Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Quick update: the girls, Anna, and Rapunzel

It's been two weeks today since Rapunzel's fall,  but it feels like it's been an eternity.  It seems like the more Rapunzel and I are together, the more she thinks about Flynn, and that means that she gets upset quickly.  I hate to think that she went through this twice, and the first time completely alone.  I talked with Zelia, and she said that she's been trying to do better with handling her sister's emotional state.
Zelia and I both went to see the girls yesterday,  and they're doing well.  They were more than ecstatic about seeing their aunt, and I was more than ecstatic about seeing them!  Casey's got this idea that the whole situation is 'quite tragically romantic'...they also told me that Tangled Fan's either taken pity on them or taken a shining to them, and has been giving them the royal treatment, even reading to them on occasion.  That's probably how Casey's developed such a vocabulary!  Audrey, however, is less than amused with the 'tragically romantic' situation, and a fight almost broke out between the two of them when Casey stated it.  She was also a bit mad because I wasn't able to take them home yet, but she soon dropped her attitude when Zelia asked them to play a game with her. Jordan's pretty indifferent on the matter, but she was all smiles and sweet little giggles the whole time we were there. 

In other news...
I also had another talk with Anna. 
Rapunzel said that Anna had gone from avoiding her to being almost as mean as Punzie, despite Elsa's warnings to leave Rapunzel be.  Soo I got Zelia to bring her below the table so we could talk --- the three of us. 
She explained, after a while, that she felt horrible for what she had done, and therefore was tired of being around Rapunzel  all the time; a constant reminder of her stupid mistake. 
I almost spouted off at her, but I calmly answered, "Well, it's kind of what you get.  You weren't even very close with her anymore -- try being her sister or her husband.  It's worse, trust me.  Not to mention what the kids have to go through." 
Zelia handled the insulting.  "Yeah, try actually caring about her!  Funny how spitefulness has consequences, huh?  You don't know the half of it!" 
"But can't you take her and keep her over at your shelf?  You and Zelia and her..."
"No.  She wouldn't handle that well, do you think?  Plus, we want to keep things as similar as her past, in case something triggers a memory."
"I don't know how she handles change," Zelia shrugged, but then her eyes hardened as she stared at Anna. 
"Just try to be less....like..."  I struggled to find the right word.
"Less moronic?  Less self-obsessed?  Ooh, how 'bout less like yourself?"  Zelia never lost eye contact. 
"Zelia!"  I gasped.  Sure, Anna was being a tad...I don't know...but she didn't need to say all that! "See, this is why people walk all over you, Eugene.  D'you see anyone crossing me?" 
Touche. 
Anna gulped, and I saw her slowly lose the put-upon expression that had been on her face. 
"You're right.  I'll try to be a little less noticeable in my attempts to say away."
Being her friend would be what we were looking for, like you were before...not avoiding her...but whatever.  Some people just can't be convinced.  Zelia was about to let her have it again, but I convinced her to drop it. 




So that's what's been going on -- Rapunzel and I have been going for walks every day, and we read some of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian  over Sunday and Monday, so that's what we'll be doing again tomorrow.  I'm also hoping to see the girls more often, but that's kind of up to Tangled Fan's schedule at this rate.  And if anyone wonders how Pascal's been : he's doing great, of course...Rapunzel gave me the spiel about him being a good judge in character yesterday, so that's...promising...right...?

No comments:

Post a Comment