Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas & An... Interesting Newcomer...

Merry [belated] Christmas, dear readers!!!!  (:  Hope you had a wonderful day surrounded by family and friends...I sure did! 


Christmas morning, I was woken up bright and early by my husband, whispering sweet nothings and stroking my hair.
"I'm up..I'm up...," I mumbled, my eyes still squeezed shut as I stretched.  I didn't see him, so I accidentally smacked him in the face with my fist, while I was stretching my arms out.  "Oh!  Good grief.  I am so sorry...are you okay?"  My eyes opened then, that's for sure!  Ugh.
He had his nose covered tenderly, but he nodded.  "Yeah, I'm fine," he chuckled. 
"I am so, so sorry.  Here, let me look-" I turned towards him and then knelt, trying to pull his hand away. 
"I'm fine, and no, you don't need to look at my nose, dearest girl." He rubbed it and then dropped his hand away from his nose.  I leaned down to give the tip of his nose a kiss, and he grinned. "Well...time to get up?" 
I nodded, standing up.  "I'll be right back, after I change into my dress and brush this ratty hair of mine." 
He chuckled, nodding, but then he shot upright. "Wait a second, hon." 
"Wh-" I started to ask why, but he hurried off of the shelf and jumped into the drawer beneath us.
He soon re-appeared, with something held clumsily behind his back. 
When he came up to me again, he gave me a sheepish grin.  "Tangled Fan  made this at my request, but she let me choose the fabric color.  I-I..hope you like it."  His face turned absolutely beet red and he pulled whatever it was out from behind him.
It was a dress; simple, yet nice, made of a soft and beautiful purple fabric. 
I gasped.  "Oh my gosh, Eugene.  It's beautiful!" I exclaimed...and then immediately felt bad.  I'd wanted to do something for him for Christmas, but I hadn't been able to figure out what to get or make.  "But...I am so sorry...I wanted to get something for you, too, but I didn't know what, and I didn't want to ask you, because I wanted it to be a surprise, and-"
He grinned, pulled me close, and rested his forehead up against mine.  "That's fine, sweetie."
"But-"
He kissed my forehead.  "Nope...no but's." 
I laughed, reaching up to give him a quick kiss.  "Thank you.  I love it."  I gave him a hug, and he gave me a wink. 
"If I get all this for just a dress, I'll have to give you stuff more often!"  He joked, and I rolled my eyes. 
"Yeah, no."  I told him, and he tickled my side, a mischievous gleam in his eye.  "Hey!" I exclaimed, giggling and pulling away from him.
 


He laughed, and then I hurried to change into my new dress and brush my hair. 
When I'd finished up, Eugene promptly gave me  a broad smile. 
"Give me a twirl?" 
Not thinking, I gave a twirl. 
And paid for it.  
Standing near the edge of the shelf, I stumbled over my own feet and almost fell out onto the deck. 
Eugene, thinking fast, grabbed my arm and hauled me back into the shelf. 
"Are you okay?"  He asked, and I nodded.
"I can't believe myself," I laughed, embarrassed. 
He chuckled.  "Next time I ask you to spin?  Don't...Okay?"
"Okay."  I agreed, straight-faced for a moment before I laughed again. 
And then we heard a loud, inaudible yell; slightly British sounding? 
Eugene and I both went silent. 
"...Why I had to end up here, with such giggling numbskulls, I will never know!"  I gave Eugene a blank stare, keeping an ear turned towards the voice as it continued.  "And why must I be so small? Placed upon an electronic device as this; with no way to get down!  What a pathetic human!" 
"Let's go look," I whispered to Eugene, and he gave me a horrified look. 
"I don't think-"
"I do!  It must be a new doll.  I don't want it to be alone for Christmas!"  I told him, grabbing his hand and stepping out onto the deck to look on the printer.
 




A tiny figurine paced up and down on the top of the printer, grumbling quietly now.  A definite British accent tinted his words, and he had very odd clothes painted on. 
I remembered looking on Tangled Fan's Pinterest account.  Pictures of an actual human, dressed similarly to this doll, had been on her account.  If I remembered correctly...Loki from the movie, The Avengers? 
Quite frankly, I had no idea why she would even like the villain from any movie, but she DID like his character. 
But regardless. 
"Hello," I called quietly, wondering if I should even be doing this.  Eugene had probably been right - we should've left him be.  I turned and saw him standing stiffly behind me, eyes wide with shyness. 
The teensy doll, who seemingly towered over us, whirled around and stomped towards me. 
"YOU!  Are you the being whose maniacal giggling woke me?"
I shrank back.  "Sorry!  Are y-y..you new here?" 
"I wish I would have stayed at my other place.  They didn't take me out of my prison, but they also didn't have tons of...of YOUR kind, pathetic little PRINCESSES, surrounding me!  I was kept in some dark place until yesterday night.  I was pleased to have gotten free from my prison, but now..THIS." 
"I'm sorry," I mumbled again, taken aback by his not-so-pleasant attitude.  "A-are you Lo-"
"I am Loki.  Yes.  You, like most others, probably only know me because I am the adopted brother of Thor.  Tell me, Thor is not here, is he?" 
"N-no...At least, I don't think so.  I don't really know what he looks like."  I cleared my throat and glanced back at Eugene, who was still staring. 
"And could you assist me by removing me from this...electronic device?  I cannot stand being up here any longer!"
I started to nod, but then I reconsidered.  What kind of mayhem would he release, if he could get down from the printer?  Plus, he was so tiny...
"Sorry, but I-I honestly don't think that's a good idea.  Trust me, we've almost gotten stepped on before; you're so little, you would be-"
"Crushed?  Ah!  Well.  At least I would not be up HERE."
I quirked a brow, but then turned towards Eugene.  He shrugged, so I reached up towards him, urging him to come over.  He did, and I quite uncomfortably lifted him down off of the printer. 
"If you...want...you can come and spend Christmas with us," I offered, even though I wasn't necessarily sure if I WANTED to be around him for Christmas!  He seemed pretty...unhappy about his current living situation.  I didn't tell him that Tangled Fan would put him right back up on the printer once she saw he was off of it.  "We live right in this shelf." 
He didn't answer.  That boy might just be a few inches tall, but he was on a mission.  He was also very agile, for his size - just made me laugh at myself for my lack of grace. 
"O-okay."  I told Eugene.  "I applaud him for his efforts." 
He laughed, snapping out of his initial shock from meeting Loki.  He slung an arm around my shoulders and led me back into the shelf, where we spent the rest of the day.  Anna, Kristoff, Elsa (Anna and Elsa did NOT come at the same time...uh oh.  I'm thinking that things are NOT getting better between them...) and Hans came down for a little bit as well.  All in all, it was a wonderful day, spent with my sweet hubby and the best friends a doll could ask for! (:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment