Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Decisions, Decisions..

This morning, I was up long before Eugene for once - even though I got up at seven with Jordan.  He'd been up and down through the night again, worrying about what to do with Hans' request.  Honest to goodness, I was just praying he'd make a decision soon.  Who knew he got so serious and conflicted over decisions - even if it was as small as this?  I know that there's other things, too, but wow.  Just made me wonder how long he'd waffled back and forth about asking for my hand in marriage!
But regardless, when he got up at nine-thirty, his shirt all askew and wrinkled up from his restlessness, Audrey and I greeted him with our usual happiness.  After he'd given Audrey a bear hug, he came over to where I stood with Jordan. 
"Morning," he gave me that classic grin - one I hadn't seen since Hans' request.
"Good morning, hon.  Why're you all cheery today?  You've been so worked up about this thing lately."  I asked, instinctively straightening out his shirt with one hand.  He chuckled, reaching for Jordan. 
"I'm going to tell Hans I'll officiate for them," he said simply. 
I gasped.  "Awesome!"
"But..I don't know how I'm going to do this in front of everyone.  Everyone.  Including Punzie.  And while we're at it, I'm really not looking forward to going up on that shelf by myself to tell them." 
I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and a one-armed hug.  "Well, just ignore Punzie.  You're a lot taller than her, so she shouldn't be able to boss you around too much. But I can't blame you for not wanting to go up to their shelf by yourself.  I'd come up, too, but I don't think that'd be a good idea, either.  Plus, I have to stick with the kiddos." 
He nodded.  "Well..wish me luck.  I'll see you in a bit..if I don't, pop your head in and see who's trying to, I don't know...kill me..." 
I  giggled.  "You'll be fine." 
He gave Jordan a kiss on the forehead - which was an absolutely heartwarming sight - before he gave her to me and left for the shelf above. 
As soon as he left, Audrey tugged on my skirt, excitedly going on and on about having a tea party with me, Jordan, and Pascal.  Never a dull moment... (:

We played until noon, at which point Jordan and Audrey were both ready for a nap.  Eugene still wasn't back, so I was just about ready to go check on him.  But I'd no more than gotten the girls settled in for a nap when  Eugene slipped down into our shelf. 
I didn't notice him until I'd stood and turned around. 
With a gasp, I put a hand over my heart.  "Good grief, you surprised me!  The girls are asleep...I was just going to come and see if you needed help fending off Punzie or Anna." 
He flashed a grin.  "No...Elsa and Anna just wanted to tell me how the ceremony was to go.  Eesh, it would've taken about a half an hour if they would've been able to agree on anything...instead of an hour and a half.  But regardless.  I think your sister's about a hundred-and-one percent done with anything to do with wedding talk, by the look she had on her face when I left." 
I giggled hard enough to snort and embarrass myself, but then I remembered about an idea I'd been chewing on for awhile.   "I feel bad for her.  And actually...that's something I'd like to talk about.  I was thinking about inviting her to stay on our shelf - she'd probably go back to the shelf above us to sleep, of course, but during the day...I hate to ask you to think about THIS, especially after your big thing with the last decision, though, so we can wait until whenever to talk about it-"  I blurted, noticing his eyes bugging out.
"N-no, it's fine - I guess that's not a bad idea, but it just surprised me. Ah...don't worry, either...I'm not normally this waffle-y about decisions." 
"That's good to know," I laughed through my nose.  "We'll talk about it later.  For now--why is your face red?" 
"Oh, um...because Anna and Elsa were so excited about me officiating that they both hugged me.  It was...really...really awkward."  His face got purely crimson, and I held back a full-blown laugh for the sake of the girls' naps. 
"You poor thing," I gave his arm a playful punch. 
"So.  The wedding's between the trunk and the old shelving unit on the 28th, at 4 PM.  You thinking what I'm thinking?" 
"Hide in a drawer and watch?"  I asked. 
"Two wonderful minds think alike," he gave me a wink, and I rolled my eyes. 
"You're terrible.  But we'll see." 
We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment