Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Zarina's Notes--Fitz.

Hey guys, it's Zarina.  I'm thinking about getting my own blog soon here, I don't wanna become unwelcome or anything.  Anyway, today was interesting.
Okay, crappy.  It was crappy.
Everyone went for a walk, except for Ariel, Punzie, Logan, and Fitz.  I was uninvited to the walk, big surprise there.  Belle would have let me go, I'm sure, but Emma and Piper probably had a good say in who went and who didn't. With that aside, I sat down with my book-- Messenger by Lois Lowry.  I had read no more than ten pages when Punzie started on me.
"Oh look, she's being nerdy again.  Having fun reading by yourself?"
Ariel's head tilted away from Logan, who she was probably flirting with, and a nasty gleam came into her eyes. "Oh, how sweet."
"I wonder if she wishes she could crawl into the book world and leave us?  She's nerdy enough to."
"If she did, nobody would notice!" Ariel walked over and stooped to look me in the eye.  "Not a soul."
"Stop," I muttered.
"What?  You're too quiet.  Maybe if you would socialize and talk more, you'd know how to speak!" Ariel said.
I stood, angered and upset.  "Stop it, both of you!  Leave me alone!"
Logan and Fitz were staring at us.  Great, all I wanted was an audience!
"Remember what I said about me being the boss?  My table, my rules.  You don't tell me what to do." Punzie pointed out.
"Just stop.  Please!  I know you don't like me reading, but just don't look if you don't wanna see me read!  Gosh,"
Ariel grabbed the book from me.  I gasped, trying to wrestle it back, yelping at her to give it back.  "No.  Fetch, freakshow!"
With that, she flung the book.  I watched as it skidded off of the edge of the table, thudding on the floor.
"Ariel!" I yelled. "How could you be so horri--"
I didn't even notice I was advancing towards her.  She shoved me away, and I stumbled backwards, off balance.  I grabbed for the huge bench, but instead smacked the right side of my head off of it.  I fell down in a heap in the corner, and when Ariel realized how powerful she could be, she advanced towards me, likely to throw some punches or something.  I couldn't get away, so I balled up in the corner and waited for it.
"Ariel, knock it off."
It was, to my surprise, Fitz's strong Scottish accent that said that.  I looked up, and he actually took Ariel's arm and pulled her back.  He's almost as shy as me, so it was surprising that he did it.
"Who do you think you are, telling me what to do?"
"I don't know, but I dunno who you think you are, treatin her that way, either."
Oh.
Burn.
She gave him a furious glare, but stormed off.  Punzie backed off as well; she wasn't that dumb!  Fitz bent, holding a hand out to me.  I didn't take it, though; I stumbled upright.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah.  I-I'm fine...thank you," I mumbled, frazzled.  I felt like crying.  I needed to get out of here.  I was thinking about what she said...yeah, nobody would care if I would disappear.  Maybe I just would.  But instead of doing that, I eased past Fitz awkwardly and fled for Rapunzel's side of the table.

Of all dolls, Casey was the one who really understood.  I know she had a rough life before coming to Rapunzel, but how could anyone be so cruel to a kid?  I almost cried when she sympathized with me; I feel bad that she went through whatever she went through.
Anyway, I went back at around five.  Everyone was back, but nobody noticed my arrival; huge surprise there!  I sat down by myself, thinking.  I was thankful for Fitz defending me, but was too shy to tell him so again.  Ehh, I had told him before.
To my surprise, Fitz actually came to sit with me.
"Are you okay?  They were really terrible,"
I nodded.  "I'm fine.  Again, thank you for helping me out,"
"Not a problem," he nodded.  We sat in silence for a few minutes before he asked if I would mind if he sat with me.  I shook my head, too surprised to answer.  I didn't mind, though why anyone would want to be around me, I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment