Saturday, May 31, 2014

Curiosity Killed the Cat

~Rapunzel
This is going to be my last time posting on here.  In HIS favor, I'll write everything down about the whole day...apologies if I get a bit cynical, but when you get to the end, you will understand why.  I don't even know why I'm typing this! 

Yesterday, EVERYONE else started off for a week-long trip exploring the house.  Of course, I wasn't invited, because Anna and Punzie were going along.  Big surprise there, right? 
So today, Eugene was gone for most of the day.  To keep myself busy, I sung and danced by myself.  I had a question for him about the blog, so I just couldn't WAIT for him to get back.

When he did, I promptly hurried over to his side of the table. 
"Hey!"  I said excitedly.  Ahh, gotta love the feeling of excitement you get when you see someone you love, right? 
"Hey, yourself," he gave me that smile of his -- the one that made my stomach erupt in butterflies.  Then, he pulled a small stem of slightly wilted flowers from behind his back.  "Tangled Fan got a bunch of little flowers so I could give them to you and the girls.  They're, ah...kinda wilted up, but-"

I was so excited.  I was soo, so happy.  "Oh my gosh, Eugene!  Thank you so much!"  


With a chuckle, he handed them to me.  I wasted no time, going ahead to bury my face in them and take a deep whiff.  I'd never smelled flowers before!  I'd never been given flowers before, either.  
"Mmm...they smell soo sweet!  Thank you so, so much!"  I looked up at him and grinned, and he laughed. 
"You have some yellow gunk on your nose," he told me before he dabbed it off himself.  After he wiped his fingers on his pants, he pulled me close and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead. 


"So, how was your day?"  he asked.  
I moved away so I could set the flowers down in a safe place, and then I slid back into his arms.  For the moment being, I felt so at home and so comfortable in his arms... ugh. 
"Well, everyone else left last night for this week-long expedition to explore the house, and of course, I had to stay behind...Punzie and Anna, y'know?  So, I just sang and danced by myself today.  It was pretty fun, actually...nobody pushing me around or saying mean things.  OH, I have a question for you!  Someone commented on your last blog post, but they directed it towards me...I saw the preview of it, but I didn't go see the whole thing, because I didn't want to...you know...look at your post, because you said not to." 
He nodded.  "You can stick around here as much as you like, then, if you're all by yourself over there.  I mean, you always CAN, but...you know.  Anyway, uh...yeah, you can answer it.  Noo problem.  It's not like I'm hiding bad secrets there or anything, so I really...I just...um..am self-conscious of my writing."  [Hmmph.  Yeahh...right.]
"Aw, I'm sure your writing is good!" I told him. 
 We talked for a little while, but then I left for my side (where I had left Tangled Fan's tablet) to go check on that comment before I forgot. 


Before I left, I made sure to snag the flowers -- of course.  He gave me the usual hug, kiss on the cheek, and 'I love you, see you later', and I did the same.  

I was on cloud 9, as I normally was after I'd had a visit with him, when I went to check the comment.  
It was on the last post on the blog (Sorry about that, nothing really interesting has been going on, but I had been visiting with him everyday.  Y'know...falling in love...) when I caught sight of something on the page. 
Something about him not wanting to let me meet the orphan girls because he couldn't make them 'pretend to not know their mother'.  
Mother?  
Since I'm obviously not married to him, and I had never met the girls, I  decided to do a little digging.  
I flipped through a couple of the most popular posts.
Apparently, he has a thing for clumsy 2010 Rapunzels. 
He has a wife.  
I was too mad to cry.  Didn't he think I had gone through enough already?!  Why, why, WHY??!!  UGH! 
I grabbed the tablet, the flowers, and Pascal, and stormed over to his side of the table, where he was sitting. 
He greeted me with a surprised smile as he strode over to me. 

"Y-you...you could've told me." I gave him a firm shove right off the bat, knocking him right back away from me. 
"What?" He gave me a slightly terrified and confused look.
"THIS.  What the heck is all this?!"  I shoved the tablet at him and flicked through several pictures he, or his WIFE, rather, had on "our" blog. 
He stammered around terribly for a few minutes, and I could feel my eyes watering as I waited for a response.  My stomach was twisted in knots, and I wanted to be furious at him, but suddenly, all I could feel was sorrow.  For so long...so long...he had led me to believe he loved me, and it turns out it was unrequited affection once more.  Why?  When he just answered me with an 'it's complicated...sit down for a minute', I just gave up.  I should've known better to have hoped he truly cared for me!  I'd just gotten played...just like last time.  But wait...I still wanted answers.
"Well, where's she at...that girl?  It looks like you have a THING for the 2010 model.  And what about--what about all your kids?  Nice to know you were visiting your CHILDREN, not orphans like you told me you were."  I glared, oozing sarcasm.  "I ought to warn your WIFE about what's been going on!  She should at least have fair warning to know something like this could happen again!  And why hasn't she been posting?  Or HAS she, and I just didn't notice because of your stupid little 'no reading' rule?"  
"She's...well...the kids were taken away.  And she is standing right in front of me."  he gave me a serious look.
Was the doll delusional?
"What, then...are you, like...are you mad?!"  I barked.
"No, I'm not mad--"
"Mad as in crazy in the head."   Stupid...! 
"No.  I'm not that, either.  I --"
"I don't want to hear any more excuses!"  I put my hand up, hauling the tablet along with me as I turned to leave.  "I'm done.  I'm sick of MEN!"  I gave the tablet a firm shove to the other side of the table.



"Wait...you don't understand.  Let me explain-"  he succeeded in grabbing my arm.
"Did you not just hear me?" I was mad at myself for the tears that were spilling down my cheeks.  "Let me go!" 
"Please...just listen for..f-for five minutes, Rapunzel--"
"NO!  Let me go, you sick, twisted...freak!  I can't believe you....!"  I cried.   I managed to yank away from him, and I almost fell down.  I managed to stay on my feet, though, and I quickly stumbled back on the other side of the table.  My side.  I'd never cross to the other side of that table again.  I was finished.  I was finished with relationships, and liars, and men who used you and made you think they loved you, and...I'm done with LOVE.  Finished.
 Why must I be so naive....?
I went to my corner, where I'd left Pascal, and sat down.  Nobody was there, of course. Part of me was glad nobody was there to see me like this, but part of me wanted Zelia or Belle.  But they might not even care...Why WOULD anyone care, anyway?  It's ME.  I'm stupid, and I'm worthless, and...why can't I be smart for once??
I can honestly say that this is worse, though.  Looking back, I should have seen it coming with Flynn.  But Eugene had been so sweet with me, and had told me nearly every day that he loved me.  Why??  Didn't he think I had been through enough the first time??!  And yet, my stupid heart kept squeezing every time I thought about him.  Why did it?  Some small voice kept telling me that he hadn't used me, and I wished it would shut up!  I was too shocked to even cry, but if I COULD cry, I would probably feel better.  I felt like I was going to throw up.

No comments:

Post a Comment