Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nov. 14, 2013 (:

Today (11-14-13....we're back to the present now =D ), Anna, Elsa, and I finally convinced Tangled Fan to let us go outside.  It had snowed on the 12th, but she'd been busy yesterday...so we got our way today!!  Anna had a second set of clothes that was nearly identical to hers, so she let me wear them...which was nice, because my other dresses are summery and definitely NOT fit for winter.  I braided my hair and bundled a bit of it up so it wouldn't drag in the snow.  Very messy, but effective.  Maybe.
I tried to convince Euegne to come along, but he said that he'd hang back.  I'll get him out in the snow sometime!
But regardless. 
Elsa was sooo totally in her element.  We were only allowed on the top of the grill and the railing on the deck; because Tangled Fan said we might get dirty or trampled on the deck. 
As soon as she set us down on the grill and left, Elsa twirled around. 
"This is awesome!"  She exclaimed. 
 
Anna and I grinned at her, and then a gust of wind hit me.  
I moved a step closer to Anna. 
"It's chilly, isn't it??" 
"Yeah - but it'll be okay.  It can't snow and be warm out!" 
I laughed.  "I guess not," I said, wrapping my arms around myself. 
Anna put a hand on my back and then leaned over to whisper in my ear.  "I'd keep an eye out for Elsa.  She might go a little crazy and start throwing snow at us...."
I giggled, watching Elsa as she kicked snow around giddily. 


Forgetting my  cold hands, I walked a few steps and stared at the snow.  It was soo  pretty!!
Pretty soon, Anna, Elsa, and I were running back and forth, giggling and playing like little schoolgirls.  I was thinking that I hadn't even tripped once when...

I fell. 
In the snow. 
In the cold, wet snow.

Surprised, my arms flailed out until I hit the pillow-like snow. 
Anna and Elsa both turned to me to see what had happened. 
I flopped my arm across my face, giggling. 
"Yay me," I laughed.  "Help?  Please?" 
Anna grabbed one arm, and Elsa the other, and they hauled me upright.  A little snow skittered down my neck, and I shivered as I thanked them. 
I took a step away from the two of them, and didn't realize that the edge was RIGHT THERE. 
I skidded down, scrambling to try to get up. 
With a gasp, Anna grabbed my hand just in time and hauled me upright.  Again. 
"Thanks..." I giggled.  "Oh my...Don't mind little awkward me.." I said, looking at my snow-covered self.  Snow had gone up my sleeves, down in my boots, in my hair, and even caked onto my LEGS. Brrrr! 
I shook like a dog, and Anna jumped away. 
"Oh, thanks for that, Rapunzel!"  She giggled.  "Now I'm going to have to retaliate." 
She scooped to pick up a handful of snow, forming it into a snowball. 
"Not if I do first!"  I giggled gleefully.  I scooped up a handful of snow, shielding my face so I wouldn't get hit in the face. 



We threw the snowballs...both of us missed.  Anna came close, but I ducked out of the way just in time...heehee!!
The next snowball I threw, I accidentally hit Elsa, who was standing behind Anna --planning on stuffing snow down her shirt collar.  She gasped, but then a big grin spread across her face. 
Anna, too busy to notice her sister, screamed as soon as Elsa jammed her icy-cold handful of snow down her back.  She whirled, grabbed up a handful of snow, and whipped it at her sister. 
Laughing, she backed up, wiping her face.  While I had the opportunity, I threw a snowball at the back of Anna's head. 
She whirled back towards me and threw another snowball. 
We went back and forth a few times, but then I caught a glance of Elsa over Anna's shoulder.
She had a HUGE snowball (okay, huge for us) in her hands, a sneaky grin  on her face. 
"Um, NO!"  I giggled, ducking down. 

Anna wasn't so lucky. She got it square in the back of the head. 

We continued the snowball fight for I don't know how long. 
It was soo much fun, though! 
When we came back inside, though, I couldn't feel any part of my little plastic self, I was laughing, and I was freezing. 
Tangled Fan ushered us back to her warm bedroom, and then left us on the chair. 
We hopped over to the deck, and Eugene immediately noticed us. 
"Hello, girls," he called politely to the three of us.  We all turned to look, and he came out onto the deck as well.  He flashed me a quick, yet welcoming, grin.  "Cold out there?" 
"Mmhm!"  I said.  
Anna and Elsa agreed, but then they left for the shelf above and to the right. 
Thinking of a good prank to pull on him, I gave him a smile. "Hold my hands!"
Bewildered at my straightforwardness, he gave me a surprised look; but he fell for it; reaching for both of my freezing-cold hands. 
As soon as he touched them, he jerked his hands away. 
"Good grief, you're frozen!" 
I laughed.  "I can't believe you fell for that!" 
"You..." he pretended to be exasperated, but then while I was still giggling, he reached over and pulled me into  a hug.  "But I'm glad to see you....annnd I think I just stuck my hand in some un-melted snow that was stuck to your cape.  Sweet." 
I laughed even harder.  "Sorry!"
"Ehh, that's fine.  Little bit of snow never hurt anyone." 
"Yes.  And you're coming with me next time we go out to mess around in the snow.  It's sooo much fun!"  I told him. 

"Is it, now?"  He asked with a smile.  "Sorry I didn't go!" 
"That's fine.  We'll just have to make plans to go out again!  If Tangled Fan lets us --that'll be the kicker." 
He nodded.  "She probably will.  Nobody got dirty or fell or anything, so she'll likely give you another opportunity." 
"Yeah," I agreed. 
"And why don't you take your duds off and stay awhile?  I missed my girl today." 
I giggled.  "Your girl, hmm?" 
He blushed and ducked his head, and I laughed, pulling away from him to pull my hat off and get my hair out of its' outrageously un-pretty bundle. 
The second I was done --the hat still hadn't left my hand, but I let it slip onto the deck-- Eugene pulled me close again. 
I put a hand on his shoulder and smiled  coyly.  "Well, I guess I missed you too, today," I admitted, blushing.  I had, even though I'd had a lot of fun.

He chuckled. "Well...why don't you come in? Pascal's on the wicker chair...sleeping...he stole it from me." 
 I didn't take my cape off (I was still sooo cold), but I followed him into his shelf. I bent and peered down at adorable Pascal, who appeared to be having a very good snooze.
I grinned. "Look how adorable he is!" I added with a squeak.
He chuckled at my affection for my reptile, but he came over to look as well. "He does like that chair."
I smiled and turned back to him.  He sat down on the floor and patted the floor beside him. 
I plopped down as well, and he grinned at me. 
"Sooo...what did you do today?"  I asked, looking around at his shelf. 
"Oh, thinking about something important...talked to Tangled Fan...about you," he said casually. 
Curious, I looked back at him.  "Oh really?  About what?" 
"Important things," he laughed, his face turning absolutely beet red.
"Hmm," I said, and he chuckled, giving me that sweet grin of his.  "I'll let it slide this time." 
"Thank you, your highness; I was so concerned that I would be-ow!"  He broke off as I gave his arm a playful swat. 
"That did not hurt," I reprimanded him, and he laughed again, tickling me in retaliation.  "Hey!" 
He laughed and then reached for my hand, lacing his fingers with mine. 
"So....Would you be interested in doing something tomorrow evening?" 
"Evening?  It'd be dark!"  I wrinkled my nose. 
"But if...ah..well, yeah.  Okay...just sometime tomorrow!"  He chuckled, his face turning red yet again. 
"You don't have to get all red about it," I winked and rested my head on his shoulder.  "I'd love to." 

No comments:

Post a Comment