Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Game Day and Another Threat

This morning, I woke to another threat-riddled email, right when I was finally starting to calm down from the last time.  This one was so vulgar that I won't even say a single bit of what he told me.  Eugene just happened to be reading over my shoulder at the time, planning to watch me blog, and he was beyond furious.
I'd never seen my husband so mad, and I'd never seen a man so eloquently tell off another man via electronic mail. 
"I am getting pretty tired of you threatening my wife.  I don't think you understand how much you could affect someone with your threats, but she's stronger than both of us.  She's gone through so much, and is the strongest individual I have ever met; yet she's still the kindest and gentlest doll I know...and you are not going to break her.  I suggest you quit; as this is a petty, childish waste of your time.  Instead of harassing someone you never cared for to begin with, why don't you spend the time it takes to type these messages with your wife?  I am sure she would appreciate it.  Sincerely, Eugene.
He slammed his finger aggressively down on the 'send' button on the iPod...I couldn't help but giggle at the differences between his polite message and his behavior. 
"Thank you..." I told him, easing the iPod away from him before he could break it.  Next, I poked around Tangled Fan's blogger.  Unfortunately, I couldn't change the email account without her knowing, so I just blocked him from being able to send any more emails to that account.
After that, I didn't feel much like blogging, so I just tossed the iPod aside...or at least, I tried to keep it on the bed.  I tossed it a bit hard, and it clattered off the bed and onto the table below with a thud.  I grimaced and glanced at Eugene, who had his shoulders shrugged up to his ears, waiting for the loud thud to wake up one of the kiddos. 
When nobody woke up, I sighed in relief...at the same time my husband did.
"I'm surprised that nobody got up after that," I laughed quietly. 
"Yeah," he nodded.  "Umm...so you're not going to be upset about it, are you?  His message?" 
I started to shake my head, but I paused.  "I'm still really unsettled because he found my blog, but I'll get over it." 
He nodded.  "Understandable.  Just don't hold it all in, okay?" 
"I won-" I started to tell him I wouldn't, but then Zelia poked her head around to look at us.
"What was that big thud I heard a couple of minutes ago?"  Her hair was a MESS, and she was squinting at us, almost as if she could hardly get her eyes peeled open. 
"I tried to set the iPod aside, but I ended up shoving it off the bed.  Sorry!"  I said quietly.
"And how're you holding up?  Eugene said you got a nasty email the other day.  What was that all about?" 
I glanced towards my husband, and he gave me a puzzled look.  "I never told her about my 'backstory'," 
"Ahhhh," he nodded. "Well, um...I think you two need some sister time, so I'll just leave you two back here, m'kay?" 
"Okay," I nodded, and he gave my cheek a quick kiss before leaving -- giving Zelia a wide berth.  She teasingly feinted a punch towards his gut, and he completely ignored her, even though I saw the mischievous look in his eye.  He knew that ignoring her antics would be even better than doing something in return. 
When he left, she stared at me.  "Your husband's weird." 
"No, he isn't -- he just knows what will drive you mad, and that's ignoring you," I said, "so now...sit." 
She rolled her eyes, but she came and sat on the edge of the bed, beside me.  "Spill it." 
I spilled it.  Every detail - I hadn't told anyone about my past except for my hubby, so I revisited a lot of memories I never wanted to encounter again.  I still couldn't believe how naive I'd been! 

When I was done, she stared with her mouth almost totally agape.  The first words out of her mouth?  "Can I email said Flynn?" 
"No."  I laughed. 
"Oh, but I want to defend my sister!"
"Eugene already took care of it - quite eloquently, I might add.  He could out-insult you, trust me -- Flynn could, rather,"
"Well, I'd like to find that out myself.  Nobody's allowed to mess with my sister - only I can insult you!" 
I giggled.  "Yeah, I kinda got that,"
She grinned before impulsively reaching over to hug me.  "Thanks for telling me, sis.  I know your husband's probably already told you this, but if you need someone to talk to, I'm all ears." 
"Thanks," I said, standing up.  She left, and I started getting ready for the day. 

As soon as I came out, my hair brushed and braided, my dress on, Casey came hurrying over. 
"Morning, Mom," she grinned up at me, and my heart melted.  I picked her up and kissed her cheek; and then I realized that if I just got myself focused on my kiddos, I wouldn't think nearly as much about his emails and threats.  So I announced a game day!  We played whatever games the girls wanted, and I think even Jordan enjoyed it.  Pascal surely enjoyed the peace he got when the girls were occupied with us and not him... They played themselves out by about three, and all three of them eventually went to sleep.  I had just tucked Jordan into her bed and had planned to go look out the window for awhile -- it was raining, and I thought I'd watch the rain come down for a bit...just me being weird, I guess...anyone else do that? -- but when I walked past Eugene, who was on the wicker chair, he snagged my arm. 
"Hey...what're you up to?" 
"I was going to go watch the rain for awhile," I mumbled, a bit embarrassed to tell him.  He started to ask me to sit with him, but when he heard Zelia making gagging noises from nearby - she was brushing her hair -, he stood up and went with me to the windowsill.  I was surprised that he didn't do anything just to annoy my sister...you know how they are.
"How're you holding up?"  he asked, giving me a bit of a concerned expression. 
"Actually...pretty great.  I haven't had time to think about anything today, except for the girls.  Tonight will be the tough part, because once I slow down, I'm sure I'll start thinking and over thinking." 
Eugene nodded, slipping an arm around my waist.  "Yeah...well, like I told you earlier, don't be afraid to talk to me, okay?" 
"Mhmm," I nodded, "thanks for being here for me." 
"That's what I'm here for, I'll always have your back.  So, umm...you think the girls are enjoying today?"
"Oh, definitely," I grinned.  "We should make this a weekly thing or something...have an entire day of different games and such to do with the girls." 
"Sounds like a plan to me," he grinned. 

So....I'll leave you with that.  We'll see...hopefully, we'll be able to keep coming up with different games for this weekly game day xD  And another thing...hopefully Flynn won't make a whole new email address just to annoy me.  In that case, I think I'll...I don't even KNOW!  Ugh. 


2 comments:

  1. I think you should let Zelia email him! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I might just let her, if he doesn't stop! I haven't gotten any emails from any new email addresses yet today, so hopefully he's given up ~Rapunzel

      Delete