Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Concerns and a day out for the first time in a lonnng time!! =D

Happy New Year (Rather, New Year's Eve.. :P), everyone! (=
Ever since Christmas, I've been a bit worried about Anna and Elsa.  I know I shouldn't worry about their own business, but I can't help myself -- they're my friends, and I don't want them to be upset!

So this morning, I was talking it over with Eugene.  Being the doting person he is, he sat and listened to every worry I had. 
"Well....I think it's kind of you to be concerned for them, of course, but just don't poke your nose into anything you can't get back out of, okay?  Those two are volatile, and I wouldn't want to make either of them mad.  Especially Anna."  He half-joked, giving me a grin. 
I laughed.  "I know.  I just...I suppose I shouldn't worry about them, but I just can't help it!" 
He nodded, getting an unreadable expression on his face. 
When I asked him what the matter was, he simply stood up, reaching his hand out to me. "C'mon." 
"Where are we going?"  I asked, quirking a brow as I took his hand and stood.
"For a walk.  You seem like you need to go for a walk," he told me, giving me a smile.
I gave him a broad grin, immediately excited at his idea.  "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" 
He chuckled as we headed off of the dresser.  "Only about fifty times." As he said this, he snagged the iPod from the drawer.
Giggling and giddy to get going - we hadn't gone on a walk in I don't know how long! - I tugged on his hand and led him quickly to the floor. 
On our way down, we came across the tiny Loki doll.  I gave him a quick grin and a hello, to which he just sneered.  I'll win him over someday!

When we got to the floor, Eugene set the iPod down, and we just wandered for awhile.  We chatted about anything and everything, between the first time we met and our future.  If I as much as spoke up about Anna or Elsa, my hubby quickly redirected my thoughts towards something else. 
In the afternoon, we swung back to where the iPod was. He stopped walking and snagged my hand, turning me around to look at him.

"What?"  I asked, smiling shyly as soon as I saw that award-winning grin spread across his features.
Suddenly, he seemed to remember what he was going to do, and his face went red.  He ducked his head towards his feet for a moment, before peeking back up at me in a hilariously cute manner.
"I-I was wondering if you wanted to...uh...dance."  He paused, and then he acted as if he had to explain himself.  "I...just thought it might be something different, and...but..if you don't want to, I can understand why, and-"

I laughed, putting my arms around his neck. "I'd love to."
With another killer grin, he pulled away long enough to turn the iPod onto some music, and then we danced through several songs.
To my surprise, he was a LOT better at dancing....tons better than the last time we'd danced, on our wedding day. We even attempted to recreate the "Kingdom Dance" from our movie...which didn't turn out too well... =P


Like when we tried to catch each other like at the end of the song in the movie...


And when I tried to hook Eugene by the arm..and missed...


...And when we bumped into each other for the 7908th time. :P


By the time we were done dancing, it was dark on the floor.  We headed up to sit on the window for awhile, but since the sky was heavily laden with clouds, we didn't stay there for long. 
When we got back to the shelf, I was flat-out exhausted. 
As soon as we stepped back onto the shelf, Pascal hopped off of my shoulder (he'd barely survived our Kingdom Dance attempts :P ), launched himself at the wicker chair...plopped down, tucked his tail over his nose...and went to sleep. 
I giggled quietly, gesturing towards him, and Eugene chuckled. 
"Tuckered out from all the walking he didn't do," he said quietly, and I flat-out laughed. 
"Mmhm.  Well, it's tiring, almost getting launched off of someone's shoulder...repeatedly." 
He grinned, and I smothered a yawn.  Noticing my yawn, he suggested we head to bed....and I didn't complain. 
As I spread out the blankets, a fleeting thought crossed my mind. 
What would life be like once we adopted and started a family?  Would we ever go on our walks again after that?  I thought up other things and gnawed on them for awhile. 
After I'd unbraided my hair, brushed it out, and changed into my nightie, I admitted my thoughts to Eugene. 
He gave me a patient smile the second I said 'adopt', as if he knew what I was going to say.  Was I that predictable?!
When I finished my quick speech, he touched my side, but he didn't answer me at first.  Then, he just bent to give me a quick little kiss. 
"C'mere." 
I followed him to sit down in bed, and then he answered me. 
"I was just thinking about the same thing.  Don't worry...we won't grow apart after we start a family - I won't let us.  And we'll keep our walks.  After all, us going for walks together was what brought us together!  When we go for walks, I always remember our walks when we were just-"
"Starting to fall head over heels?"  I broke him off, grinning. 
He gave me a smitten sort of smile before he nodded.  "Mhm. And I'm sure we'll think of something.  We have plennnnty of time before we talk to Tangled Fan about adoption, right?  Unless you were planning on it already - I mean, we haven't even been married for quite a month." 
Wow.  Noo, I wasn't planning on adopting yet!!  "Oh, goodness - no, I don't want to adopt quite yet.  But..you know, for when we do in the future.  I was just being weird and overly-worrisome," I said. 
He winked.  "You're not being weird..I was just half-worrying about the same thing."
I realized he was trying to be all tough and not admit he had been worrying about anything.  Giggling, I gave him a playful shove.  "Yeah, yeah...half-worrying...sure." 
He chuckled.  "I know.  You got me." 
Flopping over backwards, he half sighed, half yawned, and then I tossed the blankets over both of us before I curled up.  He was quiet for a couple of minutes, and I thought he'd gone to sleep already, but then he started stroking my hair.  I grinned to myself, and then he told me to c'mere again....so I didn't hesitate when he stretched an arm out so I could tuck myself a bit closer to him, sprawling an arm across his chest and resting my head on his shoulder.  He put his arm around me and pulled me as close to him as he could. 
"Did you enjoy your walk  today?"  He asked quietly. 
Grinning into his shoulder, I nodded.  "Thank you.  I loved it..."
"Me too," he told me...and I was content for a couple of seconds, until another question popped into my mind. 
"How did you learn how to dance so well?  Last month...." I broke off short of telling him he had been horrible at dancing.
He laughed.  "This might sound silly, but I searched on the iPod and tried to teach myself, as a surprise to you.  Anytime we weren't together, I'd be practicing." 
I flopped onto my belly so I could look at his face.  "Seriously?!" 
Chuckling, he nodded.  "Silly, I know." 
"No, no, no..that's not what I meant.  I'm just surprised you did that.  I mean, I could've taught you if you had asked, instead of going through all that, and I'm sure it wasn't easy-"
He laughed through his nose. "Then it wouldn't have been a surprise.  And, well, it was well worth it...at least, I thought so.  I saw your face light up more and more when I didn't stomp all over your feet through the first song."
I gave him a sheepish grin.  "I was surprised.  It was a good surprised, though!  Thank you." 
I reached to kiss the tip of his nose, and he gave me that special grin before telling me good night and that he loved me...as was custom every night.  I returned it, and then curled up under the blankets, feeling my various, and probably unnecessary, worries slip away when he tightened his arm around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment