Friday, January 24, 2014

Never saw THIS coming, Part 2...

Yup - Anna came to talk. 
So did Elsa and Zelia. 
This morning, I'd JUST barely gotten dressed and my hair brushed before everyone came tromping up into the shelf.
"Oh!  Um, hey, girls," I told them.  "What's up?" 
Eugene caught sight of Zelia, and he promptly stuck close to me.  He knew she wasn't deadly, sure, but he was still wary of her. 
"Can we talk about something?  Just us girls," Anna added, casting a glance towards Eugene. 
"Lemme guess - relationship troubles?  He already knows," I said. 
She quirked a brow, but then she turned to Elsa.  "Oh my gosh.  THAT'S where the guys ran off to yesterday.  They told him."  Looking back at me, she asked if I knew. 
"I know what my hubby told me, but I wouldn't mind hearing it from your point of view, either." 
"Our point of view," Elsa corrected.
Hm.  So Elsa fit into this somehow? 
What about my sister? 
I turned to give Zelia a questioning look, but she shook her head.  "I just came along for the walk." 
"Okay.  Well, feel free to sit - let's hear this out." 

Eugene went to lean up against the lamp, out on the deck, and I immediately asked him to go sit down in the shelf. 
"Nah, I'm good. Gotta stretch my legs for a bit," he told me, setting Pascal up on his shoulder. 
I stood on the other side of the lamp, inside the shelf, and watched the girls as I toyed with a lock of my hair.  Zelia plopped down on the corner of the bed that was closest to me, and Anna took a seat by her.  Elsa leaned up against the bed behind her sister, and then they started  talking.

"Kristoff and I just...I dunno.  What I didn't tell you guys when I confessed why I was so on edge?  I fell out of love with him.  And I think - no, I KNOW - it's mutual.  The thing is?  He just..he's a great guy, but I just can't imagine spending the rest of my plastic life with him.  He's a good friend, but he's not my potential husband.  You know?  And on the other hand...I-I...maybe I like Hans.  And maybe it's mutual..." she blushed and looked down into her lap. 
"And meanwhile?  I've always liked Kris.  But I just didn't say anything about it, because, well, of course..Anna was with him."  Elsa said quietly. 
Alrighty then. 
"Well...it sounds pretty cut and dry.  Why do you need to tell me?"  I asked, curious. 
"I just..I don't know if Hans likes me.  And I don't know if I like him!  How do I know?  You're the only one who's ever successfully gotten married."  Anna blurted.  "So I guess...what's it feel like?  When you , you know...know you're..in love?"  She whispered the last part, and I knew she felt awkward asking me about this.  Elsa seemed to be interested in my answer, too. 
But oh, gosh.  I didn't feel very comfortable explaining that, either.  Especially not in front of my husband!  Pushing down my embarrassment, I licked my lips.  "Well...y-you..it's a feeling you've never really felt before.  You just know.  You love absolutely everything about him...his smile makes your heart flutter and your stomach to twist into knots.  You can't spend enough time with him, and he makes you feel like everything's right in your world, even when nothing is.  And you get all nervous when you try to talk to him, so you end up making a fool out of yourself, but he takes it in stride and you love him a bit more."  I flashed a glance towards my guy, and he gave me a wink, to which I gave a shy smile, my face getting horribly warm. 
"I actually...know that Kris likes you, Elsa, and Hans likes you, Anna.  They told me yesterday."  Eugene mumbled.  I knew he probably felt awkward sharing that piece of information. 
Anna and Elsa shared a grin.  When Anna turned back to me, she stood up, came over, and gave me a warm hug.  "Thank you so much." 
I nodded as she stepped away from me.  "Anytime."  Just please don't ask for anymore advice on relationships.  Please...
After that, we all chatted for a few minutes, but the three girls left in a hurry.  Probably overly excited to have their answers. 

So, I guess that's the answer to THAT.  Oy, I'm glad I didn't waffle around like they are...!  Who knows what'll happen next.  Hopefully things'll calm down once we officially adopt the girls...I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment