Saturday, January 11, 2014

An, Ah...Interesting Revelation...Part 2.

Read part 1 HERE...otherwise, you'll be confused.  Trust me. 
Today, I woke up late with my face buried in Eugene's shoulder.  He was slowly stroking my hair, so I sighed and lifted my head to look at him.  We were both sitting up, and I was on his lap, so we must've fallen asleep sitting up last night. 
"Hey, beautiful girl," he told me quietly, and I gave him a small smile.  "Feeling better this morning?" 
"Hmmh..." I sighed.  "I guess.  I'm not bawling, am I?"
"That's good," he chuckled.  "I'm sorry, sweetheart." 
"Like I'm pretty sure I said before..it's fine," I told him.
"What's on the  agenda for today?"  He asked, stretching his arms out.
I watched him and couldn't help the small grin that lifted the corners of my mouth.  "I dunno.  I think it's one of those 'sit-and-chill' days." 
He caught me grinning and winked in return.  "Sounds like an excellent plan, m'lady," 
I giggled, and he kissed my forehead before wrapping me up loosely in his arms.
He proceeded to hold me a tender gaze, and I promptly felt stupid for ever doubting him. 
"I'm sorry for-"
"It's fine," he told me, "and don't be sorry.  You  were right to be worried." 
He pulled me close to him, so I buried my face into his shoulder and breathed in his familiar scent for  a few moments; until he heaved a huge sigh. 
"What?"  I asked, pulling away enough to look up at him. 
"I still can't believe I was dumb enough to keep it from you," he admitted.
"Don't be.  What's done is done, now I know, and I also know now that you wouldn't keep secrets from me.  Or at least, I really hope so." 
He gave me a pleased look, so I snuggled closer to him and he held me tight. 
Until he cleared his throat a few minutes later.  "I have been hiding something from you, though." 
Alarmed, I jerked away from him and gave him a horrified stare.  My heart thundered in fear.  "What?!" 
My heart sped up, but then I caught his gaze.  A warmth spread over me as I caught that adorable grin of his.
He put his forehead up against mine and whispered how much he loved me.  I gave him a shy smile.
"Hmm...well...I don't mind that.  And...it wasn't much of a secret, you know." 
"Oh, really?"  His grin turned impish and he reached to tickle me. 
"Hey! Knock it off!!"  I squealed, squirming to get away from his tickling hand.  I gave him a shove, and then he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me in as close as I could get to him.  I laughed, exasperated, and he gave me a quick peck on the nose.  I put an arm around his neck, and buried my face in his shoulder for a couple of seconds. 
Until I thought I heard someone calling my name. 
I pulled away, but Eugene tried to bring me back into him. 
"Wait."  I whispered, staring blankly at him as I waited to hear it again. 
There it was!
"Zelia?"  Eugene whispered, and I gave him a horrified look, jerking away and half tumbling, half sliding off his lap. 
"What?"  I called.  "You can come up here if you want." 
She did, looking quite awkward.  I pulled my legs up to my chest and gave her a small smile. 
"I wasn't interrupting anything, was I?"  She asked.
I shook my head.  "What's up?" 
"I-I was just wondering if you wanted to go for a...walk today?" 
My eyes widened in surprise.  And dread.  "Um...I don't think we were planning anything, so I suppose we could."  I turned to Eugene and put a hand on his shoulder.  "Is that fine?" 
"Yeah," he told me.
"If you don't want to.." she trailed off, giving me an out, but then I saw the disappointed expression on her face. 
"We'll go - no problem!" I reassured her.  "What time?" 
"Ten?" 
"What time's it now?"  I asked. 
"Nine-thirty," she told me, glancing at the alarm clock over on the deck.
"Okay.  I'll meet you on the deck at ten!" I told her. 
She gave me  a cautious smile and then left. 
I flopped backwards with a dramatic air...and suceeded in not only slamming myself up against my poor hubby's shoulder, but I also cracked my head off of his. 
"Oh my gosh!"  I gasped, jerking away and turning towards him.  "I am sooo sorry!  Are you okay?  Oh my gosh.."
He was rubbing at his head, so I took his hand away from the spot he was rubbing, so I could see it. 
"I'm fine," he told me, but he winced when I touched the spot on his head. 
"Um, I don't think you are.  I'm going to get Tangled Fa-"
"No, no, no.  I'm fine, hon.  On another note, you cracked your head on mine - are YOU alright?" 
I hadn't even thought about my own head.  It was throbbing a bit.  "I'm okay.  Now..."
"I'm fine, honey."  He told me again, but I gave him a doubtful look.  A teasing glimmer appeared in his eye. "But if you gave me a kiss, it might feel better..."
I giggled. "You're terrible...taking advantage of the situation...for shame."  I told him.  He gave me a mock-devastated expression, and I gave him a playful shove before I leaned over and gave him a kiss...on the cheek, to tease him.  "Better?" 
"Mmmaybe," he attempted another soulful expression. 
"Tough love."  I laughed, rolling my eyes jokingly at him.
He laughed and pulled me close to his side, adding a kiss in my hair. 
I sighed.  "I'm reeeally not looking forward to this.  Am I a bad person because of that?" 
He stayed silent for a few minutes.  "Well..I suppose not.  I don't think so, anyway.  You're just wary because she was always so   mean to you; added onto the three years where nobody bothered with you." 
"Hm," I said. "I guess I'd better get up and around..."  I stood up.  He reached a hand out, so I grinned and hauled him up to his feet as well, before I went to brush my hair.

After I'd brushed my hair out, it was almost time to go. 
And then I started pacing. I bit my lip, looked down, and took a deep, nervous breath, watching my feet.  I was extremely nervous.  I don't think I'd been this nervous since I'd started seeing Eugene back in September! 
 As I walked past my hubby, he put a hand on my shoulder to stop and turn me towards him, peering into my face.  "Hey...You'll be fine.  If not, yell.  I'll come be your bodyguard."
 I giggled and nodded.  "Okay." 
He gave me that adorable grin of his and tipped my chin up so I would meet his eyes. "You look exceptionally gorgeous today, sweet girl of mine." 
I blushed.  "Not really, but...thanks."  I added, reaching up to kiss his jaw before I hugged him.  He pulled me close for a few moments before he bent to brush his lips with mine.  Just as he did so, Zelia spoke up. 
"Whenever you're--oh." 
I gasped in surprise and then whirled away from Eugene to look at my...sister.  I think I almost smacked my head off of my husband's chin, I'd turned so quickly, but he must've had quick reflexes. 
"Sorry!"  I exclaimed.  "I'm..ah...ready.  Oh!  Pascal.  Almost forgot-"  I flashed Eugene a sheepish glance, silently apologizing for breaking off the kiss.
When I looked back at Zelia, she was giving me a look of horror.  "Do you have to take that-"
I huffed, but then I looked back at Eugene, who was standing behind me.  "You won't mind if I leave Pascal here, I take it?" 
"Not at all."
"Okay....but Zelia, I WILL get you to like Pascal.  I will!"  I told her, laughing, and my hubby dove down to give me a peck on the cheek from behind, before I hurried off with Zelia. 
We were both silent until we got to the floor, but Zelia was the first to speak up. 
"You two make an adorable couple, by the way." 
I gave her a careful smile, even though I was inwardly gasping with surprise.  "Thanks!" 
"And...I'm sorry for being the way I was." 
I nodded, and we were surrounded by awkward silence. 
Finally, I spoke up.  "So, ah...what kind of stuff do you like to..do?" 
She gave me a surprised look - probably amazed that I'd actually spoken up.  I felt my shyness come over me in a wave, and I wanted to disappear. 
"Well...Aside from acting like a different doll, I guess I like to go for walks and stuff.  I don't really know, Rapunzel.  I've never done anything like you have - never read books, never listened to music or blogged or anything.  I was just too absorbed in being...not me." 
I knew it was hard for her to admit it.  ''Hm.  Well, why don't we make it a point to do those things sometimes?  Only if Eugene can come along, too - because he likes doing basically the same things that I do." 
"That sounds good.  But-"
"Zelia.  He's my hubby.  He's not as bad as what you obviously think he is.  You only saw his bad side because you forced him to show it.  Trust me - the only time he even has raised his voice at me was when I broke up with him that time." 
She grimaced.  "Speaking of which, I'm sorry I wasn't there to comfort you.  Actually...that was basically what made me decide that I didn't want to play my part anymore.  That was the first time in two years that I'd wanted to hug someone and tell them it would be okay...but I couldn't.  Not after all I'd done to you.  But that was why I told Eugene about this the day after your wedding.  I was hoping he'd do the talking for me, because I figured you wouldn't believe me.  I didn't cause any grief, did I?"
Um...Kind of.  "Nah, it's all good.  But you never answered me fully." 
"Oh.  Yeah, he may as well come along, I suppose." 
"You suppose," I giggled.  "C'mon.  You'll like him...maybe.  I know I do!" 
She laughed.  She honest-to-goodness laughed. Who knew the girl could laugh in a nice, un-menacing way?!   "Obviously, since you married him!  But anyway, sis.  What do you like to do?" 
I gulped, hoping she didn't think anything was stupid.  "I like to go for walks, and sit up on the windowsill...and read, listen to music...and blog...I guess." 
She grinned.  "That's cool." 
We walked in silence for a few more minutes, before I gathered the courage to ask a question I'd been wondering.  "Why's Punzie...the way she is?" 
"I have no idea.  She was here before me, and she was this way to begin with!" 
"Okay.  So I still have to steer clear of Punzie, then." 
"Mmhmm." 
We spent the entire day walking and chatting.  I was amazed at how quickly she was shaking off her faux personality.  I mean, it was still there, but it was fading.  It felt good to help her back into her normal personality. 
Around eight, we parted ways in the dark.  I was absolutely exhausted.
She walked back to the chair with me, and gave me a quick, awkward hug.  "See you some other time, sis." 
"See ya," I said, amazed.  I almost choked in surprise, but I answered her anyway.
When she left for the dresser, I turned to climb up onto the chair.
Eugene was sitting with Pascal, but as soon as he saw me, he stood up and gave me that grin of his. 
"Hey,"
"Hey, yourself," I told him, smiling.  I walked over and picked up Pascal, giving him a cuddle up against my cheek.  He --Eugene, not Pascal.. =P -- snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me close, giving me a quick hug.  "Miss me much?"  I winked when he loosened his embrace. 
"Mmhmm."  He told me, nuzzling my hair with his nose for a second.  "How did today go?" 
"It went well, actually."  He stepped away from me to give me a surprised look, and I laughed. "I know.  She was pretty nice.  A few times, she slipped up, but she was pretty good.  Next time, you're coming with, my dear." 
He gave me a horrified look.  "What?" 
"You're coming with us the next time we go for a walk.  Trust me, it'll be fine."  I giggled.  "I'd give you an out, but she needs to see who you really are.  And I guess you need to see who she really is!" 
He thought for a moment.  "I guess I can't get out of this one, huh?  Well, that's fine.  I guess." 

No comments:

Post a Comment