Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nov. 16 & today, 2013

Well...Eugene's mysterious plans never rolled into action. 
I woke up sick.
Anna woke up sick as well. 
Elsa was somehow unaffected. 
At eight, Eugene came up.  I didn't want him to catch this cold, so I hadn't gone down to drop Pascal off...apparently, he'd been greatly concerned about me...poor guy :( 
Anyway...I woke up and my nose was stuffed, my throat incredibly sore, and my voice sufficiently faint.  Anna was the same way. 
Punzie, as soon as she realized we were sick, made sure to harass. 
"Oh, poor dears.  Maybe if you hadn't have been acting like kids yesterday and not gone out to play in the snow, you wouldn't be sick.  You dorks," she laughed, but Zelia shot her a horrified expression. 
I heard her say - quite loudly, if she was worried about being heard - "Knock it off!  They're sick, and that was uncalled for!" 
And then she flashed me an unreadable expression.  Her eyes  were filled with...sadness?  Longing?
What? 
As soon as I met her eyes and opened my mouth to ask what was wrong --I may not like her, but I can still be concerned about her--, she darted her eyes away and turned away from me. 
Well, that's confusing. 

And then Eugene came bursting up onto the shelf. 
His face held pure fear, and so I stood, making sure Pascal stayed under my blanket.  Or at least, I tried to stand.  I was shaky on my feet, so I stumbled a step. 
"What's wrong?" I asked, instantly worried. 
Relief washed over his features, and he suddenly became aware of his audience. 
"I was just, um...a little worried, cause you didn't come down earlier.  Are you okay?"  He said quietly, but his eyes spoke volumes.  He hadn't been just a mite concerned.  Poor guy =\
I sighed.  "Sorry.  But go back -- Anna and I are sick and I don't want you getting this, okay, bud?" 
He glanced towards Zelia and Punzie, but then he strode across the shelf towards me.  Everyone stared at him.
I hissed his name, but he stopped in front of me.  "Eh.  Germs don't bother me," he told me before he slowwwly walked closer, then went to go past me to sit by the wall of the shelf.  As he went past me, he whispered, "And I want to see you." 
I went to sit with him, but I immediately whispered hoarsely, "You do realize we have an audience, right?" 
"Mhm," he told me, reaching to kiss my hair.  I leaned away.
"Noo, no no no.  You'll get sooo sick, and I don't want you to get this!" 
"Ehh.  Like I said -- germs don't bother me." 
"They might," I grumbled, and he chuckled.  "But um...do you want to go do whatever it was you wanted to go do today?" 
He shook his head.  "No, you need to chill out today.  We can do it tomorrow if you're feeling better; or whenever." 
"Oh, but-" I broke off to cough into my elbow. 
"Exactly, sweetie."  He whispered, and I rolled my eyes. 

Despite my occassional grouchiness (I was achy all over, I was feverish, and my throat felt horrible), Eugene stayed with me allllll day long.  Punzie tried to annoy him a couple of times, but he refused to leave me.  Zelia kept uncharacteristically quiet, and I wondered why. 
Elsa tended to her sister, Anna, most of the day, I kept Pascal hidden, and Piper and Emma stayed far away from us.
I must admit, I don't deserve to even know Eugene.  He's such a sweetie..and I felt bad that he stayed with me.  He'll for sure get sick :( 


