Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Our Wedding Day!!

This morning, the day Eugene and I exchange our I-do's, I woke up bright and early....because Anna was shaking my shoulder excitedly, whispering. 
"Get up, get up!!  We need to get moving!"
I scooted out from under my blanket, groaning.  I hadn't slept much last night...Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Hans, Piper, and I had stayed up until 3 in the morning, planning.  "What time is it?"
"Eleven!!  There's only four hours left till you get married!!" Anna exclaimed in an urgent whisper.
WHAT? 
Four hours---Ughh..I'd overslept. Great!
My eyes flew open.  "I'm up!" 
Anna helped me to my feet, and all of us immediately started hurrying and getting things gathered and ready.
Zelia stopped me while I was folding and gathering my stuff.  "What do you think you're doing?"
"I'm leaving!"  I said, intending to not let her mood get in the way of this day. 
"What are you talking about?!"
I didn't mean to spill it.  I didn't want Zelia or Punzie to crash the wedding...but I spilled it. 
"I'm getting married to Eugene, and there is nothing you can do." 
"When?"  Zelia asked, looking curious.  She was probably just putting on a false face, in hopes I'd be naive enough to tell her. 
Not today, Zelia. 
"Soon."  I said, turning away from her to grab my hairbrush.
"Could I maybe..." She started, and I whirled to look at her, waiting for her to say something horrible. 
Her face held an expression I couldn't decipher.
"What?"  I asked.
As soon as I'd seen the expression, it passed; leaving her normal, cold expression of indifference.  "Nothing."
I rolled my eyes and hurried to get things done. 

Once I got everything folded, gathered, and set, I ran down to Eugene's shelf, set everything in there, (I had Anna go down and make sure he wasn't in there before I did so...so as to not break tradition ;) ) and then the whole posse of us (everyone except Zelia and Punzie, of course) headed for Tangled Fan's dresser.    
When we got there, Piper slipped behind that big Rapunzel cutout thingie on Tangled Fan's dresser (that's what is in the background...she sometimes freaks me out, she has so much Tangled junk.  I mean, seriously.  How much Tangled stuff can you bear to have plastered on your walls? But regardless.)  Piper slipped behind that cutout thingie and changed into a different dress, so the wedding dress would be ready for when I had to slip into it. 
We chattered excitedly while we all got ready.  Everyone else eventually decided to just wear their normal clothes, but we experimented with a couple of different hairstyles, while Pascal slept on Anna's cape. 


And then two-forty rolled around. 
I got into the wedding dress, and then carefully emerged from behind the cutout, trying not to trip or anything. 
"Should I just wear my hair-"
"You'd be GORGEOUS with the veil and your hair in a braid like the one that Rapunzel from the movie wore."  Elsa told me, motioning for me to turn. 

I did, and she knelt behind me, as Anna and Emma worked on either side to make two smaller braids.  When all that was done, Elsa fastened my engagement ribbon to the end of my braid.


When it was done, I tried to glance behind my shoulder.  When I saw the braid, I gasped. 
"It's gorgeous!  Thank you so much, girls!"  I exclaimed, reaching to hug everyone. 
Elsa sidestepped my hug, motioning with her hand.  "Give us a twirl!" 
Caught up in the excitement of the moment, I did. 
And I stumbled backwards. 
Luckily, Elsa caught me before I could tear Piper's dress or anything! 
Laughing, she helped me back upright.  "Remind me to never ask you to twirl." 
"Okay," I laughed, my face going red. 
Anna pulled me over to her, set the veil on my head, and then gave me  a big grin. 
"It's two-fifty five.  I suggest we go behind the cutout to wait for the guys." 
I gasped.  Butterflies erupted in my stomach. 
It was really happening. 
It was REALLY happening. 
Oh.  My. Gosh! 
Anna probably saw the panic in my eyes, because she giggled.  "You'll be fine.  Come on!" 
She snagged my arm and hauled me back behind the cutout, so we could wait. 

A few minutes later, I heard clomping around, and caught snippets of conversation. 
I peered out from behind the cutout and gasped again, catching a glimpse of my fiance, who was talking with Hans.   Whipping behind the cutout again, I turned to Anna. 
"What if I'm making a mistake?  What if I'm hurrying?!  What if-"
"Oh, you'll be fine!"  Anna laughed.  "Don't listen to the butterflies.  Butterflies don't know what they're talking about, anyway!" 
I giggled giddily.  "Okay.  Kris!"  I hissed.

Anna stepped out from the cutout and leaned around to see.  She glanced at Hans and Eugene, and then she swatted Kristoff's arm to get his attention. 
"What time is it?  Showtime?"  She asked. 
He turned to her and nodded, giving her a grin.  "Showtime.  Everyone's here." I heaved a shaky sigh, and he peeked around Anna to look at me.  "You ready for this?  You're about as pale as your dress." 
I laughed awkwardly.  "I'm as ready as I'll ever be.  You just wait.  You'll be a nervous wreck when you get married!" 
He suppressed a chuckle, but I noticed his cheeks turning pink as he flashed a glance towards Anna. 

Anna linked her arm with mine.  "C'mon, girlfriend.  Time to get this show on the road!" 
As soon as I stepped into sight, clinging nervously to my friend's arm, Hans took his position.

Eugene caught sight of me, and that special grin of his lit up his features.  I could see his chest swell, and I gave him a shy smile.  
I wanted to run, but Anna insisted on taking the few steps to my fiance nice and slow.  She probably knew I'd fall on my face if I ran.  =D 


Eugene took my hands gently in his and gave me a broad smile the second I came up to him.  I caught Hans flashing Piper, who was now sitting on Tangled Fan's tissue box with her sister, a little glance.  Hmm..wonder who'll officiate THEIR wedding?  Or maybe I shouldn't have been playing matchmaker when I was getting ready to get married myself!  =D   

We said our vows, and then Anna reached to untie the ribbon from my hair, handing it to me. 
Do you know how hard it is to tie a knot with someone else?  Especially if both your hand and his hand is shaking?!  It took several attempts, a few 'oops's, and our faces were both red, but we finally got the ribbon knotted.  =D  And then Hans stepped aside as he pronounced us husband and wife. 

Eugene didn't waste any time.  He immediately bent to give me a quick, gentle kiss, putting his arms loosely around my waist.   Somehow, just that quick little kiss was enough to make my heart flutter. Okay, so maybe I'm being a bit sappy now.. ;)

When he pulled away, I gave him a huge smile, which he returned.  Everyone clapped...and I think even the 18 inchers, who are on the top of our shelving unit, were clapping!
When we headed to the floor, Tangled Fan immediately came in to take some pictures of us....though I must admit, since it was somewhat dark in the room, the pictures didn't come out as nicely as I was hoping...oh well. 

Who thinks the next wedding will be for these two?  ;)



And virtually nobody was looking the right direction in this picture...oh well!  =D



Everyone chatted for awhile, but after that, we all changed dresses and everyone else went back to their shelf.
"You can all come down to our shelf to visit whenever," Eugene called as the left, and Anna turned to give him a happy nod.  When we were by ourselves a hundred percent, he turned to me with a big smile.  "So...brand new bride of mine....how're you feeling?" 
"Like I'm on a cloud.  Probably the ninth one."  I said, and he chuckled. 
"Same here."  He pulled me close, and I hugged him back.  "You still up for that dancing lesson?" 
"Oh.  OH!" I exclaimed.  "I forgot to make a playlist on the iPod-"
"That's fine," he told me with a smile.  "It can wait, or we can just filter through the songs on the iPod." 
"Okay," I said to the latter, and we went to get the iPod. 

When we'd gotten our first song pulled up - Appropriately, I See the Light from Tangled- Eugene immediately started humming it, watching me.
"Good choice," he said. 
I grinned and nodded before stepping over to him, my face getting warm.
"So we're gonna...umm...you put your hands like this...and I put mine like so...and follow my footsteps.  Just like this..." I demonstrated, trying not to flinch when he almost stepped on my bare toes. 

We muddled our way through I See the Light, but I was surprised at how quickly he was catching on. 
"Annnd you're probably done with wanting to be my wife by now," he laughed when the song ended. 
"No, no!  You're actually pretty good!"  I exclaimed, leaving his arms to start another song.
It was another slow song, and I think - no, I KNOW - he did better that time.  He gave me a gentle gaze that I got lost into for the majority of the song, and when it was done, he bent to brush his lips against mine.  I grinned, but my face started getting red. 
"Y-you're getting better at dancing," I told him.  "You only stepped on my toes a few times," I added jokingly.
He chuckled. "Sorry." 
"It's fine.  I'm not the greatest, either," I laughed. 

