Thursday, December 5, 2013

Snow Day (=

For the second day of our honeymoon, we got together with Anna and Kristoff to go outside.
It had snowed last week, and there was still at least six inches of snow -- actually, it was still snowing!  So we got Tangled Fan to take us out.  She set us on the grill and let us be for awhile.

As soon as we were set down, Eugene looked at his boots with remorse. 
I quirked a brow and looked down as  well. 
The snow came up past the tops of his boots.
"Snow down your boots, eh?"  I asked. 
"Mmhmm."  He shivered, and I giggled. 
"You'll get used to it...my boots are already nasty inside," I reassured him.
He scrunched his face up and picked each of his feet up in turn.  I grinned and reached to kiss his nose. With a chuckle, he pulled me close to his side. "Hmm..I'm feeling a bit warmer already." 
Anna laughed at our antics, and then bent to scoop up some snow. 
"Umm...Eugene?  I think you want to duck right about now."  I warned him, eying up Anna as I scooped some snow up as well, forming a ball. 
She was focused on making a huge snowball, so I threw my own snowball at her while she was bent over. 
It went right down the back of her shirt. 
"Ohhhhh!!!"  She shrieked, snapping upright.  "Who threw that?!"
Everyone pointed to me. 
She, attempting to appear mad, stomped over with her handful of snow, managing to jam it down the back of my own shirt.  I was laughing so hard!  I shook away from her and squirmed in discomfort over the snow.  She giggled, starting to get another snowball ready. 
"Ohh no you don't," I said, ducking behind Eugene.  "Save me!"  I squeaked. 
He laughed.  "You started it, hon." 
"Gee, thanks," I said sarcastically, giving him a playful shove.  He shoved me back, and I almost fell into the snow.  He grabbed my arm and hauled me back upright before I could, though, apologizing...even though his eyes were dancing with laughter. 
I grinned and glanced towards Kristoff.  He was standing off to the side quietly, and was either looking nervous or was trying to keep quiet so Anna wouldn't go after him.
 



Unfortunately, Anna followed my glance.  With a sneaky grin, she whirled around and threw the snowball at him.  He backed up, tripped over his own feet, and fell into the snow with an 'oof!'. 
We all laughed, and Anna just cackled.
"Hey.  A little help over  here, miss snow princess."  Kristoff called. 
She laughed harder.  "I'm not the snow princess!  That's my sister." 
"Well, she's the queen, so you're...oh, just get over here!"   He laughed, and Anna giggled, giving in to help pull him up. 
"Thanks..." he mumbled something else, and nobody heard him.  The poor guy's face was beet red. 
"Huh?"  Anna asked him. 
"Love you." 
She gasped.  He looked away from her and his cheeks flamed even redder.  Anna looked like she could either cry or punch him  for surprising her. 
I grinned and glanced up at Eugene, remembering when he'd told me the same thing for the first time.  He gave me a one-armed hug, winking. 
I watched them, waiting for what Anna was going to say. 
"I-I..well, I love you too, then!"  Anna said.  "And THIS is for surprising me!"  She added, giving him a shove hard enough to knock him back down. 
"Hey!"  He exclaimed, surprised. 
"Oops!  Sorry, sorry," she told him as she helped him up..again. 
I giggled at Anna's antics.  Until Eugene grabbed me from behind and tickled me, totally out of the blue.  Shrieking, I jumped and yanked away from my hubby, whirling around to give him a surprised stare.  But then I stumbled and almost fell off of the grill.  I managed to catch myself, though, and Eugene grabbed my arm, hauling me back up.
"Thanks," I laughed, brushing at the snow on my shirt and skirt.  While I was bent, brushing at my skirt, I scooped up some snow.  Popping back upright, I creamed my hubby in the face with it. 
"Hey!  Not nice."  He looked towards Anna.  "Do you think we need to....oh, I dunno...inundate my wife with snowballs?" 
I gasped.  "You wouldn't.  Neither of you would." 
"Hmm.  I think we should."  Anna took a step towards me, grinning teasingly.
I noticed Kristoff hadn't agreed to do anything.  "Kris!  Save me!"  I called. 
"Think I'm gonna have to side with Anna and Eugene this time," he said, bending down to get a handful of snow. 
I half groaned, half giggled as I hurried to hide behind Anna, putting my hands on her shoulders and keeping close behind her so at least she couldn't nab me with the huge, hard snowballs that she makes.
"No cheating!"  Anna told me, quickly ducking away from me so she could whirl around and throw the snowball at me.
Unfortunately for her, the guys saw her start to duck away, and they took their opportunities to throw at me too.  Just as she straightened, she got hit in the back of the head with two snowballs. 
"Oops." 
"Sorry!"
We both turned to look at the guys.  Eugene had averted his gaze towards the sky; and Kristoff was giving my friend a sheepish, yet very un-sorry grin. 
"Okay.  Get them."  Anna told me. 
"Sounds like a plan," I agreed. 