Nov. 17th, (today :D) Anna and I both were feeling a lot better.  It musta been a flu-like ailment; not sure.  I'm just glad it's over with!  I headed down to drop Pascal off at Eugene's, and to see him. 
I knocked quietly on the side of the shelf before I entered, not waiting for an invite, for once. 
He was still asleep. 
I froze in my tracks, trying to be quiet, and then turned to leave. 
"Wait -- I'm up." 
Right before I stepped back out onto the deck, Eugene said it....hoarsely.
I backtracked and turned back to look at him.  He was sitting up, but he looked pretty sick. 
"No, lay back down.  You sat up too fast, didn't ya..." I hurried over and knelt beside him.
"Mmhmm..." he turned away to cough and clear his throat. 
"And you're sick, too." 
"Mmmhmm," he said, finally starting to look a little less pale.
I sighed, feeling horrible.  "I'm sorry, hon."
"It's fine.  How're you feeling?" 
"Better...so maybe you'll be well tomorrow!"  I said. 
He started to stand.  "W-well, you still wanna go for a walk or someth-"
"Ahaha, no, you sit back down.  We can go when you're feeling better." 
"But I was going to--" he broke off, his face growing red.  He sat back down beside me. 
"You were going to what?" 
"Nothing."  He sighed.  "Um, so why don't you go back to your shelf and get some rest?" 
I shook my head.  "Not unless you don't want me around.  You sat with me all day yesterday, so it's only fair that I do the same for you." 
"But you don't have to-"
"But I want to...so try and make me leave."  I leaned over to whisper, adding a kiss on the jaw so he knew I was only mock-threatening on that last part. 
He instantly grinned despite himself, not even pretending to be exasperated.  "Hmm, well, whatever you want, dearest girl." 
I gave him a quick hug before settling down beside him.  "If you're cold or want to be left alone, let me know, okay?  And try to get plenty of naps." He nodded, so I continued to add what I'd wanted to say all day yesterday.  "And....I just wanted to say thanks.  Thanks for sitting up there with me all day yesterday..you knew you'd get sick, but you were selfless enough to do it for me anyway.  I don't deserve to be around a guy as sweet as you." 
Eugene promptly took my hand and laced his fingers with mine, even though he was a little shaky.  "Oh, you're welcome, sweet girl.  I don't deserve to even know you --yet, here we are.  And anyway, I think Anna was probably the one who got me sick.  Did you see that time when she sneezed-"
I remembered the one time yesterday that Anna HAD indeed sneezed; not covering her hand, and-yeah, it was gross, so I won't elaborate.  I giggled, giving him a gentle shove.  "You're bad!  But yes, that was nasty."
After that, we were quiet for a good long while.  Eventually, his hand loosened and his head drooped down.  I peeked down into his face and saw he was sleeping.  I put a hand on his other hand, and realized how cold it was, so I got up to go retrieve my own blanket for him.  Working quickly, I hurried up to my shelf and snagged my blanket. 
Anna was still up.  "Hey, what's up?" 
"Eugene's sick...I'm just going to grab my blanket and head back down." 
"I see...well, tell him I hope he's better soon.  Ahh...I can only hope to someday share a love with someone like what you and Eugene have." 
I laughed.  "He's not completely and utterly madly in love with me...I don't think.  He hides it very well if he is.  Which, he isn't.  I'm pretty sure, anyway." 
"Ohhh,  I've seen the look in your eye when you talk about him, and the look on his face when he's around you.  And, your face is red."  Anna giggled, but then coughed. 
I shook my head.  "Hmmh....well, I need to get down there before he wakes up again.  I'll see you!" 
She nodded.  "See ya." 
I hurried back down to his shelf, settled the blanket over him, gently so I didn't wake him.  Then, I just sat on the chair and waited for him to wake up.  I got a good bit of blogging done, if all else fails!

I spent all day with him - just as he'd done for me yesterday.  He was much more appreciative of it; though, and must've been feeling a bit better by evening, because he was back to his silly, teasing self. 
When I went to leave, he stood (even though he was still pretty shaky) and pulled me into a hug. 
"Thanks for hanging around today," he told me. 
"Oh, anytime.  Thank YOU for doing the same for me!"  I laughed.  "Feeling a bit better?" 
"Yeah," he told me, and I gave him another quick hug.  "So....do you wanna go do the thing I wanted to do yesterday, tomorrow?" 
I laughed.  "Sure.  I'll see you in the morning!" 
He grinned.  "See you!" 
I pulled away and headed for the deck, forgetting completely about my blanket. 
As I balanced on the alarm clock to crawl up to my shelf with Pascal, I heard a "Wait up", moments before my wadded-up blanket came flying out, hitting me in the back and rearend.
I jumped in surprised and almost fell off of the alarm clock.  Gasping, I snagged the blanket and stepped off of the clock simultaneously.  I even surprised myself!  =D
"Sorry!"  Eugene  called.   "And that was NOT where I was aiming-"
I laughed, feeling like teasing him.  Pretending to be mad, I took a couple steps towards him, until I was right in his face.  "Mhm, yeah, sure." 
He put on a terrified face.  "Oh, no...please spare me from your terrifying wrath, Rapunzel!" 
I lost my faux-angry composure and giggled, standing up on tiptoe to kiss his cheek and whisper an "I love you."  He pulled me close one more time. 
"Love you too, my dear girl.  Can't wait for tomorrow!" 
I grinned.  "Me neither." 

No comments:

Post a Comment