Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Read the Day Away.. (:

This morning, I woke up at eight; even though I hadn't gotten much sleep last night.  I was curled up on my side, facing him, and my hubby was still asleep.  His arm was draped loosely around me, though, so I tried not to move very much.  Which is hard.  It seems like when you try to be still...you keep getting itchy or squirming... =D
After a few minutes, though, he woke up.  He stretched, groaning, and I watched him with a grin.  He turned to look at me, and promptly rolled onto his side, facing me. 
"Hmmm...what a gorgeous sight to wake up to," he told me, and I laughed, my face getting red. 
"Good morning to you, too."  I laughed. 
He put a hand on my side.  "So...what does my stunning, gorgeous, sweet-"
"Eugene.  Spit it out, please," I asked, my face getting horribly red.  I wasn't used to this much attention. 
"-wife want to do today?"  He finished with a chuckle.  "You don't have to get all embarrassed, you know...we're married, so we're not being inappropriate and honey, you need to get used to getting compliments, because I'm gonna give 'em to you."  He winked, cupping my chin in his hand.
I laughed.  "I know..it's just weird.  Just remember that I haven't been exposed to that kind of stuff for the past  three years, till I met you." 
"Which means I need to shower you with compliments, to make up for what nobody else would tell you-"
"No-o-o-o....it means-" I started to playfully argue. 
He pulled me close and into a kiss before I could continue. 
I grinned and returned it, and when I pulled away, he gave me a grin.
"Mmmaybe I can get used to it," I winked, and he laughed quietly. 
"But you never answered my question, darling." 
I laughed at his use of 'darling' as I wrinkled my nose...I don't know why, but I just feel weird when he calls me 'darling'.  Anyway.  "Wellll....since I can hear the wind howling, it's probably too chilly on the floor to walk around for any length of time, so maybe we could just sit and read?  It really doesn't matter to me...I just want to be with you." 
"Reading sounds like an awesome idea.  So, how did you sleep last night?  You seemed to toss and turn quite a bit." 
I shrugged my one shoulder.  "I didn't wake you, did I?  Sorry...I was up and down quite a bit, yes.  It was probably because it's a strange place." 
"Nah, you didn't keep me up.  Was everything okay?"  
"Yeah - like I said, it's probably because it's your shelf and not my usual." 
He nodded.  "Understandable." 
I sighed, content, and he asked what was up. 
"I just never even thought that I'd be blessed enough to spend the rest of my life with ya, that's all.  Hoped, yes; dreamed, definitely...figured, no."
He chuckled, pulling me tight up against him.  "Same goes for you, sweet girl.  We're a couple of goofs, you know that?" 
"Mhm."  I agreed, pulling him into another quick kiss.
When our lips parted, I glanced around, wondering if Pascal was still on the chair. 
He was.  =D
"Pascal is STILL on that chair....!" I laughed in surprise. 
"Oh, yeah.  He loves that chair.  He moped around on it a lot when...y'know.  But he liked it before, too." 
I sighed at the mention of that stupid breakup.  "I'm sorry." 
He kissed my hair and put his arm securely around me.  "It's fine.  I love you,"
I said it back to him, and we just stayed like that for a little while.  Eventually, though, Eugene cleared his throat.  I pulled away and sat up, stretching. 
"I suppose we should get moving, huh?"  I asked. 
"Yeeeeahhh...I guess."  He chuckled, giving me a tender gaze. 
"My hair's a mess, isn't it?"  I laughed awkwardly, trying to make conversation.  "Welcome to what I look like in the morning.  A trainwreck." 
He chuckled.  "You're a pretty gorgeous trainwreck, if you're a trainwreck.  You don't look bad at all.  Actually, I'm glad I get to see this every morning." 
I rolled my eyes.  "Oh, yeah right!" 
"I am!  To me -- and don't take this the wrong way, because you ARE beautiful on the outside, too-- but to me, beauty lies on the inside.  And your eyes are the most innocent and beautiful eyes I've ever seen.  Oh, and that smile --yeah, that one RIGHT THERE!"  He broke off as I smiled shyly at the mention of my eyes.  "You're just breathtaking." 
I laughed.  "I don't think so, but you're so sweet.  Though, you might be laying on the compliments a bit too much..."  I winked.
He reached to give me a quick one-armed hug.  "M'kay...now...go get dressed or whatever so we can start our first full day as husband and wife.  Otherwise, I'll probably go on to list everything else I like about you, and that may take all week."
I giggled, giving him a quick hug in return before I stood up.  "Love you." 

After I'd dressed in my regular purple dress, and brushed and braided my hair, I stepped out from behind the lamp.  Eugene gave me that grin of his as soon as he saw me. 
"Soo...you still want to read today?"
"If you want to, I'm all for it!"  I exclaimed...maybe a bit too enthusiastically :D 
He chuckled.  "M'kay.  I think Tangled Fan left a book on her dresser over by the shelf.  Why don't you stay here and stay warm?  You didn't get much sleep and it'll be a long walk, plus it'll be chilly on the floor." 
I was immediately concerned.  I was scared to let him go alone, especially since he would be climbing up and down on stuff  by himself.  Nobody would know if he fell and hurt himself.  I was especially concerned, ever since he'd fallen with the alarm clock.  "I can come with you," I said. 
"You don't want to go down on the floor, do you?   Trust me, it'll be COLD."  He told me. 
I knew that.  "But um..."
"It won't take me long," he told me. 
I didn't want to show my concern, because I figured I was being over-protective or whatever.  I wrapped my arms around myself and nodded, biting my lip a second before I hurried over to him and gave him a hug.  "Just stay safe, okay?"  I mumbled into his shoulder. 
He sighed and gently put his arms around me.  "I see.  You're worried that I'll fall, right?" 
I didn't answer, not willing to admit my concern. 
He planted a kiss in my hair.  "Don't worry, my dear.  I'll be righhttt  back, okay?  I don't want you trying to climb up and down stuff when you're tired." 
I guess he did have a point...I was probably just being weird.  He held me close until I pulled away, giving him a small smile.  "Okay.  How long do you think it'll be?" 
"Half an hour or so," he told me promptly. 
"Okay.  If you take thirty-one minutes, I'm starting a search party."  I joked.  Kind of. 
He put his hands on my shoulders and winked.  "Or maybe I'll take the long route, take my sweet time..."
"Don't.  You.  Dare."  I growled. 
He laughed.  "I won't, hon.  I'll see you in a bit!" 
"'Kay," I told him, giving him one more quick hug before he left. 
When I was alone, I went over, scooped up Pascal, who was still on his chair, and curled up in the chair, settling Pascal into my lap. 

Next I remember, I was getting covered up with one of the blankets.  I blinked, yawning, and looked up to see Eugene giving me a gentle stare. 
"Go back to sleep," he whispered, setting a hand on my shoulder. 
I muffled another yawn as I spoke. "H-how long've you been back?" 
"Just a couple seconds - long enough to cover you up.  Sorry,"  he told me. 
I stood up and reached to kiss his jaw, and as I did so, he pulled me snug to him.  "So...my darling, I kind of have something I wanted to tell you.  I was going to do this yesterday during our wedding, but I didn't want to say it in front of everyone."
I grinned at him, putting my arms loosely around his neck.  "Mhm?" 
"Well..I just...want you to know that through thick and thin, arguments, or whatever, I promise I'll be here for you.  And if you're upset about something...tell me.  No matter how silly you think it is."
I grinned, wondering what had suddenly urged him to tell me this.  But I still appreciated him telling me this.
"Okay," I told him, grinning, and then we sat and read the day away.  (:

No comments:

Post a Comment