We practiced to a few other songs, and he quickly got better at dancing.  Although, I'm not sure if my toes will ever be quite the same again :P 
After the fifth song, though, I asked if he wanted to do something else.  It was nearing seven, so it was dark and the floor was getting really chilly. 
"So..." I said. "What'cha want to do now?"
"Since it's dark, why don't we just head back to the shelf?"
True... I nodded.
I felt a twinge of reluctance, but then I remembered...I wouldn't have to go back to Zelia or Punzie!
We hurried back to the shelf, and I quickly slipped into my nightie, behind the lamp; after I'd set Pascal down on the floor to do as he pleased. When I had finally wormed my way back out from behind the lamp, Eugene was just finishing spreading both of the hankerchiefs out. He saw me and promptly came over.
"I'm not done yet - I have to brush my hair. Remember, you married a doll with 17" of hair to deal with," I laughed.
He chuckled. "Need any help brushing it?"
"Thanks, but I'm good, sweetie." I told him, and he gave me that grin of his as he watched me brush.
When I had finally set aside the brush, I leaned up against the shelf wall and glanced towards the window as I heard the wind start to pick up. "Gonna be a really cold one tonight, I bet!" I exclaimed. [Sidenote-I don't know if I've said about this before, but our shelves are on the 'cold' side of the room -- Tangled Fan's told us before that the wind hits on this corner of the room pretty hard, and so it's colder than the rest. Not sure how that works, but it's true about the cold part! =D Anyway.]
He nodded, stepping closer to me. I stood up straighter and looked up at him.
"Since I didn't get to carry you from the deck to the shelf..." he trailed off, and I laughed.
"You don't have to carry me, Eugene," I told him, but then he reached over and scooped me up. "Well...fine. As long as you don't drop me."
"Oh, I won't..." he told me, but I saw the impish glimmer in his eye.
"Don't. You. Dare." I told him, but then he pretended to drop me. I squealed, even though I should've seen it coming a mile away, and I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck.
He chuckled and put his arms around me a bit tighter before he turned and carried me to bed. Once there, he carefully sat down, still with me in his arms. I snuggled up against his chest instead of laying down to go to sleep, and he put his arms around me.
"So...my beautiful girl, did you enjoy your special day, and was it all you dreamed it would be?"
I sighed. "It was more than what I could ever dream. I didn't think I'd ever get married...and I didn't think it would be to you. But goodness, I spent plenty of days wishing -- I wouldn't let myself think about it too much, though, because I didn't want to get my hopes up just to have them destroyed. That's been the story of my life up until now, and I'll be forever grateful to you for...for being YOU."
He plopped a kiss in my hair, and when I tilted my head up to give him a smile, I saw what an affectionate gaze he was giving me. He proceeded to kiss my forehead, the tip of my nose, and then finally, our lips met for a sweet kiss that made my heart pound.
When I reluctantly pulled away, he gave me a smitten smile.
"And I'll be forever grateful to you for being YOU," he gave me a wink, and I giggled.  "So...what do you want to do tomorrow?"
I thought for a minute. "I don't really care. I just want to be with you."
He chuckled. "Well, you're not easily pleased," he added sarcastically.
"Nope," I laughed.
We talked for awhile, just about anything and everything. Just like we used to. I loved every moment of it...I was home. Three long years as an unwanted doll, only liked by humans for a short while, and I was home. =]
Finally, he said we needed to get to sleep. I nodded, scooting off of his lap. I sprawled out on the bed for a second, stretching, but then I sat up to see Pascal was up on the wicker chair.
"Pascal, c'mon!" I called, patting my lap.
Glancing my way, he turned his back and plopped down on the chair, curled his tail over his face, and went back to sleep.
I turned to Eugene and laughed. "So he likes the chair more than he does me."
Chuckling, he shrugged. "He really, really likes that chair. I don't think he likes it more than you, though."
"Mmh," I said.
"So, how do you like being a missus?"
I flopped onto my belly, put my hands on top of one another on his chest, and then rested my chin on my hands. "I like it. A lot," I winked, and he grinned.
"I do too."
"YOU like being a...missus?" I joked - I mean, come on. He had walked right into that one.
"Alright, smarty...I like being your hubby. That better?"
I laughed. "Much better."
He gave me a gentle stare, and my heart squeezed.
In a moment, I got embarrrassed because I realized I was staring back, an earlier urge to kiss him resurfacing, and I cleared my throat and darted my eyes away.
"So, uhmm...." I trailed off.
He noticed my discomfort, and chuckled. "You don't have to be embarrassed. We're married and we're not doing anything inappropriate."
"Okay," I said before I pulled him into a kiss.
He returned it, but when he pulled away, his face was absolutely beet red. I laughed through my nose.
"Surprised much?"
"Actually, yes," he chuckled. "I wasn't expecting it.  Not that I didn't enjoy it, though." 
I giggled, thinking again about how glad I was to be with him again. 
"I'm so glad you didn't give up on me," I sighed, my heart squeezing as I remembered that just days before, we hadn't been 'together'.
"I knew you were too precious to give up on," he told me. I could tell he wasn't being cocky or teasing, because he was gazing at me with such an honest and tender expression on his face.
"I just wish I would've realized how much you meant to me, before I messed up." I said, biting my lip as I thought about it.
"Hey. You didn't mess up, babe. If anything, it made us closer," he whispered, stroking one of my cheeks with his thumb before he pushed the hair out of my face.
I leaned over him to gave him a kiss on the cheek, and then I snuggled under the blankets, curled up on my side, and slung an arm across his chest.
"Good night," I told him.
"Night, sweetie," he told me before he wrapped me in his arms and held me close until I fell asleep.

At least...until I woke up again. And couldn't go back to sleep.
I didn't want to just lay around, unable to go to sleep, so I carefully slipped away from him and stood, making sure the covers stayed over him. When he stayed asleep, I crept over, fumbled around in the drawer below our shelf, pulled out the iPod, and typed this post.

And as I typed the last sentence, he just woke up, so I suppose I should try to get back to sleep before he wonders what's up! xD

2 comments: