Friday, February 28, 2014

The Frozen Wedding (:

This morning, we got up and moving around nine.  Eugene was worried sick about officiating, so he headed out pretty soon afterwards.  Around one, Zelia and I rounded up the girls, Pascal, and a couple of blankets for the kids, and we headed for the shelving unit.


(This is where the ceremony was to take place; and the drawer to the far  righthand side that's hanging open?  That's our hiding spot.  xD)
We got settled into the shelving unit's dresser drawer, but then I noticed Eugene pacing nervously around this side of the room. 
"Watch the girls for a minute?"  I asked Zelia.  She nodded, and I hopped back out of the drawer, sprinting over to give him a pep-talk. 
He noticed I was hurrying over to him, and he paused his pacing, giving me a curious expression.  I unfortunately tripped in the last stride over to him, and ended up on all fours on the floor. 
Well, that was an improvement.  Normall, I'd go flat on my face. 
"You alright, hon?" 
I looked up, and found him looming over me.  I was surprised that he wasn't laughing, but then again, this was Eugene we're talking about. 
"Yeah.  Ugh, I'm so clumsy..." I sighed, standing before he could offer help. 
"You're fine," he chuckled.  "What were you hightailing it over here for?" 
I gave him a sheepish grin.  "Zelia and the girls are at the drawer.  I just saw you were pacing and I wanted to just tell you to quit being nervous.  You'll do fine, I know it!"  I grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze.
 He gave me a nervous, yet genuine, grin.  "Thanks for coming to talk." Eugene glanced over my shoulder and got a panicked expression on his face.  "Ohh no.  You better go.  They're coming already." 
I looked over my shoulder and saw the whole bunch of them coming - they were about halfway here -, chattering away giddily. 
"Okay.  I'll see you - you'll do great!"  I told him, reaching up on tiptoe to give him a quick kiss before darting away for the drawer. 

I dove into the drawer, almost landing right on Zelia. 
"SHH!"  Zelia immediately gave me a warning glance, and I looked over to see Jordan sleeping. 
"Okay," I nodded quietly.  "Thanks.  He's so nervous...I feel bad for him!" 

She nodded, but then ducked down.  "They're here." 
I ducked down, peeking out over the edge of the drawer.  Everyone was there, except for us, the guys, and my hubby, of course. 


Watching them get ready, all in a tizzy, made me both feel bad and feel good, if that's even possible.  I felt a little disheartened, because we'd always made plans about how we would all dress when Anna and Elsa got married.  How I'd have to be the maid of honor for both of them, regardless of if Eugene and I ended up getting married before them...which had seemed like a faraway whimsy at the time.  But all that had been before Anna got tired of my awkward little self.  But at the same time, I felt good, remembering my own wedding day.
My, but how things can change in just a few months.

Speaking of things changing so quickly, I almost choked as I saw Punzie carefully setting her own tiara on Elsa's head, since Anna was wearing Piper's veil.  She laughed and carried on with them as if the three of them were old pals.  What had changed with HER?!

We stood silently and watched for awhile, and I held Audrey up so she could see as soon as her daddy came into view. 
As soon as my hubby stepped in with the two guys, the girls went all into a flurry, and the brides hid until Eugene had assumed his position, Kristoff off to his side. 
My poor husband's face was milk white, and from HERE, I could even see his shaking hands, which he quickly hid behind his back when Kris turned to say something to him.  After he'd said whatever he'd said and turned away, Eugene glanced up towards the shelf and caught my eye, so I gave him a wink. 
And then Elsa stepped out from their hiding spot.  I caught Anna poking her head out  to watch her.
THAT'S when Kristoff looked just about as terrified as my husband, but he managed to give her a smile as he took her hands into his. 
 



Eugene's voice shook as he led them through their vows; likely because absolutely everyone was looking in that general direction -- I know he knew it was because of the bride and groom, but still.  That many pairs of eyes looking towards you could be alienating if you're shy. 
He guided them through their vows, they tied their engagement ribbon together clumsily, and then Kristoff and Elsa shared their first -- incredibly awkward -- kiss as a husband and wife.  Kristoff's face was about as red as a beet now, but he and Elsa shared the same expression of relief, excitement, and happiness as they went to sit down. 
Hans strode up to stand perpendicular my husband, and as he did so, Zelia turned towards me. 
"I'm going to take the girls back to the shelf, 'kay?  Before anyone gets fussy." 
"Don't you wanna stay to see Anna and Hans-"
"Not particularly," Zelia giggled quietly. 
"Well, I'll come too-"
"No, no, no.  You stay here.  That husband of yours is liable to faint." 
I stifled a giggle before I helped her gather the girls and Pascal.  I don't know how she made it to the floor with both of them soundlessly.   Nobody noticed her walk right by, which was a blessing. 



