Monday, January 27, 2014

More News on Adoption And Eugene's Joints! (:

Today, Tangled Fan stopped in to check up on Eugene and to also talk to us about the adoption. 
She said Eugene was doing exceptionally well, and that he could probably resume normal activity soon.  Thank GOODNESS!!  And more awesome news: The girls will be officially adopted February 5th!! Only a week and two days!  I'm so excited, and scared, and also excited for Eugene's recovery!!  In other words, I was just a big wad of plastic excitement. 
She talked with us for a couple more minutes, and then left.  As soon as she left, Eugene and I turned to face one another. 
I couldn't even say anything, so I just gave him a broad smile.  He gave me that special grin of his as he carefully strode over to me, from the opposite end of the shelf.  My heart swelled when I noticed he only got a little unbalanced. 
He took me into his arms and I reached to give him a quick kiss on the cheek.  "So...next week!  And what about your recovery?!"
He chuckled.  "This was probably the best visit Tangled Fan's paid to us thus far.  Telling us we'll officially  have a family next week AND saying that my joints are almost completely healed up.  As well as they'll ever be, anyway."  He added. 
"Hmm...so, all the therapy you've been doing has paid off, eh?  Should have - I had to put up with enough of your grousing around about it!"  I dramatically rolled my eyes, but I reached up and slung my arms around his neck to show him I was just kidding. 
He laughed.  "Yes.  I'll be happy to get the last therapy session over with, though." 
I grinned.  "I bet." 
"And I can't wait to go for a walk.  Maybe we could today?"  Eugene asked, peering down in my face hopefully. 
"I-I don't think that'd be the best quite yet,"  I told him, even though I would've given anything to go for a walk, and I hated to see the excited glimmer disappear in his chocolate eyes.
"You're right, I suppose.  I'm just going stark raving mad having to stay up here.  I miss our walks!" 
I nodded.  "Yeah, but it's best to play it safe for now, okay?  We'll see what's up over this weekend, I think it's supposed to be warmer than it has been.  Maybe we could even go outside for a bit?" 
"Even if there's a ton of snow out there, I'd be beyond happy to go out there!" 
I laughed.  "Wow, you must be truly desperate to get  out of the shelf," 
"Yup." 

We sat and talked for awhile, but then Zelia showed up. 
Of all dolls - Zelia!
I greeted her with open arms, though, and she gave me a small smile as she walked into the shelf. 
"What's up?"  I asked her. 
Casting a quick glance towards Pascal, who was sitting on my shoulder, she shrugged.  "Just thought I'd see what you guys were up to.  That and the Frozen Foursome are getting on my nerves." 
Anna, Elsa, Kris, and Hans, of course. 
"Hmm.  What's up now?" 
"They're just hopelessly in love now...again.  Anna with Hans, only this time, Elsa with Kristoff now, too.  It's a little nauseating," she admitted, and I laughed. 
"Ah...so what do you want to do over here?"  I asked.
She thought for a few minutes, still giving Pascal a pensive, watchful stare.  "Are there any books around?  We could read, maybe.  As long as that stupid chameleon-"
"Zelia..." I gave her a warning look, and she dropped it.  "And, yes.  I'm currently reading a really good book on Tangled Fan's Kindle." 
I went to retrieve the Kindle, and shortly after I'd stepped off of the deck into the drawer, I heard a burst of laughter coming from my shelf. 
"THAT'S why Tangled Fan's been complaining about the wrong book coming up and her battery draining..." Eugene called over to me. 
Finding the Kindle, I popped my head out of the drawer and winked.  "Tell no one." 
He chuckled, shaking his head, and Zelia looked quite pleased with my recent secretive endeavors - even though it was just hiding the fact that I was reading on Tangled Fan's electronic device without her knowing. 
"What's the book you've been reading?"  She asked, sitting beside me on the floor. 
"A romance," I told her, without even thinking.  She was probably about ready to throw up at that word by now. And she apparently was, too. 
Groaning, she rolled her eyes.  "Oh boy." 
"Buut, she has some mystery books on here, too, I think," I told her, scrambling quickly to find something different to read.  At the mention of mystery, Eugene came over and carefully lowered himself down on the floor by me. 

Turns out the mystery book I found wasn't all that bad!  We read for a good long while, but then Zelia left, wanting to get back to her shelf before it got too cold on the floor.  I don't think she necessarily enjoyed reading, though...but maybe she has a strange way of expressing it when she actually likes something.  But regardless.  Since my eyes were tired and it was growing dark, I put the Kindle away and went back in to help Eugene stand up. 
"Well, I hope the week and two days until the fifth fly by like today did!"  I told him. 
"You and me both!  Only...I hope the fourth is a bit slower so we can enjoy our day," he said, and I gave him a puzzled look, my brow furrowed..until I remembered.  Our two month anniversary would be the day before the girls came! 
"Wow...two months already?"  I asked.  "I can't believe it." 
He chuckled, shaking his head as he reached to take Pascal off of my shoulder, placing him on his own shoulder.  "I can't either, but it's because it's flown by and I've spent it with my best buddy." 
I had to grin...his face had turned blazing red at that revelation.  "You're too sweet."  I winked, and he promptly reached to give me another quick, but warm, hug. 
"And I know it's not very long, but since we're dolls, we'll never know when we'll get separated or broken, or-" Eugene started, but I broke him off. 
"Don't even SAY that!"  I exclaimed, and he chuckled, bending down to kiss me. 
"We'll make the most out of every day, then, is what I was going to say.  I'm already planning for February - both for Valentine's Day and for our two-month anniversary.  And, actually..come to think of it, the day before Valentine's Day means that we'll have known each other for-" he paused, and I knew he was counting mentally, but I already had his answer. 
"Five months."  I filled in for him, and he grinned. 
"Yeah.  Five months - you're quicker with math than I am," he told me. 
"Yeahh, that's just because I kind of kept track of how long you were able to put up with me..." I admitted, slightly embarrassed. 
He gave me an expression almost like he couldn't understand why.  "I don't see why.  I mean, yes, I understand why you might think that way, but I never even thought about not being able to put up with you anymore." 
I reached up on tiptoe to give him a quick peck on the cheek, and he gave me an adoring smile.
"That aside..what all are you planning?" 
"Surprises, Rapunzel."  He chuckled, and I groaned. 
"Well...what about the Valentine's Day thing you were planning?  We'll be parents-"
"Don't start fretting about it, I've got it covered, m'kay?"  He said, and I pretended to be disgusted. 
Laughing, he reached to tickle me, and I jerked away from him, stopping myself short of giving him a playful shove. 


Annd...tonight was fun. 
Combined with being excited over next week's finalized adoption and the good prognosis of Eugene's joints, and the fact that it was FREEZING COLD and the wind was absolutely blasting and howling, I couldn't sleep.  It was so chilly in our little corner that even Pascal abandoned his chair so he could sleep under the three blankets I'd scrounged up.  Hopefully, this cold weather would stop by the time the girls came - I didn't know how we'd manage THAT!  I'm sure we'll figure it out if need be, though. 
After awhile of listening to the wind howl, I sat up, frustrated.  I was going to go off of the shelf  - I wasn't sure what I was going to do, though -  but then the covers slipped off of me and I realized how chilly it was...so I immediately dove back into the warm cocoon of blankets, grumbling quietly to myself. 
Eugene, who must've been awake, reached to pull me close to his side, and I curled up into a ball.  "Cold, hmm?"  He asked me. 
"You got it.  And I'm disgusted with this wind!"  I groaned as it picked up even more so.  "What're we gonna do if it's this cold when we have the girls?" 
"We'll keep them in bed with us, or something - we'll figure it out when the time comes.  Now, go to sleep, m'kay?"  He requested. 
I nodded...
And a few minutes later, I ended up typing this on the iPod, curled up in the blankets while Eugene watched me type, because he finally admitted that he couldn't sleep either. 
Looks like it's gonna be a long night...yay!  We'll see what tomorrow brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment