Tuesday, January 14, 2014

1/13/14 and Today....Which was HORRIBLE.

(A quick note...sorry for the lack of pictures.  Blogger's been stupid about uploading pictures and I don't know why..UGH! But anyway.  Onto the post.) 

Yesterday was a LONG day.  After our weekend alone (well, with the exception of the two visits from Zelia), we headed back to the shelf.  
Back to the old grind. 

But something had changed.  Several things, in fact.  Everyone was dead silent and it was so tense up on the dresser that I wondered who would blow first.  Even Hans looked furious.  For Hans, that was something new.  He was normally a happy go lucky kind of guy! 
So, eventually I dragged Elsa and Zelia aside. 
"Spill it.  What on earth happened this weekend?"  I asked, glancing over my shoulder at Anna. 
Zelia rolled her eyes.  "She's been a..a Nazi.  You thought I was bad?  Hah!  And then Piper told Hans that she never was interested in him.  She dumped him and left him hanging.  The whole problem was that he had just PROPOSED to her!"
I gasped, and Elsa nodded.  "It wasn't pretty. There was a fight, him having a fit, as was kind of warranted, after THAT being dropped on him.  Piper flew back into him, and then her sister got into it with BOTH of them.  Kristoff tried to break it up, but they ended up ganging up on HIM and freaking on HIM, which made ANNA get into it, and ....yeah.  Zelia and I beat a hasty retreat when Punzie worked her way into the argument, too.  That all happened around ten last night."
I shook my head in amazement.  "Wow.  That's...I can't believe that.  And I can't belive Piper could do such a thing to Hans!" 
Elsa and Zelia nodded, and then Elsa gave me a calculating look.  "How are you...after you found it out?" 
"I'm fine, I mean, I feel horrible for Hans, but-"  I said, confused. 
"Noo, no no.  I mean...after you found out Zelia's your sister?  Zelia told me." 
"OH!"  I exclaimed, embarrassed.  "It's...it was interesting, anyway.  But I'm glad she told me and that she's trying to change." 
"If you're mushy about it, I'll be a jerk again," Zelia threatened, and I laughed. 
"Yeah, sure."  I told her.  "You don't scare me!" 
She laughed quietly, and Elsa grinned. 
But then Anna noticed us. 
"Ohh, great.  Trouble number one, two, and three are back together."  She said, a mite loud. 
I sidled past Elsa and Zelia and tipped my head up, trying to stand tall.  "Anna, please." 
"Please what?"  Her tone of voice was taunting, and I knew she was trying to pick a fight. 
I wanted to ream her out for trying to start a fight, but I knew that that would be giving her what she wanted. 
I rolled my eyes and walked away from her.  I went to go stand with Eugene, but she dogged after me. 
"C'mon.  Tell me!  Go ahead!  Or are you too chicken to do it?"  She asked. 
That was it. 
I whirled around, nearly slamming into her, she was so close behind me. 
"ANNA!"  I yelled. "Knock.  It.  Off.  You KNOW what!"  I shook my finger in her face, and her eyes narrowed in anger.
I felt two hands grab me from behind, and I yanked away to see Kristoff, who was trying to pull me away from Anna, most likely. 
"And YOU get away from me!"  I growled, even though I grew slightly on edge about Kristoff's behavior.  I know he was just overprotective of his girl, but geez! 
"Leave Anna be."  Kristoff said in a quiet, yet angry tone.  Fear suddenly clamped my stomach, and I shoved past him, rushing off of the dresser to the floor.   I needed some time alone. 
But as soon as my feet hit the floor, I wondered about Eugene.  I'd rushed past him in my hurry to get away before I either started fighting or crying.  Indecisive as to if I should return, I just sat down up against the dresser and thought for a minute.  Ultimately deciding that my husband was fine and not a completely helpless individual, I stood up and started walking, originally planning to get the iPod and listen to music. 
Halfway across the room, I heard rapid footsteps coming my way.  Surprised, I turned to see who it was. 
Eugene.  Of course.  I saw his expression of pure worry and fear on his face as his running slowed, only stopping when he was close enough to touch me. 
"A-are you okay?  What'd I do wrong?"  He asked, looking as if he wanted to touch me but was half afraid. 
Huh? 
My brows furrowed in confusion.  "I'm fine, hon.  You didn't do anything wrong, I...I just needed to leave before I either started a fight or started crying."  I reassured him. 
His face relaxed.  "I guess you didn't hear me try to stop you as you went past me, then?" 
I gasped.  He'd tried to stop me?  Gosh, couldn't I stop being a dork?!  "I am so sorry!  No, I didn't hear you.  I'm sorr-"
"It's fine," he chuckled.  "Why don't we walk for a bit?" 
"You're probably tired from all the walking we did earlier.  And it's starting to get dark," I told him, but he shook his head. 
"Trust me.  I'd rather be dead tired and walking than be up there right now," he laugh - groaned.  I giggled in agreement, and started walking.  He meandered along beside me, brushing his hand up against mine.  I quickly snagged it before he could move away, and he chuckled.  We walked in companionable silence for awhile, and headed  back to the shelf after we were sure everyone was asleep. 
When we crept back up to the shelf and sidled over to our designated sleeping spot, I started getting a mite uncomfortable as I thought about Kristoff.  His new tendancy to act out impulsively when Anna was involved with anything scared me, quite frankly. 
I didn't bother with brushing out my hair or getting into my nightie, I just collapsed down on my side, dramatically, and groaned quietly, not looking forward to tomorrow. 
Eugene chuckled before he flopped down as well.  "Tomorrow?" 
"Tomorrow."  I said quietly, grinning to myself when I realized he knew my dismay was to waking up tomorrow and having to deal with THEM again.  "It's been a month, for goodness' sake!  You'd think that they all could have worked out their differences by now!  Something's gotta give.  And...to be honest?  Kristoff's kind of worrying me.  Y'know?"  I'd actually chosen to lay on my side so my back wasn't turned towards EITHER of them. 
He was quiet for a couple of minutes, but then whispered for me to 'c'mere'.
I hesitated to turn my back, but I did anyway.  He pulled me up close to his side, and I rest my head on his chest.  "They'll work something out sooner or later, I hope.  And yeah, I agree with you on Kris.  Don't worry about yourself, though.  After his little scene this evening, I will do anything possible to keep ya safe, okay?  I don't think he'd turn agressive, but still.  Don't worry." 
"Not okay," I told him.  "If he can do something to me, he can do something to you." 
He chuckled quietly. "Like I said...don't worry, hon.  Okay?" 
"M'kay..." I sighed, pulling the blanket up over my shoulder and resting a hand beside my head.  A couple minutes later, he stroked the hair out of my face, so I looked up to see his face.  "What?" 
He had an adoring grin on his face, which he tried to hide when I looked up.  "Nothin'." 
I rolled my eyes at him jokingly.  "Well...do you think we should talk to Hans tomorrow?  He seemed like he needed a buddy today." 
"Yup.  Sounds like a plan," he told me, winking.  I nestled a bit closer to him and he tightened his arm around my shoulders accordingly, resting his hand on my head.  For some odd reason, that  just made me feel a lot safer.  I know I'm just being silly, but...ugh. 

I wish we would've stayed asleep this morning. 
When I woke up, I was in a pretty good mood, and Eugene was already up, quietly stroking my hair.
"Morning, babe," he gave me that special grin of his and cupped my cheek in his hand.
"Morning," I grinned.  "What's up?" 
"Why don't we head out early, before THEY are up, anddd watch movies or something on Tangled Fan's laptop?  I can go out and ask her if we can," he told me. 
I gave him a wide smile.  "Ohh, yes.  Definitely."  I grinned, reaching to kiss him before I stood up, helping him up while I was at it.  Tangled Fan was still in the room, fortunately, so he just had to go to the bed to talk to her. 
Unfortunately, when I was waiting,....EVERYONE got up.  EVERYONE. 
When Eugene came back, he said Tangled Fan would have to do something on her computer, but then she would let us have it for the day, and would also bring some DVD's back for us. 
While we waited...
Anna, Kristoff, Eugene, and I got into a bit of a spat. Hah. BIT of a spat? Make that a big spat.
Anna was being the usual snob she's been anymore, towards both me and Elsa.  Soon as she woke up, she found something not-so-nice to say. While I'd gotten used to it, I hated to see Elsa building a wall around herself in the manner she was (metaphorically), just because of her sister's nastiness. So...I stood up for her.
About five minutes of exchanging words, Kristoff sided with Anna, as always.
"Back off. Both of you are treating Anna-"
"WE'RE treating Anna poorly? Oh, that's perfect," I snorted sarcastically.
"I don't get what YOUR problem against me is!" Anna yelled at me, her face growing beet red with anger.
"There wouldn't be a problem, if you'd stop being-"
"I am not being anything, Rapunzel! Get it through your thick plastic head, okay? It's NOT me being the jerk!" Anna was yelling so loudly by now that I was surprised Tangled Fan wasn't coming back.
Kristoff took a couple of actually menacing steps towards me. His face was like a dark cloud. I'd never seen him this furious before...he was normally really shy and reserved.
And then I realized how big he was. He could snap me like a twig! And I also noticed how close to the edge of the dresser we all were.
"Get away from me, you huge bully," I growled, so scared I couldn't get my legs to move. His face darkened even more, and I realized how offensive I must have been to him.
Eugene noticed, too. He stepped between me and Kris. "Guys...maybe we all need to-"
Kristoff made his move.
Eugene tried to back up, to step away, and to pull me to safety while he did so.
But just as Kristoff swung to punch Eugene, his boots stumbled onto the edge of the dresser. He had ahold of my arm, so I locked my hand on his forearm, trying to drag him away from it.
But no. Kristoff's punch, as he was blind with anger, connected with its target. Eugene and I both fell.
I managed to grab one of the drawer handles, and I tried desperately to keep ahold of Eugene, who must have been unconscious, or dazed by the punch. I tried...I tried so hard...but his arm slipped away from my hand, and he fell.
I screamed, praying he would land on something that would keep him from getting hurt. Seconds later, I heard him hit the linoleum floor with a hard crack.
I felt like I was going to throw up. Once more, I'd been the cause of him falling. But this time, it was higher up.
I scrambled, trying to get down, and ended up half tumbling, half climbing down the face of the dresser.
Just as I got to the ground, Tangled Fan burst through the door.
"What on earth is going --" she broke off as she saw Eugene.
"H...he-"
"You don't have to explain anything. He looks bad....I'm going to take him to check him out. I'll be-"
"No. Take me, too...please. I need to...I just need to go, okay?" I sobbed as I saw my unconscious husband.
She hesitated, but then she scooped me up and took me with her and Eugene.
Taking us out of her room and down to the 'craft room', she examined Eugene. I paced on the desk nervously. I didn't even have Pascal with me - but oh good grief. What kind of a wife am I, to even be thinking about him, when my husband was badly hurt?!
Ugh... I just can't believe this happened.  I'm so scared.  Right now, he's still out, and I don't know what Tangled Fan's final report is going to be.  She finished checking over him, but all she said was she would let me know later about what was going on.  I'll keep you all updated....

No comments:

Post a Comment