And then I turned back to the ceremony, just as Anna had taken her place beside Hans.  They both looked so excited, and I had to smile.  They went through their vows, tied their engagement ribbon together, and then Hans spoke up.  I won't include his relatively long speech, in which he expressed his undying love for the girl he was marrying right this moment, and how he intended to love her until  the last day of his plastic life.  After that, he tipped Anna back and they shared an extremely long, fervent kiss. 
Well then. 
I almost burst out laughing when I caught Eugene shifting from foot to foot and glancing away, because he was so embarrassed by their kiss. 
When their kiss finally ended, everyone slowly left after congratulating both of the couples, and then Tangled Fan swept in to take pictures of the newlyweds. 
Sooo, I had to sit that out and wait. 
(I snatched some pictures of hers to post, which are right below xD)






FINALLY, the foursome left, but I waited for a bit longer, just to make sure that they wouldn't see me heading home. 
 


When I finally popped my head up out of the drawer to see how far they had made it, I saw Eugene coming.  He stopped in front of the shelving unit, giving me a smile.  I gave him an awkward little wave, peering around to make sure I wasn't going to be seen by anyone.
"Are you a damsel in distress?"  he called, and I giggled.
"Maybe.  Just waiting -- are they back to their shelf yet?" 
He didn't answer, so I just watched him as he bounded up to the drawer. 
"Yeah, they're pretty much to the shelf, as far as I could see.  I hung back," he explained. 
"Oh wow...why?  You could've been back home for like, over half an hour," I gasped. 
He hopped into the drawer himself and gave me a wink.  "I wanted to walk home with my girl.  Speaking of girls, where are the kiddos?" 
"Zelia took them home after Elsa and Kris got married.  She didn't want them to get fussy and blow our hiding spot, and she also didn't want to get caught smuggling them back...AND she didn't care to see Anna and Hans' portion of the ceremony."  I sighed.  "But...you did a great job, honey.  I'm so proud of you for doing it-- you looked so nervous, though!" 
"Thanks," he grinned, and I passed a hand through my hair...or at least, I tried to.  Big surprise there, my hand got tangled up in my hair. 
"Oh my gosh, not again--" I grumbled, but he quickly turned me around, working gently to remove my hand from my knotted up hair. "Thanks..."
"No problem," he told me, but as soon as he got my hand released from my hair, he took it and twirled me around to face him. 
I giggled.  "Alright, show off.  That was smooth."
He chuckled.  "I'm just glad that my job is done.  My job of officiating, rather." 
I gave him a quick hug.  "I bet.  You looked SO nervous.  I'd hate to know how nervous you were on our own wedding day!" 
"I was nervous, yeah, but I was more shaky from excitement than anything else.  I was beyond ready to spend the rest of my life with my best friend." he ducked his head in embarrassment, but I was touched. 
I wanted to say something, but I knew I'd embarrass him more, so I just gave him a quick, awkward hug.  "I suppose we should head back?" 
"Yup," he cleared his throat, flashing me a shy grin before he got out of the drawer, helping me over. 
We were quiet until we got to the floor, and I was the first to speak up. 
"So...I thought the girls looked beautiful in their dresses!  Didn't you?  Were the guys nervous?" 
"They were spazzed.  Hans was pretty cool, but....Kristoff freaked out a little bit when he saw Elsa, but he was okay after, it seemed.  And I guess the girls looked nice," he paused, his eyes flicking over me from head to toe, before meeting my eyes.  An honest, but teasing, grin lit his face. 
"What?"  I asked. 
"You definitely looked better in Piper's wedding dress," he blurted, and I burst out laughing. 
"Oh my gosh, Eugene.  You're terrible!  I thought they both were very pretty in their dresses, and I know you think so, too."  I slugged his arm playfully, and he laughed.
"Did you see Hans and Anna's kiss?"  Eugene asked. 
"Uh...yeah.  I think just about everyone was embarrassed by the length of it, but I'm glad they're so in love," I blushed. 
"Yeah," he agreed, "and did you hear Hans' speech?" 
"Yup.  I thought that it was nice of him to tell her all that," I answered. 
My hubby gave me a sheepish glance.  "I planned to do something similar for you on our own wedding day, but I didn't want to embarrass you, and I figured I could tell you all the things I wanted to say then..whenever, instead of all at once and in front of a handful of dolls." 
I gave him a smile.  "Thank you for that, actually.  It would've been kind of awkward." 
He winked, reaching to put an arm around my shoulders.  "Love you." 
We walked in silence once more, at least for a little while.  I, again, broke the silence as a thought crossed my mind.  "Did you know that on March thirteenth, we'll have known each other for six whole months?!" 
Looking at me with a smitten grin, he nodded.  "Six months...seems like time's gone by like a minute, but yep.  I dunno about you, but I've enjoyed every second of it." 
"I agree.  Every second I've been with you, anyway.  The rest of the time - up until I married you, anyway--, I was getting harassed."  I laughed, ducking my head. 
"Do you want to...to go stargazing on the thirteenth?  If the sky's clear, anyway," he stammered out his offer, and I had to grin at his awkwardness.  How could he be so cute when he was awkward?  I was just plain terrifying when I went all awkward!  Ugh.  But regardless.   
I nodded enthusiastically.  "I'd love that...so, so much!" 
We walked the rest of the way home, just chatting and reminiscing on our own wedding day.

By the time we got back to our own shelf, it was around ten.  The girls were asleep, and Zelia was crashed on the wicker chair.  I grabbed a blanket, tossing it gently over my sister, before I checked up on the girls, which Eugene had already done.  And then we went to bed ourselves. 

1 comment: