Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ray's Issues and A Continuation to Yesterday's Post

So...to continue last night's post from Eugene (you'll want to check it out if you haven't seen it already, or this post won't make ANY sense, I'm sure xD)....
We just sat and talked for awhile, all avoiding any talk of Ray or the incident.  Eventually, though, Zelia fell asleep..and then Belle.  Eugene and I were the only ones up -- even Pascal was asleep on my lap. 
"So...should I carry them back or should we go get their blankets?"  Eugene whispered. 
"Probably get their blankets and leave them here," I recommended.  "If Zelia woke up when you were carrying her, she'd likely punch your lights out."
"Probably," Eugene said without a moment's hesitation.  I giggled, and then we headed silently over to the other side of the table.  It was dark, and we could hardly see, but we managed to find the blankets. 
I tripped over someone's foot --not sure who--and Eugene, who was right beside me, grabbed my arm and kept me upright.  Whew.  When we got back over to Eugene's side of the table, I tossed a blanket over Zelia, and Eugene slid Belle to lay on the floor --since she was propped up against the cutout--before doing the same to her. 
When that was done, he turned around and gave me a smile, slipping my blanket around my shoulders and using it to pull me into a hug. 
"If you're sleepy, you can go back over there...?" 
I sighed.  To be honest, I was kinda scared to go back over there.  I know to you humans, that wasn't that big of an event, but to dolls....it's big.  Since we can't kill or dismember each other, any physical contact that ends up hurting someone on purpose is a big deal.  Although...I don't know.  Zelia might be able to dismember someone if she got mad enough, but...regardless.  xD 
"I don't know.  Can I stay here for a bit?  If you're tired...no, I'll j-just go back," I realized I was being kind of selfish. 
"You're scared, aren't you?  I can't blame you.  You can stay here, it's fine," he told me.  He kissed my hair, and then sat down.  I sat beside, and went to lean my head up against his shoulder. My neck soon reminded me that it wasn't a good idea, and I moved. 
"What?  Is your neck still sore?"  he asked, and I could hear the concern in his voice. 
"Yeahh..." I groaned quietly. 
"And what about your jaw?  Your leg?" 
"My jaw's okay, and my leg's a little stiff.  I'll be fine," I said. 
He put an arm around me.  "I'm sorry...I-I froze up when he grabbed you the first time...I should've been able to just jump into actio--"
My heart squeezed as I realized how upset he seriously was over this.  "It's okay, Eugene...it's no big deal!  You act like I...I fell off of something really high, rather than just have my neck yanked around by a rude jerk and fall a short distance and hurt my leg."
He fell silent for a few minutes, and I worried that I'd insulted him or something. 
"I didn't...upset you, did I?  I mean..I appreciate your concern, but I just don't want you to be so worried about me,"
"You didn't upset me...I just, um, tend to overreact if someone gets hurt....'specially if they just happen to be my best gal," I heard the teasing tone in his voice, and smiled, my face getting hot. 
We talked quietly for a few more minutes, but then I guess I must've fallen asleep. 
The next morning, I woke up feeling like someone was watching me.  When I opened my eyes, I saw Eugene peering around the cutout, watching me. 
I shot upright.  "Wh...where...?" I couldn't form a logical sentence, so I just flubbed my lips uselessly and stared a hole through Eugene.
He chuckled.  "When you fell asleep last night, I thought maybe it would be more comfortable on your leg and neck if you slept on the bed back here.  Pascal and I took the wicker chair.  How do you feel?" 
Aw.  I hadn't meant to kick him out of his own bed, but I suppose I was asleep and hadn't had a say in the matter. 
"Oh...well...thanks, I mean..I'm sorry, you could've let me on the floor and I woulda been fine..your hip joints won't get messed up, will they?" 
I patted the bed beside me, scooting over a bit and smiling at him 
He chuckled, accepting my silent offer, and sat beside me.  "My joints are fine.  But you never answered me about YOUR joints!" 
I laughed quietly.  "My leg feels a lot better."
                                                                           
"And...your neck?"  he asked, touching my cheek with an incredible amount of tenderness.  Much nicer than Ray's brutal jerking around from yesterday.  I leaned into his touch and smiled.  "I'm fine, I promise.  See?  I moved my neck...no problems."  
"I'm glad.  So...today...what are you planning on doing?" 
"I don't know," I sighed, turning away to look down in my lap.  "It's so dumb of me to be so scared to go back and face him.  It's stupid, and it's really, really cowardly." 
"No, it's not!  I told Tangled Fan that I wanted to go see Jordan, Casey, and Audrey today, so...either you can stay here, or go over to your side of the table.  We could talk when I come back, though?"  he offered. 
I bit my lip.  I knew I'd need to face him sooner or later, so I may as well get it over with.  "Okay.  Might as well just do it and get it over with,"
"I'll go with you when you go to do so," he told me.
"Okay...stinky old boyfriend of mine," I teased, referring to what Zelia had called him yesterday evening, elbowing him.
"Alright, stinky old girlfriend of mine," he threw back, giving me a gentle shove in return.  I giggled, shoving him back, and then he reached to tickle me.
"Hey!  Stop it!"  I laughed, grabbing his hand and making him stop.
He laughed, pulling away so he could slip an arm round my shoulders.  "Anything to make you laugh, darling."
I wrinkled my nose and giggled.  "Darling?  It sounds like you should have a British accent when you say that."
"Okeeh-dokahy, dahling," he made a terrible attempt at a British accent, and I laughed again.
"You're terrible...." I remembered that there were supposed to be storms last night. "Hey, did it storm overnight?"
"Nope...I asked Tangled Fan and it went right around us," he said.  "So...you ready to get up and going?  I think Zelia's  still asleep, but Belle is up.  If I didn't value my life, I would do something to pick on Zelia to wake her up...but I value my life."
I laughed.  "Yeah...we'd better get going. And yes, leave her alone unless you wish to die.  And I don't know about you, but I'd like for you to stay around for a bit."
He chuckled.  "Okay, I won't.  C'mon," he stood up and offered me his hand, which I took.  We headed out from behind the cutout, and since Zelia was up -and Belle was busying herself by playing with Pascal--we headed to the other side.
When we got there, the Frozen gang was gone already.  Zelia headed to go discuss something with Zelia and Emma, and Belle hung in the background, watching.
As soon as Ray saw me, he stood.  I tried not to be scared.  I don't know how the sight of him could scare me, but it did.  He strode over to both of us, and I immediately backed up a step. I didn't mean to, but I did.  Eugene put a reassuring hand on my back.
"Rapunzel...I apologize for yesterday.  Please, sit," he sat and offered the place next to him on the box, but I quickly refused.
He didn't even look at me the whole time he spoke.  I didn't know how to feel about that, but regardless.

"I apologize.  I should never have let my temper flare in the way that it did.  It was inexcusable, but I do hope you accept my deepest regrets for it ever happening.  I try to control my temper, but...it doesn't work sometimes.  I truly thought you were an attention-seeker, and I cannot stand attention-seekers, and your behavior simply infuriated me.  But I now understand that you are simply clumsy, and I am sorry."
His eyebrows furrowed, and he went silent for a moment, but then he continued.  "All Beast dolls are given either a temperment and personality similar to Prince Adam's, or a personality and temper similar to Beast's.  I was unfortunate enough to recieve a Beast personality, and I cannot control my temper at times."
Even though I was shaking, I nodded and tried to smile.  I felt terrible for being so scared, since everyone probably feared him, but I told him that I accepted his apology and thanked him for his explanation.  Then, Tangled Fan came in and took Eugene, so I was left on my own.

When he left the box, I went to sit on it with Pascal, and I played with him for awhile.  I was once more invisible, and nobody else was bothering with me, so all I had to do was play with Pascal --not a bad deal, I suppose!
Until Ray came back over to me.
"I-I'll move," I quickly offered, and he shook his head.
"Please, stop looking so terrified of me."
How can I, when in doll terms, you practically ASSAULTED me yesterday??!
"No, seriously, I'm fine moving-"
He grabbed my shoulder.  How could everything about him be so sharp, rough, and terrifying?!  "Don't!  All I did was ask a simple request of you, and you act as though I threatened you.  I thought you might understand, but I see that you cannot.  You're like.."
"Raymond, if all this is just a-about  seat...or..or a facial expression, seriously, I'll just go-"
He gave me an incredibly frustrated look, and that's when Belle raced over, whispered something to him, and then he left, giving us both a cross look.
She sat down beside me.  "I am terribly sorry...he is taking the change so roughly.  He gets upset if he knows anyone around is scared of him, but it's not like you are overreacting.  He can be quite terrifying,"   she played with her skirt as she spoke.
"I understand.  Thank you for breaking that up...you're really kind."  I gave her a small smile, and she nodded.
"Thank you for being a good friend to me," Belle said.
I laughed.  "I've hardly done anything for you...and you're saving my sorry self right and left!"
"Yes, but I view you as a good friend, also," she nodded, so sure of herself.
"Wow..well...why don't we go do something soon?  I could show you around the room; there's a lot of neat little places that we could explore," I offered, feeling sort of awkward.  I didn't know how to react to anyone saying that I was their FRIEND!
"That would be wonderful!"  Belle exclaimed, ever-so-elegantly.
We talked for awhile, but then she went to go talk with some of the others.  I was once more all alone, except for Pascal, and Ray kept looking at me; watching me...staring at me.  It just really creeped me out..!

So when Tangled Fan brought Eugene back around four, I was about to lose my mind if Ray didn't stop watching me.  As soon as Tangled Fan left, I ran over to his side of the table and grabbed him into an excited hug.
"Hey, sweet girl...I mean, I guess I missed you today too, but..wow.  I'll take it, though," he teased me before he put his arms around me.  "How did your day go?"
"It was fine..I could hardly stand the tension anymore, though.  He just stared at me, like the whole day.   It was really freaking me out!"
"Hmm...I'm sorry.  Why don't we go chat on the window for awhile?"  he kissed the top of my head, and I grinned.
"Is that even a question?  Sure!"
...And then I realized Pascal wasn't with me.
I quickly ducked around the divider, and saw that Belle was playing with him.  When she saw me, she smiled and said she would keep an eye on Pascal, so then I thanked her and then went to go spend the afternoon with Eugene, talking about anything and everything, and Jordan, Casey, and Audrey.  =]

No comments:

Post a Comment