.  My foot slipped, and I almost went off the edge of the table, and that's when he grabbed me, chuckling. 
"Sorry--I didn't think you'd be quite that surprised.  You alright?" 
"Geez, Eugene!  How did you even DO that??" I exclaimed, giving him a wide-eyed stare. 
"I heard you come in, and I was still in bed, so I slipped around to come out through the OTHER side of the cutout...and when I saw you go in to check the windowsill, I followed you.  I was going to grab your shoulders or scare you, but you turned around before I could," he said, giving me a crummy little grin. 
I shoved him.  "I promise you, if you do that again, I'll--"
"-kiss me?"  he finished my sentence. 
"Yes!"  I gave him an exasperated look.  "YOU know--Wait.  Umm, no.  I-I meant--"
He laughed.  "I was wondering how long it would take you...sorry." 
"Are you always this terrible?!" I threw my hands up in the air, but I wasn't even anywhere close to being mad at his antics. 
"Mmm...I might be slightly more obnoxious today, but that's just because I'm relieved and excited,"
I giggled.  "I'll say...ohh, what am I getting myself into?" 
With a laugh, he took my hand and twirled me around.  "I quite frankly have no idea, darling, but I think it's called love, and oh, what a lovely mess it is, indeed!"  -- Spoken with a terrible attempt at a British accent.  Or something.  I'm not really sure what you'd call that!
I laughed when he twirled me until I bumped up against him, and then he put his hands on my waist.  "Ahh, I see.  What a mess, that's for sure!" 
He gave me a surprised laugh, and I guess it was because I played along with the sudden British accent game.  "Hmm...well, Rapunzel - my love - why don't we go see about talking to the human?" 
I grinned, rolling my eyes teasingly.  "Why yes, kind sir...let's." 

We left the table to find Tangled Fan, who was just getting her laptop out, so it didn't take long. 
"Tangled Fan!"  he yelled...still in a terrible accent.  I elbowed him in the ribs, and he dropped the accent, his face turning beet red.  I guess he must've forgotten to not talk to Tangled Fan in his awful accent..?  Regardless, it was all I could do not to start laughing. 

It didn't take us long to discuss anything.  She said she would do everything and make sure we had a nice little day planned out (which, handing everything over to Tangled Fan quite frankly terrified me), and we will renew our vows on Wednesday, June 11th at 9 AM.  Not too far out, surprisingly!  I'm very excited, of course...and Eugene's just about bouncing off the walls.
When Tangled Fan left us to our own devices, he turned to me, arms spread out. 
I grinned and accepted his silent invitation, slipping in to hug him. 
"I can't wait for Wednesday," he said, nuzzling my hair a second before kissing the top of my head. 
I nodded, and then he pulled away. 
"Well...since we have the day...what do you want to do?  Dance?"  he suggested. 
I gasped.  "That would be awesome!" 
He smiled, taking my hand in his, and we went to get the MP3 and headphones.

When we turned it on, the first song to come on was 'I See the Light'.  He grinned, swept me into his arms, and we started to dance to it.  Halfway through, though, I cleared my throat. I just felt like I'd done this before. 
"Have we danced to this before?"  I asked, looking up to meet his eyes. 
He didn't miss a beat, just kept leading me around and around as he thought, scrunching his nose up.  "Um...actually...yeah, we have!  Did you remember something?" 
I smiled.  "It just felt like we had before."
"Mmhm.  It was the first song we ever danced to.  I was so horrible -- I'd never danced before--but you were so patient in teaching me-"
"Wait.  I taught you?"  I asked.  "You said you had had a great teacher..."
"Yup, and I meant it," he winked, and I blushed. 

We spent the whole day together, not doing anything in particular.  Late in the evening, when all the dolls came back from their week-long expedition, we were still on the floor.  We asked Zelia and Belle to stay back with us, and they did. 
"What?"  Zelia asked immediately. "I'm tired, I want to go back to the shelf...state your business!" 
"You guys free on Wednesday, at 9 AM?"  I asked. 
"Why?"  Zelia gave us a cross look, but a small smile lifted the corners of Belle's lips. 
"We're renewing our vows," I answered. 
She just stared at us.  Belle gasped and hurried over to hug both Eugene and I. 
"I am so happy that you will both get the happily ever after you deserve," she smiled kindly.  "It seems as though Zelia is rather tongue-tied about the matter, though!"
I glanced back up at my sister, whose lips were flubbing around uselessly, until she finally managed, "G-good grief.  I leave for a week, and LOOK what happens!  Did you tell her?" 
"She, um...found out on her own.  I just filled in things she needed to know," he cast me a loving glance. 
"When?" 
"Well...all this week, I guess,"
He apparently didn't want to talk about my dumb little meltdown, so we'd leave that out. 
"Told you you could do it," she immediately went over and punched Eugene's shoulder before going over to give me a sisterly hug.  "I'm so happy for you guys...really.  I almost feel like crying.  It's probably just from exhaustion, though."  she whispered to me as she hugged me. 
I laughed.  "Ohh, Zelia...we're polar opposites, but you're a great sis."  I patted her on the back, and she took a deep breath before standing a bit straighter. 
"So.  Wednesday at 9?" 
"Yep...this Wednesday!"  Eugene said. 
"What dress will you wear?"  Belle piped up.
"I haven't really considered it...I'll probably just wear this one," I shrugged, looking down at my normal purple dress. 
"Oh, no, no!  You can wear my dress!"  Belle smiled excitedly, grabbing a lock of my hair and holding it to her yellow skirt.  "You would look fantastic in it!" 
"Ohh, I don't know...it's really kind of you to offer, though," I said.  I didn't want to wear it because I was afraid I'd trip and ruin it or something. 
"I insist.  You would be sooo pretty!"  she started babbling on and on about...I'm not even sure what all...dresses, hair, excitement over us renewing our vows...and I gave Eugene a frantic glance a couple of times.  Zelia caught it, though, and broke in to say that she wanted to go back. 
Belle nodded, and almost stayed talking anyway, but she repeated her request before actually taking her arm and toting her off.  Belle promised we'd talk later...oh boy. 

When they left, I turned back to Eugene.  "So...hubby..."
He chuckled.  "I've missed hearing that from you." 
I grinned.  "I wish I remembered everything..."
"Yeah, but that's fine.  Don't you trust me?  I'll help you out, I promise," he moved to cup my face in his hands. 
"I trust you, I just..wish I didn't HAVE to ask you!" 
He nodded.  "It'll be tough, I'm sure...but everything will work out.  Who knows, maybe you'll remember more stuff." 
I nodded, closing my eyes and trying to concentrate for a few moments, trying to MAKE myself remember something...anything...else.  My concentration was broken when he asked what was wrong. 
"Um...nothing.  I was just trying to make myself remember something." 
He nodded.  "Well...enough of that.  Shall we go wait for the stars to come out tonight?  I bet they'll be out; it's been cloud-free so far all day." 
I grinned.  "Sure!" This guy...how did I ever even think for a second that he had used me? 

3 comments:

  1. That's amazing! I am so happy for ya. =} Wishing we could go.

    ~Anna -Elsa and ~Rap~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, girls...Day after tomorrow!! I wish you guys could come too! I'm so excited. I'm wondering when we get to see Casey, Audrey, and Jordan - hopefully very soon :D ~Rapunzel

      Delete