Friday, May 23, 2014

Today's Events (:

 Today, I took Belle on an expedition of Tangled Fan's bedroom.  We tried to persuade Ray to go with us, but he strongly refused, so we just left him alone with the rest of the bunch.  I would have asked Eugene to come with us, too, but he had told me yesterday evening that he was going to go visit Casey, Audrey, and Jordan again.  
Soo, we had a girl's day out.  We explored quite a few places --not nearly all of the room, of course, but the half of the room closest to our table.  We'd explore the far side another day, we decided.  (:

Belle is seriously soo nice.  We talked about things we liked to do, and she apparently loves reading and going for walks.  She said she wasn't much of one for music unless it was classical, though.  She also brought up  horseback riding, which is something I have always wanted to try.  I'll have to ask Tangled Fan if there are any horses we could ride...either her or Eugene, since he's been around here a lot longer than I have.

After awhile, we went up to the windowsill to look out at the front yard for awhile.  A strong breeze was maintained through the open window, which blew any loose hairs out of my braid.  I don't know how Belle's stayed perfectly in place. 
I sat down, and Belle followed suit, smiling when Pascal crawled over to her lap.  I just hoped he wouldn't stick his tongue in her ear, which was something that he did if he didn't like or trust someone.  He's  actually  a very good judge of character, because he had always hated Flynn.  Thankfully, he didn't do anything to her, and just came back to sit up on my shoulder.

"He's so cute," Belle said, smiling kindly.
"Yeah, he is...he was my best buddy until I met Eugene - and he's still my best buddy in the animal category,"  I smiled and cuddled him against my cheek for a moment.
"Speaking of Eugene, where is he today?  I am surprised that he isn't tagging along with you today,"  she said.  Her French accent made her sentence smooth and pretty.
 "He's visiting these three little orphan girls today...he does quite a bit,"  I explained.
She smiled.  "That is very sweet of him.  Do you know their names?"
"Casey, Aurey, and Jordan.  I've never met any of them, but I'd love to," I told her.
She didn't look surprised or anything, and almost acted like she knew what I was going to say, but I'm not sure why.  "Aw.  I bet they are absolutely adorable.  Do the two of you plan on adopting them someday?"

Oh.  Ummm...heh.  I'd never thought about that...I was still cautious about letting myself remember that he loved me, because love seems to  be a pretty loose term nowadays.
"Well....I don't really know.  I've never thought about that.  If --and that's a HUGE if--we ever get married, I know I would love to adopt them, but...I don't know.  I don't see us getting married.  I mean...I don't know."  I shrugged, twisting my hands together awkwardly.
"Why is that such a huge if?"
"He's so perfect and I'm so...not.  I'd feel BAD for him if he wanted to marry me, because I'm sure he could find a much better wife than what I could be.  Plus, the word 'love' seems to be a pretty widely-used term anymore.  Not saying I'd MIND marrying him..of course."  I winked, and she laughed quietly.
"I am pretty sure you guys will get married.  I have seen the way you look at each other, and he thinks the world of you."  Belle smiled, and I blushed.
"So...what about you?  Any love interests before?  Ray?"
She shook her head.  "Not for me.  This is only the second home I have ever been to, so I never knew many dolls.  I did like a gentleman from my previous home, but he did not even know I existed.  And oh, goodness...Ray and I do not get along well.  He only tolerates me, although he has been a bit more gentleman-like towards me since we left our old home," she gave a wistful smile as she obviously reminisced about the guy that she had liked.
"Aw....I'm so sorry.  At least nobody's ever used you to get the attention of another girl--that's what the guy in my previous home did with me," I laughed at how naive I'd been.  "What was his name?"
"Edmund, and he was a newer model of Snow White's prince," she smiled.  "I must admit, he and Elisa --an Ariel doll--made a sweet couple.  I got to hold their baby girl a couple of days before I left.  They met, got married, and adopted her, all in one month...they were pretty sure of themselves.  I would love to know how one can be so sure of someone's affections--I would never have moved that quicky!"
"Same here....but, aww!"  I smiled.  "Do you have a thing for kids?"
"Oh, I simply adore children!  At my old home, I would babysit for a couple of my friends,"  her face lit up as she talked.
"You should ask Tangled Fan if you could go visit some of the orphans, like what Eugene does,"  I suggested.
"Ohh, I would love that so much, but I do not know if I could bear to leave them there!"  she smiled, and I nodded.
"Understandable,"
After that, our chatter trailed off, and I looked around, trying to think of something to say.  Finally, I lamely suggested we head back.  She agreed, and we stood to go. 

I watched her as she made her way to the floor first.  She hopped from the sill to the chair and onto the floor with grace to spare....ugh.  I wish I could be HALF as graceful as she is!
I, on the other hand, got my leg tangled up in the end of my braid when I went to jump from the chair to the floor.  And, of course, I hit the floor, stumbled a few steps, and almost fell flat on my face.  Gasping when my ankle twisted and the hair pulled tighter, I reached for the nearby bin to lean against.
I was purely horrified.  Most dolls left quickly, never to return or talk again as soon as they realized how clumsy I am, but Belle stuck around.

"Oh goodness, are you alright, Rapunzel?  Can I help you with...something?"
I grunted (which, to my horror, I realized that it was quite an unladylike response  in the presence of my very ladylike friend) as I bent to untangle my leg.  "Nah, I'm fine...my hair got tangled up.  Sorry!"
"What are you apologizing for?"
What on...
Sorry for making what probably seemed to you like a huge production of tripping?
 Sorry for being such an ungraceful moron?
I waited until my leg was freed before I answered, so I could see what kind of expression she had on her face.
"Sorry for tripping.  I wasn't making  a big show out of it, I promise--I-"
"I did not think you were.  Are you sure you are okay?"  she asked, looking quite concerned.
"Yeah, I'm sure.  I do this all the time...I'm probably the clumsiest Disney doll on earth,"  I groaned.  My face was so warm, and I wished she would just drop the topic.  And I thought talking about Eugene was awkward!  I'll take that topic any day over talking about my clumsiness.  
"Oh, you are not that bad," she reassured me.  "At least you have quirks."
"At least?!"  I blurted.  I didn't mean to be rude, but it just came out.

Open mouth. 
Insert foot. 

"It makes you more interesting.  I'm just like the rest of them, and that is definitely boring; trust me when I tell you this.  Look at it as though it is a special gift that hardly any Disney dolls are blessed with."
"Hmm....want to trade personalities?  You can be awkward and weird for a few days, I'm sure you won't view it as a blessing, then!"  I joked.

"I would give anything to be like you, to be honest.  I'm tired of being a perfect little princess!  And just keep in mind that Eugene does not love a cookie cutter doll, he loves you."
I gulped.  Wow.  Was it really a bad thing to be just like the others?  "Oh...I never really thought about it.  You're so nice, though - you're not like most of the others around here.  So it must not be  a rare gift to be different?"
"Each doll is different, they all think and act differently, but on the inside, most of us have to be perfect; we simply do not have it in us to be different or quirky.  It's a blessing to be different, I promise."  she explained a little further, but it only confused me more.
We quietly continued on our way back to our side of the table.  When we got back, I peeked around the divider to see if Eugene was back yet, since Tangled Fan had just left the room.

He was just sitting down on his wicker chair.  Yess!!
I hurried over to his side of the table, and when he saw me, he stood back up and grinned at me.

"Hey!"  I walked over to him, and he promptly took my hands into his.
"Hey, yourself.  You look happy," he observed.
"Mmhm!  Oh--do you want me to leave?  You're probably tired--"  I realized he might want to be left alone.  After all, he'd been off with the girls for the majority of the day. 
"Are you kidding me?  No, stay and tell me about your day.  I want to know what made you look so happy."  he studied my face and gave me an adorable grin.  I about melted at the gaze he gave me.  After he grinned, he left go of one of my hands to cup one of my cheeks.  "Wish you'd be this happy more often, you look simply radiant."
I giggled.  "Well, having a good friend and an amazing guy in my life helps."  I led him over to the chair and boxes, and took my normal spot on the box.
Instead of sitting on the chair, he sat beside me on the box and watched me while I unbraided my hair, holding Pascal for me as I did so.  When I had it unbraided, I looked at my mass of messy hair with a groan.  "Soo, it went from being a mess to being messIER, but oh well."

"You look fine," he chuckled, slipping an arm around my shoulders.  "So...today..?"
I explained everything Belle and I did today, and about what she had said about me being different.  When I finished, he nodded.
"I'm really glad you're making friends with Belle, and I hope it lasts.  I agree with her, but I'm pretty sure I'd think you were perfect no matter what.  I hope you start looking at your quirks with this in mind."
"No guarantees.  I get soo embarrassed when I'm clumsy...but enough about me.  How was your day with Casey, Audrey, and Jordan?"  I asked.
"Great....we just talked and I played with them for most of the day.  Except for Jordan, of course --she's a baby, so of course she can't partake in most games.  Patty-cake usually gets her riled up and all giggly, though," his smile showed how much he cared about those little girls...wow.  I couldn't help but smile.
"They sound absolutely adorable...maybe one day, you can take me to meet them!"
He shrugged, suddenly looking just a bit panic stricken.  "We'll have to see.  I'm pretty sure they would like it, though, but I'll have to talk to Tangled Fan."
I nodded, wondering why he was kind of guarded about me meeting them.  I just shook it off, though, and asked him to describe them for me.  That, he could do.
As he talked, I couldn't shake off the feeling that I knew those girls...even though I had never met any kids from here....weird.  Maybe I just feel like I know them because he talks so much about them?
Regardless, we talked for a good while, mostly about the girls and my day out with Belle.  It felt really great to have someone to talk to about the day and to unwind with (:

No comments:

Post a Comment