Thursday, November 21, 2013

Curiosity And a Long Week

Sorry I haven't been able to get to a computer as of late to blog! 
Tangled Fan's turning her room upside down. 
Moving things around, doing all sorts of stuff...and this is only in her spare time, so it's taking FOREVER. 
She moved us to the dresser, the whole way across the room, and left Eugene at his shelf. 
Long week?  YES.  It's only been four days, but oh my goodness, I didn't know I could  miss that doll so badly.  =[  And at the same time, I've been worrying that maybe, he'll realize that the peace and quiet was nice and he won't want to be around me anymore.  What if that's what he'd been trying to tell me for the past week or so? 
In other words, I was DYING to get back. 
Anna caught wind that Tangled Fan was doing this because she got Kristoff and Hans dolls, both from the movie, Frozen.  And lovelorn Anna was hoping that one of them would be her 'true love'.  She was constantly babbling about weddings and engagements and just basically anything under the sun that had to do with boyfriends.  For her sake, I hoped one of them fell in love with her!  For her sake and everyone else's...
And then Anna and Elsa had told me that we'd have to have a girls' day out the day after we got back to our normal shelf.  That's gonna be interesting.
Anyway, today, we were all given the go-ahead to go back to our shelves.  She didn't care where we went, as long as it was off of the dresser.  I think Hans and Kristoff had already come; because she's slipped into the room with a box, set something on one of the shelves, and then left (knowing Anna was so excited to meet them). 
I know I should've been polite and gone to meet the new guys, but I wanted to see MY guy!  Oh, dear, I'm starting to sound like Eugene, aren't I?  ;)
So I made a run for it with Pascal. 
I fell a couple of times, but I made a run for it.  xD
I was excited, nervous, and scared at the same time. 
Beating everyone else to the chair, I realized I didn't care if anyone saw me with Eugene.  I hurried onto the bins, and then to the deck.
I waited, knocking on the side of the shelf.  "Hey.  Your little green buddy wants to see you.  And his owner does, too..."
That worked.  Eugene was out on the deck in an instant. 
His whole face brightened, and I tackled him into a relieved and excited hug, hugging him as tightly as I possibly could.  He lifted me off of my feet, he held me so tight in return!  Neither of us wanted to let go.  Eventually, though, my feet touched the deck again and he nuzzled my hair affectionately. 
"I missed you, my sweet girl," he told me quietly. 
I felt like crying, I was so happy to be with him.  "I-I missed you, too!"  My voice cracked as I realized how much he did care about me.  I'd known he cared about me, but I hadn't known he did...this much.  And then I realized how much I cared about HIM!
He loosened his grip so he could peer down into my face.  "What's the matter?" 
"I'm just soooo happy to be back, a-and I never realized how much you cared about me, and I don't deserve it at all!" 
Pulling me close again, Eugene said, "You deserve the best, darling girl, and I can guarantee I'm not the best.  Man, I never knew I could miss--"
"--One single doll so much?"  I finished. 
"Exactly!"  He laughed. 
We stood in silence, just in each others' arms, until finally, I sighed and pulled away.  "Love you," I told him, reaching to kiss his cheek. 
He turned an adorable shade of pink, which matched the bashful smile on  his face.  "Love you too, Rapunzel." 
I grinned and sat down on the deck.  He followed suit, promptly reaching to hold my hand.  But I pulled my hand away so I could pull him into another quick hug, and he put an arm around me and held me close, stroking my hair in a tender, loving fashion. 
I smiled at him, and he asked where everyone else was at. 
"They're still heading back.  I ran." 
He laughed.  "I can believe it, sweetie.  But that means that they'll be coming up shortly, right?" 
"Mhm.  But you know what?  I don't care if they see us.  Sure, Punzie will harass me, but I don't care.  I wanna be with you."
Nuzzling my hair a moment before plopping a kiss in it, his reply was a simple, "Sounds good to me." 
I snuggled a bit closer to him.  "Soo...how was your week?" 
"Lonely, boring...full of missing you, m'lady.  And even that chameleon of yours." 
"Really?"  I laughed.  I pulled away from his arm so I could get Pascal off of my shoulder.  I set him down on Eugene's lap, and he did a happy little squeaky noise. (Pascal, not Eugene!  =D)  Eugene chuckled and scooped him up so he could put him on his own shoulder. 
"How was your week?" 
I laughed.  "Interesting.  Punzie was NOT amused, because that little chameleon kept sticking his tongue in her ear." 
He chuckled.  "Oh boy." 
I laughed, reaching to lace my fingers with his. 

We talked all day long.  When it came to be ten o' clock (I hadn't noticed the time until I'd glanced over at the alarm clock), I gasped. 
"Oh my gosh!  You probably want to go to sleep, and here I am keeping you up!"  I exclaimed, jumping up from my spot beside him on the deck. 
He stood as well.  "You don't HAVE to go if you don't want to.  I'm not tired -- I could talk for a good long while yet." 
Surprised, I gave him a broad smile.  "Really?" 
"Mhm," he pulled me close into  a one-armed hug.  "I missed ya, and I've been thoroughly enjoying my time with you today, sweetheart." 
My smile couldn't get any broader, nor my heart any more full.  "Me too."  I hugged him back.  "I don't think I deserve to even know you though; you're so sweet!" 
He chuckled.  "Noo...I don't think I deserve YOU, though, because you deserve so much more." 
"I don't think-"  I started to contradict.
"I do."  He said firmly, and I laughed.
"Okay."  I stretched my back before I sat back down.  He followed suit; and then he took Pascal off of his shoulder, giving me a gentle stare.
"Hmm....I'm with my favorite girl, and my favorite chameleon.  Don't think life could get any better." 
I did.  If we were married, it'd be amazing.  But I didn't see that coming in the near future; a girl could always hope though.  Right?  But who could put up with a girl like me...forever?   It'd take someone awful special to put up with me. 
I gave him a kiss on the cheek and curled up as close to his side as I could get.  He gave a content sigh and put an arm loosely around me. 
"So, precious dear, would you like to finally do what I've been talking about since the fourteenth or the fifteenth?  Tomorrow?" 
"Oohhh...yes, definitely!  It'll have to be in the afternoon, though -- Anna and Elsa want me to go on a girls' day out with them tomorrow.  Which, I'm not sure how it'll go or if we're even having it.  I think Kristoff and Hans came today, and Anna's been obsessing all week about them.  It'll only get worse now that she's met them...and yeah, I shoulda gone up to introduce myself to them, but I wanted to see you." 
He chuckled.  "Oh, the poor lovelorn girl.  For her sake-"
"-I hope one of the two marries her?"  I finished for him.
"Exactly."  He laughed.  "Maybe you two could even end up doing a double wedding." 
"O-oh?"  I asked, suddenly looking up to give him a surprised and curious stare. 
He chuckled and kissed my forehead. 
Well, if that won't make a girl wonder!  Was he hinting at what was going to happen tomorrow?  Or was he just suggesting that one of the new guys would like me?  Maybe he didn't love me in the way I loved him -- you know..like, you can love someone in a family-like way, like you feel like they're your brother or sister or something, and then you can love someone as a possible spouse!  If you get what I mean? 
Rrrgh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment