Sunday, February 2, 2014

Family Life Thus Far... :P

Yesterday passed without any major problems, thank goodness.  The girls are currently napping in their beds.  And as for me and Eugene, well, we're sitting on the edge of the bed and he's reading over my shoulder.  :D  
Let's see...they settled in very well yesterday, and I absolutely adore them both already.  After I learned that Jordan was fussy about being set down, she didn't leave my arms until bedtime. 
Audrey and Eugene played several little hand games and also the good old, traditional tea party.  I'm sure it was awkward for my husband, but he went along with it.  I think miss Audrey's got him wrapped around her tiny little finger already...and I also think she's turning out to be a daddy's girl already.  Last night, Jordan was a bit fussy, but after I brought her to bed with me, and Eugene laid her on his chest to go to sleep, she did with no problem. 
And a few minutes after that, Audrey came and crawled into bed, cuddling up with me, so it was pretty crowded last night :D  Not that I minded, of course...oh, no. Far from it! 
I think Pascal's feeling a bit perturbed about the whole situation, though...but I'm sure he'll get over it.  Audrey's gone from being absolutely terrified of him to absolutely loving him and wanting to play constantly with him, so he's not quite sure how to take that.  He's used to sleeping all day! 
It's all sooo surreal to me, still.  I mean, it's like my whole life for the past two months...or five...has been a dream, and it just keeps getting better, and I'm scared one day I'll wake up! 
As for today...I was right about Tangled Fan wanting to do a quick photoshoot with us.  She took some pics this afternoon.   Here are my favorites... (: 

(Ugh, I didn't notice how crummy my hair looked in this pic.  Everyone else looks great, though!)

                                                                 Love this picture :]


I love this one, too.  It's such a good picture of Audrey!  When the picture was taken, Jordan had started crying, so I'd looked up to see that Eugene was going to pick her up, so I unfortunately wasn't looking at the camera..but oh well.  Beautiful picture of Audrey!  (:

...And the reason why Jordan was crying?  She was sleepy.  Soo I flopped down (in an unladylike fashion, I know..) in the wicker chair, wrapping her up in her blanket, and held her till she fell asleep. 

 
When we went to put Jordan to bed to nap, we  noticed that miss Audrey, who had taken Pascal with her to play, had curled up on her bed and fallen asleep.  Pascal was still curled underneath her arm.  When I noticed her, my heart squeezed.  I mean, who wouldn't find this scene adorable? :] 


Sooo, since they were both asleep, I took care of Jordan while Eugene covered Audrey up. 

When the kids were covered up and we were alone for a few minutes, Eugene turned to me, his eyes twinkling.  "And as for you..."
"What?"  I asked quietly, grinning.   


With no warning, he put a hand on the back of my head and pulled me in for a sweet kiss. 
I gasped, surprised, but then I returned the kiss. 


When our lips parted, he rested his head on my forehead.  Reaching to put his arms comfortably around my waist, he sighed and gave me a smile.  "So, how do you like being a momma?"
I couldn't help but grin.  "It's a new experience, that's for sure, but I love it.  How about you, dad?" 
He winked.  "Same as you."  I reached to kiss the tip of his nose, and he chuckled quietly.  "So...what do we do 'til they wake up?" 
"Oh, I dunno..." I thought for a minute.  "I need to catch up on blogging, but if you want to do something-"
"Sounds great." 
I smiled.  "You sure?  Like, one hundred percent sure?  I'm sure blogging is boring to you," I offered him an out. 
He chuckled.  "No problem.  I like watching you blog." 
"Aw," I giggled quietly, my heart fluttering even though my face grew extremely hot.  I pulled away from him to quietly go get the iPod, and he set the bed up while I did so. 
 
Soo this is where I leave you...and Eugene says to tell you all hello.  Hmm, maybe I'll get him into blogging someday, too?  I doubt that somehow, but hey... =D  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment