Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What's Been Up

Hey, everyone.  It's Rapunzel...just popping in really quickly this morning before the kids get up.  I miss you guys. 
I'm trying to help Zarina learn how to get photos up on the blog, so you might get some pictures sometime soon - not sure, though.  They take awhile to load on the page, and she gets bored with it and quits - it's almost kind of amusing, actually!  She gives up way too quickly, though.  Anyway, updates on the kids..okay.  Let's see.
It stormed a couple of times last weekend, and apparently, my little boy has a similar fear of storms.  Poor little guy.  It doesn't help when he can probably sense that I'm scared, too, but I try really hard not to be. 
Casey has been giving Audrey a wide berth, usually hanging out with me or Ray.  Audrey hangs out exclusively with Zelia or Belle or goes by herself - she won't even acknowledge when I talk to her anymore.  I can't stand that...I wish I could do something for her. 
And last but definitely not least, Jordan's at least been a happy little girl.  She's pretty much the only light in this awfulness; she brings everyone's spirits up with her giggling and how she amuses herself. 

Belle has been coming over quite a bit to help out; usually in the evenings when Audrey absolutely will NOT go to bed for me.  She's been such a good help, and I feel terrible that I haven't thanked her properly yet. 
Ray and Zelia are almost always over here anymore, which is, of course, greatly appreciated, and Zarina comes over as well.  Casey's really taken to Zarina  -- which doesn't surprise me much.  I'm glad that Zarina takes the time to hang out with Casey.  That poor kid's been through so much, she needs someone to just play and have fun with.  Of course, Zarina's an adult and she's a little girl, but they get along anyway, and Zarina won't think twice about playing with her.   
Pascal's back to sticking to me like glue; like he did around this time last year.  GOSH. I can't believe that on the thirteenth of this month -- Saturday, to be exact --, I was meeting that gorgeous, perfect guy for the first time.  
Yesterday evening, Tangled Fan gave me a book (The Giver) and a flashlight, so I read a good bit of it last night.  Couldn't sleep anyway....but reading only made me miss him worse at first.  And I just couldn't help but think about all the little things I miss.  How he would hold one edge of the book and I would hold the other; how he'd get distracted and I'd catch him staring at me instead of reading.  How he'd let me cuddle up against him, how he'd kiss the top of my head and whisper 'an I love you' into my hair in the middle of reading.  How we used to spend hours reading together. 
I miss him. 
Don't get me wrong, The Giver is an excellent book so far, but I kept getting distracted, thinking about him. 
Tonight, though, I'm almost excited to read some more.  I'm hoping that throwing myself deeper into a utopia of propaganda will drown out my thoughts.  Hm.  The people in The Giver can't feel anything...that sounds pretty darn great right about now.  Honestly, the kids are the only reason I haven't gone completely insane.  Yet. 
Anyway...I'm sure you'll hear from Zarina again soon, hopefully with pictures.  I'll update you guys sometime again here. 

1 comment:

  1. Sending virtual hug:
    _______________
    /_______________/

    HUG SENT!

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete