Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sisterly Tensions...

Hey everyone!  Sorry I haven't posted in forever... :(  I wanted to spend the rest of my first week as a wife with Eugene, without the computer and such...last weekend, the internet was down to boot.    And this week has been pretty boring.  But regardless...
Apparently, ever since last Thursday, Anna's been blathering nonstop about Kristoff.  (Of course, only when he's not around)....and tensions have been growing between her and Elsa.  And there's something going on with Zelia.  I don't know what, but there IS.  I just know there is...but I don't want to talk to her enough to find out what the issue is. 

But regardless. 
Eugene and I were just relaxing around today, listening to the wind howling, and I was playing with Pascal, when someone knocked on the side of the shelf.  Eugene stood up quickly, before I could even set Pascal on my shoulder, and told whoever it was to come in. 
It was Elsa. 
I hadn't seen her since...well, probably since the wedding, almost two weeks ago! 
"Hey, Elsa!"  I exclaimed excitedly, standing up to give her a quick welcome hug.  But when I pulled away, I saw her face was distraught. 
"Hey, Rapunzel...and hey, Eugene.  How's married life, girl?"  She asked me. 
"It's pretty great.  But I get a sneaking suspicion that you didn't come down to listen to how my married life has been thus far, right?"  I asked, curious as to what was up.  "Zelia and Punzie being...Zelia and Punzie?" 
"No."  She sighed, giving up on her attempt to appear fine, and I gestured for her to sit down.  "It's Anna." 
"She's quite pleased with her relationship with Kris, isn't she?"  Eugene asked, chuckling as he came to stand beside me. 
"A little too pleased.  I mean, I'm happy for her, but good grief.  He hasn't even proposed, it's not like anything's written in stone, but she's just constantly going on and on and on about him!  When he's not around, of course, but still!"  She sighed in obvious aggrivation.
"Well...you two aren't fighting over it, are you?"  I asked, almost afraid of her response. 
"Yes.  We just...fought, and I just had to come down here.  It's too tense up there.  And she even told me that she wasn't surprised if I'd NEVER get married, because ...because of how I am."  She grumbled.
Well then. 
"I'm sure she was just upset.  When she gets upset, she says things she probably should keep to herself.  You know yourself that she probably doesn't mean that-"
"But it's true.  Kristoff is - obviously - spoken for, and Hans is completely and utterly twitterpated over Piper.  And that's the entire male doll population around here!" Elsa explained.
"Things will work out if they're meant to work out, Elsa," I told her, reaching to pat her shoulder. "I mean, look at Eugene and I.  If we can-"
"Yeah.  You and Eugene.  You and, you and, you and.  And then there's me.  Thanks for the talk, I gotta go."
And with that, she just stood up and left. 
We stared blankly at each other for a few seconds. 
"Well, uh...what just happened?"  I finally asked. 
"I'm not entirely sure," was my husband's answer, as he glanced back towards the deck. 
"All I know is that was a major fail.  I was just trying to give her an analogy on how if WE could end up together, anything can happen..." I groaned. 
He nodded. "Her emotions and nerves are probably really raw right now, so she probably doesn't even know what she wants right now." 
I nodded.  "Ugh.  Am I being a bad individual if I say that I'm glad we're not up on that shelf?" 
He laughed.  "Nnnot necessarily..With those two, a twitterpated Hans and Piper, and Zelia and Punzie up there..., and Anna and Kristoff...and Emma...things are probably really interesting.  And not in a good way." 
I nodded.  "Agreed.  Should I maybe try to go up there and...mediate?" 
His eyes widened.  "Good grief, hon.  No.  We haven't been married two weeks yet, I'd like to keep you around a bit longer than that...and that'd be like walking into the middle of a pack of...of cougars or something!" 
"Cougars don't travel in packs," I said, even though I started giggling at the thought. 
He chuckled.  "Well..you get the gist."
"Yes, I do.  I'd be dead meat," I laughed. 
"Mhm."  He agreed.  "Things will sort themselves out." 
I knew that.  But I'm just worried that things WON'T, and that Anna and Elsa's sisterly relationship would be ruined.  =[  Oh boy.  Well...we'll see how things turn out...! 

No comments:

Post a Comment