When we finally went back in, we were all freezing, and covered in snow.  I couldn't feel my toes at ALL....and dolls should be able to feel their toes!
Tangled Fan gave us a couple of towels and put us back in her room on the floor by the door, and we all sat on the towels until we dried off somewhat.  By the time we got back to our shelves, we were all tired, and it was completely dark. 
"We'll see you guys another day," I told Anna and Kris, giving Anna a quick hug. 
"What, I don't get one, too?"  Kris asked, and I laughed.
Anna gave him a one-armed hug.  "I'll give you one." 
We all laughed, and then Eugene and I went into our shelf. 
Pascal met us just inside the shelf, and I scooped him up, cuddling him to my cheek for a minute. 
"Hey, buddy!"  I exclaimed, grinning.  He gave a happy little squeak, but then caught sight of Eugene.  He launched himself from my hands, and landed right on Eugene's shoulder.  "Whoa, I guess he likes you!"  I giggled in surprise.  It's bad when a chameleon has more gracefulness than a Disney princess doll...!
He scooped him up off of his shoulder, chuckling, and then I left to get out of my still-damp clothes and to brush my messy hair. 

When I was done, I spread out our blankets.  Eugene came over and hugged me from behind while I was doing so. 
"What?"  I asked, grinning and tipping my head to look up at him. 
"Nothing," he said, giving me that adorable grin of his.  "Love you." 
"Love you too," I laughed, pulling away so I could finish. 
When the blankets had been spread out, Eugene and I went to bed.  When I sat down, I glanced towards the chair.  Pascal was getting settled down in his chair again. 
"Hey, Pascal!  C'mere, buddy!"  I said, patting the blankets.  "Don't you wanna cuddle over here?  It's cold over there, I bet!" 
Nope. 
He tucked himself up into a neat little ball, rolled me a sideways glance, and then squeezed his eyes shut.
I turned towards Eugene.  "Yup.  He definitely likes the chair more than me," I laughed. 
He chuckled.  "Well...you can always cuddle with me." 
Laughing, I punched his arm jokingly.  "Jealous of a chameleon, Eugene?  Seriously?" 
"Possibly."  He flopped down onto his back, and I rolled my eyes. 
"You're pathetic." I giggled, laying down after I tossed the blankets up over us, and then I draped my arm around his chest, laying my head on his shoulder. 
He laughed through his nose and wrapped an arm around me, stroking my hair.  'So, did you have fun today?" 
"Mmhmm," I said, smiling into his shoulder.  "Thanks for coming with, this time.  Even though I know you weren't a fan!"
He chuckled. "Snow is not my most favorite thing in the world, but it was worth it, cause I was able to spend the day with ya." 
I melted a little bit at that.  "Hmm." 
"So...do you think Anna enjoyed her day much?"  He asked, after a couple of seconds of silence. 
I laughed. "Oh, yeah.  But don't you think they're going a bit fast?  I dunno.  It might just be me.  They've only known each other for a couple of weeks, though!" 
"Yeah.  But just think....  We'd only known each other for a few weeks when I finally told you...even though I felt that way a lot sooner." 
Well, there was that.  "True.  I guess they're not rushing, then...just me being weird!"
He chuckled.  "Well, as long as they don't get engaged tomorrow.  Which...with those two, I wouldn't be surprised.  Anna's pretty quick to decide stuff, and Kris is as bad as she is." 
I nodded.  "Well...we rushed a bit when it came to the transition from engagement to marriage, so I guess I shouldn't judge."
"Our circumstances were different, though.  And we would've been engaged a bit earlier if we hadn't have..you know.  Gotten sick and broken up."  He made an excuse. 
I suppressed a yawn, snuggling up a bit closer to him. He adjusted his arm accordingly, nuzzling my hair.  "I'm glad we're married, though." 
"Me, too."  He chuckled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment