Friday, May 16, 2014

It's Rapunzel

Hello, everyone!  I'm....Rapunzel.  Eugene said I didn't need to worry about backstory or anything, so I guess I won't - he said you guys know about me.  I'm pretty sure he warned you guys that he's letting me use his blog, but don't worry -- we're sharing it, so you'll hear from him, too (:  I'm actually really excited to share it with him...but then again, I guess I get excited over anything that has to do with maybe getting to spend time with him.  He's such a nice guy, and I'm so thankful that he let me use this blog to write...but anyway.  I'm sure you guys don't want my half of the posts to be full of gushy dreams of sharing a life with him -- which will never, ever happen, I'm quite sure.  Oh my goodness, if Zelia could read this...yeesh.  She's not much of one for romance or emotions...and since I AM, it gets kinda awkward, as you all can imagine :} 

Anyway.  Here I am rambling... today, Eugene was gone for the majority of the morning and early afternoon, as was Zelia.  Sooo, I was stuck on my side of the table with basically all the dolls that are not too fond of me.  Fun, fun...right?? 
Punzie was sure to lay it on thick.  "No wonder they have to take long breaks from you sometimes.  I don't know how they can stand you, 'specially Zelia.  I always knew Eugene was weird, but her...and you...whew." 
"It's because she's my sister, and she HAS to put up with me," I reminded her.  I didn't look up at her, I just kept my gaze down in my lap, where my buddy, Pascal, was sleeping. 
"Yeah, but he doesn't.  It's kind of cute, actually.  Or at least...it would be.  The two freaks--"
"Punzie, stop.  Please.  I'm asking nicely, so please...just stop."  I stood up,  went over to the nearest corner, and sat down.  Anna was sitting there, and I was hoping maybe she would at least socialize with me, but she didn't.  She just gave me a horrified look before jumping up and leaving.  Way to make a doll feel better....
"Good choice, Anna," Punzie gave her a sly grin, and Anna told her to shut up.  "Hey, now...who's the boss of this table?" 
"It shouldn't be you," Anna grumbled.  Hans stood and touched Anna's arm and started to ask her to simmer down, but she cut him off. 
"Ohh, you know what happens to--" Punzie tried to taunt her.
"WOULD EVERYONE JUST STOP IT??"  Elsa yelled. 
I'm amazed she could even yell that loudly..she's normally very quiet.
Everyone listened to her, even Punzie.  Whoa.
After that, everyone quieted down, and everyone left me alone.  I couldn't help but notice how everyone gave me a wide berth. 
Eh...usual day here.  Usual day for me anywhere...

I eventually gathered Pascal up and left for the windowsill.  When  I was down on the floor, walking to the windowsill --yeah, I could have gone through Eugene's side of the table, but I felt weird doing so, so I just went across the floor.  When I got up there on the sill (and after I almost fell, because my hand slipped when I was trying to climb up there..), I just sat quietly with Pascal, staring out the window and thinking. 
That's another thing...I think a lot.  Probably too much.  Sometimes, I even prefer to be alone when I think about more pressing matters --which isn't too hard of a thing to do.  That's why I, if Eugene told you guys, requested he not come around for two weeks, because I had an overabundance of pressing matters to think about.  Mostly about Flynn, unfortunately.  Well, of course...it only lasted two days.  Not that I minded....it's silly, but I had missed him.  Eugene, not Flynn.  And in that frame of time, I was able to finally get myself to just quit obsessing over Flynn and wondering if things had been different if I had been different.  If that makes sense...?  And then when Eugene was so caring and even stayed with me through the night when I was scared over the storms (another reason why I'm weird...and just to clarify, small storms don't bother me, but the ones that have lots of wind, or lots of lightning and thunder loud enough to rattle the windows...those ones get me upset faster than anything else.)  anyway, he was so nice to me, and didn't say I was stupid for being afraid...at that point, I decided that I could trust him.  Man....after I forgot about Flynn, at least half of the weight of the world was no longer on my shoulders--the rest is from certain other individuals making fun and constantly harassing me...*cough PUNZIE cough*.  But anyway....today's thoughts were focused on exactly that...my invisible qualities. 
Either I'm invisible and nobody even seems to notice me, or I'm way too visible and everyone decides to harass, make fun, laugh at my clumsiness...you get it. 
I was in the middle of drowning in my own thoughts when I heard a boot scuff. 
"Hey, you,"
Eugene!
I shot upright, surprised to see him standing just about a foot away from me.  I stuck Pascal on  my shoulder, and then clasped my hands behind my back. 
"Hey, yourself.  Where were you today?  I mean, if you don't mind me asking," I added.
He gave me a calculating stare before saying, "I, ah...I was actually visiting these three little girl dolls that Tangled Fan has...they're orphans.  Jordan, Casey, and Audrey..."
Where had I heard those names?  They sounded so familiar, but I'm pretty sure I'd never met any little orphans.  Still..maybe the dolls at one of my previous homes had had those names.  Hmm...
"I really was...you can ask--" he acted like he thought I didn't believe him. 
"No, no...I believe you!  I just...the names sound really, really familiar, and I was trying to remember why.  Anyway, um...that's really sweet of you! Is this the first time you've seen them?" 
"No, I visit them at least a couple of times a week.  Whenever I'm not hanging out with you," he gave me that special little grin of his.  I wish he wouldn't grin like that....it made me like him even more.  And he visits three orphan girls regularly??  I needed to ask Tangled Fan if I could, too.  At least I might be able to make some kiddos happy and give them company, at least. 
"That's so cool.  Was Zelia with you?" 
"No, actually...she goes once in awhile, but she didn't today," he told me. 
My sister.  My...sister?  ZELIA?  Whoa.  I did NOT see that coming.
"Wow...my SISTER does this, too?  Are you sure it's my sister?  Or did...I don't know...aliens kidnap her or something?"  I joked, and he laughed.
"Nah...she's actually really good with kids.  You'd be surprised!" 
"I already am!"  I giggled.  "I can't wrap my head around that.  Are you planning on adopting them -- Casey, Audrey, and Jordan, right?  Sorry I'm asking so many questions.  I'll stop if you--" 
"No, you're fine!  And, well...Tangled Fan only adopts to married couples, so...and yeah, really --I couldn't at first, either."  he finally sat down on the windowsill, and I dropped down so I could face him to talk some more.
"Hmm...cool!  And that kind of stinks about her only adopting to married couples.  I mean, I can understand why, but you'd be such a great dad to them, I'm sure.  And at least they'd have a home..." I trailed off. 
"Yeah...that's basically what I thought, too.  And you think I would be?"  he quirked a brow. 
Oh, geez!  "I am ninety-nine percent sure you would be a perfect father.  And I'm sure they just love you...you'd be a really fun dad," I grinned.  I could just imagine him with little kids...he'd probably be really sweet with them.
He gave me a small smile before clearing his throat and asking how my day went. 
"Hmmh...why can't we just talk about your day?  Your day seemed a lot more fun," I sighed. 
"What's wrong?  Punzie?"  he asked, reaching to cover my hand with his. 
"Yeahh...what's new, though - really?"  I shrugged.  "And then everyone gives me this...this huge berth, like they think they can't go anywhere near me.  It just makes me feel...I don't know.  Horrible.  I just wish that I could have one...just ONE...friend that sticks with me no matter what.  Zelia's...I mean, I have Zelia, but she definitely isn't much of one to talk with when it comes to emotional matters.  I'm just really tired of it, but I should be used to it.  I don't know why I think that maybe, just maybe, someone could come and befriend me and..." I broke off and sighed, realizing that I was ranting,  "..and I'm sure you have better things to do than to listen to me complain." 
"I'm sorry. And it's okay....I don't have anything better to do," he gave me a gentle gaze.  "I just wish things were easier for you.  You don't deserve to be treated that way."
"Hmmh...tell that to everyone on my side of the table." I groaned.
He sighed.  "Yeah...I'm sorry,"
"It it isn't your fault.  I should apologize to YOU, since I've obviously ruined your happy attitude for today..." I said as I realized that his cheerful expression had disappeared.  Now I felt even worse!
"No... I just feel for ya," he told me, squeezing my hand before beckoning me to come sit beside him.  I did, of course, and then he asked if he could put his arm around me.
Well, gee, Eugene...lemme think about it. =D
I nodded, and he didn't just put an arm loosely around my shoulders...he pulled me close and gave me one of the most comfortable hugs I have ever gotten.  Way to make me fall for you even more, Eugene....
He kept me close to him for the rest of the afternoon, and we either talked or just sat and enjoyed each other's company.  When evening rolled in, and then darkness crept into the room, we finally went back to the table.  Before I left for my side of the shelf, I gave him a hug and thanked him.  He always managed to make me feel better, and I owe him so much just for being here for me...! But regardless, when I went back to my side of the table, I was greeted with silence.  My sister was back, but she didn't want to talk with me, so I just went to my corner of the table with my blanket and my chameleon, and resumed my state of invisibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment