Monday, May 26, 2014

Our Memorial Day

Eugene

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!  We might be dolls, but we still make sure to dedicate today to all the soldiers that fought to keep the place we live in safe.  Are any of you guys doing anything for Memorial Day? 
Zelia and I convinced Tangled Fan to let us take the girls outside for the first time...and she actually let us!  She made sure we waited until the backyard was cleaned up and mowed (they're having a picnic or something later, I guess)...and then she let us take them out.  She limited us to the ramp and the small strip of grass by the ramp, but that's plennnty of space for us dolls --it's humongous for the kids!  Zelia and I took turns staying in the shade with Jordan to keep her safe from the sun, and when one was watching her, the other was playing with and keeping track of rambunctious little Audrey and Casey.
When I told the girls we were going outside, they were just bouncing off the walls. 
"Really?!"  Casey gasped.
"You mean...you mean for real?"  Audrey overlapped her sister before they both started squealing and running in impatient circles around us.  That sent Jordan crying, so I asked them to calm down until they were set loose outside, and they obliged...somewhat. 

Buddy, they had a BLAST.  They were so happy to get out of that old box Tangled Fan has them in, poor things.  They ran...and ran...and ran...and tripped and kept running...and jumped, screamed, giggled, and played for a good solid hour, playing anything from tag-you're-it to hide and seek, plus a few little games they've invented themselves. 
  I think we were all exhausted by the time Tangled Fan came back out to get us.  Jordan was sleeping, and the other two were so tired that they went to sleep as soon as they got back to their box.  After we exchanged our normal 'love you, see you again really soon's, Tangled Fan took Zelia and I back.  I was reluctant to let them go, as was usual, but we headed back to the bedroom anyway. 

As we walked, we talked. 
"So...how are things moving along with you and Rapunzel?"  Zelia asked me.  "She seems pretty fascinated by you at this point." 
I grinned.  "I'm hoping that it won't be too much longer, but you never know.  I want to make sure not to go too fast for her,"
"Yeah.  You don't want to lose her now," Zelia groaned.  "If you would, I think I would slap you.  Repeatedly." 
"No doubt in my mind.  I want to tell her about everything, but I just can't think of the right time to tell her.  I don't want to freak her out, and I don't know if she trusts me enough yet."  I added. 
"Mmhm.  You should wait for a little while, just don't wait too long,"
We talked a little bit more about her, and Ray and Belle as well, until we got to their side of the table.  I followed Zelia up, and saw Rapunzel was sitting in her corner....alone...with Pascal.  Belle, Elsa, Anna, Emma, and Piper were gone, leaving her with Ray, Kristoff, Hans, and Punzie. 
Well, I can see where this is going...."Hey, you," I knelt in front of her, putting a hand on her shoulder.  She looked up sharply, and I was greeted with a relieved smile. 
"Hey, yourself," she told me. 
"Why is such a pretty girl such as yourself sitting back here?"  I asked, and she blushed, even though her face clouded with that look of rejection. 
"Everyone else went for a walk, and Anna and Emma didn't want me to go, so I stayed here.  Ray tried to strike up a conversation with me, and then got frustrated with me because I started to stammer around, so I just went back here," she shrugged. 
"Hmm...I'm sorry, sweetheart.  Do you want to go for a walk or something?"  I suggested.  I was really tired, yeah, but if my girl wanted to do something, I was all for it. 
Her whole face lit up.  "Oh!  Yeah, of course!!"
But after she said so, her smile faltered and her gaze dropped down to her lap.  "O-oh...oh geez.  I haven't even changed out of my nightie yet--oh my gosh, I'm so sorry-"
"It's fine," I laughed.  I hadn't even noticed that, to be honest. 
"I guess...if you want to let me change and get my hair brushed out, I'll meet you under the table?" 
"M'kay...sounds good," I chuckled, standing up. 

I waited for her under the table...and waited...and waited. I was just starting to wonder if she had forgotten already, but then she came sliding down the table leg.  She was wearing her normal purple dress and had Pascal on her shoulder, but her hair was braided like the movie Rapunzel's.  She gave me a red-faced smile as she came over.  I still don't know why my heart starts pounding and I feel kind of dizzy every time I see her, I mean...it's been eight months since I met her! 
I strode over and pulled her into a quick hug, grinning.  "Wow...you look amazing..I mean, you always do, but-"
She giggled, the tips of her ears turning red.  "I don't think so, but thank you.  Zelia said you guys went to see the girls today...how were they today?" 
As we walked, I narrated the hour outside with the girls, and she gave me a huge smile. 
"Aw...I bet they really enjoyed it!  They just seem like they're so sweet," she told me.  I saw a glimmer--just a split-second glimmer--of the adoring expression in her eyes that she used to have when she'd hold one of the girls.  I had to smile when I realized that. 
"They are," I nodded, "that they are." 
"Someday, you'll have to introduce them to me," she suggested once more. 
Ooh no.  Don't panic, don't--I really don't want to do this.  I can't expect the girls to act like they don't know their own mother, that's way too much for them. "Maybe we can adopt them, someday," I winked, and her eyebrows shot up in surprise. 
"Hmm..."
"What?"  I started to panic on the inside.That probably wasn't what she had wanted to hear...?
"I was just thinking about how unlikely that is, but how much fun it would be," she ducked her head in embarrassment. 
"Who says it's unlikely?"  I reached to tickle her side, and she jumped back, laughing.  She almost tripped, but I snagged her arm and kept her upright. 
"Well, you're so perfect, and I'm so...not," she said, even though she was still grinning. 
"Me?  Perfect?  Pfft.  And no, you're not a cookie-cutter doll, but that's what makes you great!"  I told her, threatening to tickle her again. 
"Stop!  Don't you dare tickle me," she grabbed my hands.  "And...once more, thanks, but I don't think so." 
"Remember what Belle told you," I kissed her cheek.  "And I won't tickle you more, but if you degrade yourself again, I might just have to..."
She rolled her eyes.  "You're terrible....I love you." 
"Talk about a contradiction...love you, too, though," I teased. 
After that, we just walked and talked for awhile; eventually retiring to the window to sit and read for the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those kids sound adorable! This makes me want to visit our local orphanage...wait a second, who says I can't? xD

    I'm not really accustomed to love and all that - but it sounds like you two would be a good match...*whistle*

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete