Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Zarina's Notes: Meet the Boys ....er....Meet Them Again.


Hey guys...it's Zarina, in case you missed the title. How's your day been going?  Mine started out pretty epic.  Captain America: The Winter Soldier came out on DVD today.  While I'll have to wait until Tangled Fan gets the movie, I'm definitely going to be watching it the absolute second I can. 
Welcome to the geek side of me.

Today, Tangled Fan brought Hans and Kristoff out of their boxes.
Weeell, JC Penney's dolls are evidently different, and the reboxing side effects are different.  Never knew that.
Hans thinks his name is Fitz, and he even has a Scottish accent to boot...pretty neat.
Kristoff thinks his name is Logan, but his voice kept the normal accent, at least.

When they crawled up onto this side of the table, everyone just stared.  Of course, the attention seeking Ariel immediately went all mushy over the both of them, which was flat out disgusting.  Logan...eer Kristoff...you know, I'm just gonna call them by their new names, it'll make life easier.  Anyway, Logan was all for it, but Fitz acted really shy and just hung back. I got irritated with Ariel's antics pretty quickly, though, and so I left to go sit on the window.

Rapunzel, to my surprise, was already sitting up there.
"Oh!--Um, I'll...I'll go.  Sorry, didn't see you were already up here," I explained awkwardly, letting my hair cover my face.  I don't even know why I was awkward about it, I mean...she's my friend, and I see her and help her with her kids almost every day. 
"No, it's fine, stay for a bit!" Rapunzel reassured me, so I sat down and stared out of the window a couple of minutes.  "What's up?" she soon asked.

I looked up from my lap to see the widow's face.  Pale, the dark rings circling her eyes popped out even more than they had yesterday.  Her hair was a little messy, and a smile hadn't spread across her pale lips in more than two weeks. The woman had lost her husband, who was I to complain?
"Nothing, just needed some fresh air," I told her.
"Have Hans and Kristoff come back yet?" I had told her about Tangled Fan's plan.
I nodded, and quickly told her about their personality changes, hoping to amuse her.  It didn't work.
"That's nice, actually.  They were pretty terrible when they first came here.  Let me guess, Ariel is all over them?"
My eyebrows shot up in surprise.  "Um...yeah.  That's why I came over here,"
She nodded quietly.  "I see.  Well, stay up here as long as you'd like.  I'll be leaving when the kiddos get up,"
I bit my lip, nodding as well.  "Do you need help with them?  I'm free, obviously." 
She shook her head.  "Thank you for the offer, Zarina, but you helped yesterday.  You need a break!" 
I didn't really need a break, but I agreed and just went back over to my side of the table, feeling slightly better than I had when I'd left. 
Zelia came over to me as soon as came back.
"I'm going to go see my sister.  Make sure that fool keeps in line," Zelia shot a glance back to Ariel, and I nodded.  Now how exactly did she expect me to keep her in line?  Good luck with that, Zelia.  Just so you know, I can't. 
And Ariel demonstrated that fact as soon as Zelia left.  She cornered me, which was fairly easy to do because I was curled up in the corner with Tangled Fan's copy of The Hobbit
"Don't try anything.  They wouldn't be interested in you anyway," Ariel hissed. 
I glanced up from the book.  "What?" 
"Don't try anything, blond. As in, Logan is mine." 
I shrugged.  "I wasn't planning on 'trying anything', Ariel."
She glanced down at my book.  "What're you reading?" 
"The Hobbit," I said.  Was she actually interested?
 Her lips twisted into a cruel smile. "I guess I wouldn't have to worry, anyway.  Nobody would look twice at a little nerd like you."  And with that, she left. 
I sighed, trying not to let her get to me, but I could hardly follow the words filling the pages, because my eyes were filling with hot tears. 

1 comment:

  1. PFFFF. Ariel's wrong. I'm right. You're awesome.

    Hobbit and Cap are cool, dudet! I can't WAIT to watch Winter Soldier. :-D

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete