Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Just Chilled Out Today and Watched Frozen... Plus, a Thanks to All of You!

Hey guys!  1000 pageviews and 2 followers?  Wow! You guys are fantastic!!  Thank you so, so much, guys.  [=
So this morning, I found out a downside to having a bedroom right beside the window: when the wind blows, it's COLD!
I woke up around seven, freezing cold despite the blankets being up to my chin.  Eugene was asleep, but when I got up to go make sure the girls were warm enough, he got up as well.  Thankfully, the girls were all fast asleep and nice and warm.  When I came back to bed, Eugene was up. 
"You cold?"  he whispered, sitting up. 
"Mhm...the girls are warm, though," I sat down beside him, and he promptly wrapped his arms around me.  "I didn't wake you, did I?"
"I was half-awake to begin with," he told me, adding a kiss in my hair.  "I guess we've found a downside to the room beside the window?" 
"You got that right," I said, pulling away so I could burrow under the blankets again.  He did so, too, and made sure to pull me close once more.  "So...what's on the agenda for today?" 
"I think we should just chill out...maybe we'll see if Tangled Fan will let us watch Frozen with the girls?"  he suggested. 
I giggled quietly, burying my face into his shoulder.  "I think at least we're already chilling out...but yes, that sounds like an excellent idea." 
He groaned at that crack, but then we both fell silent till the girls woke up. 

When they got up, Zelia and I kept track of the kiddos while Eugene went to ask Tangled Fan about Frozen, and the girls were beyond hyper...until Elsa stopped by! 
We weren't expecting her, but it was still awesome to see her. 
Audrey and Casey's racing back and forth came to a screeching halt when they saw Elsa, and Casey even ran and hid behind me.  I bent to scoop her up in one arm, since Jordan was already in my other arm, and then I was finally able to greet her with a smile and a hello.  Audrey hesitantly wandered over, but then gave her a bright smile before scampering off. 
"Do you have a couple of minutes to chat?  Sorry, it's kinda random of me to drop by," Elsa raised a brow as she asked me. 
"Oh, yeah, sure!  It's nice to see you!  What's up?"  I rested my cheek up against Casey's head and watched her, wondering what was up.
"Ugh.  Anna's back on the warpath; I don't really know why, but she is--can I hold the baby?" 
"Jordan...this is Casey, and that was Audrey," I nodded with my head, and she laughed. 
"It looks like you've got your hands full," she said as she carefully took Jordan out of my arms. 
"Yep...Zelia's a big help, though, and Eugene's normally here as well, but he went to go do something," I grinned as I shifted Casey in my arms. 
"Hmm...I can't wait till we can adopt.  We're not quite ready yet, of course, but I hope we'll be able to, soon!"  Elsa was totally entranced by Jordan that she didn't even look up to answer me. 
"I hope so, too.  You'll be great parents, I'm sure!" I told her.  "So, what's Anna doing?  I think she's always on the warpath, but that might just be me." 
She laughed.  "I'm not sure why she is, but she just keeps being a jerk.  Making snobby comments, just being..Anna.  I wish she'd knock it off!"
"Yeah..." I sighed.  "If you ever need to get away from her, just come on over.  Don't be afraid to, our proverbial door is always open." 
She gave me a smile.  "Thanks..." she trailed off as we saw Eugene come up on to the table.  "I guess I'll go -- I'll see you guys some other time!"  She carefully handed Jordan back to me, and with that, she was gone. 
"Elsa?"  Eugene asked, taking Casey from me. 
"Yeah...Anna's giving her troubles again, I guess," I groaned.  "But regardless...did you find Tangled Fan?" 
"Yup!  She's bringing the movie and the laptop back in a few minutes."  he said. 
And that's basically how we spent our day -- we just chilled out with the girls and watched Frozen.  It's a pretty good movie!!

I just love days like this, when we don't really have much to do except enjoy each other's company.  It really makes you slow down and appreciate what you have.  I know even though I've had plenty of trials, I'm sooo blessed to have a sister and a husband who care very much about me, and three precious little girls!  And any hardships I've gone through makes me even more thankful for all of them! And of course, I'm thankful for all of you guys on here :D

No comments:

Post a Comment